Monster

Everything Can Be Loved

I know it's been awhile, but here ya go!

Make sure to check ou the playlist I created for this story, it's posted in the previous chapters.

Hope you enjoy!


He was still a young pup. They used to live by a wide lake, one that seemed like an ocean. Flat vibrant green grass surrounded the deep water on all sides. There were no hills or mountains to block the view of the diamond sky.

 

His father always made him hunt on his own since he grew canines. It had been another evening, and young Yifan had just gotten back with a hawk body. He was in the middle of plucking the feathers when his father had sighed long and deep. The young pup paused and glanced over. Those sighs meant something, meant his father was going to give him advice about life like he did every few days or so.

 

“A mate is a tricky thing Yifan.” the old wolf smiles at the sky.

 

“How so father?” Yifan walks over to the water’s edge, dipping his dinner into wash it clean. A small flat stone is clutched and scrubbed against the bird’s skin meticulously until the pup is satisfied. He stabs it with a thin branch and hoists it over the open fire his father had made for them. The old wolf chews on the leg of a boar.

 

“You must trust them completely with your life, and they must trust you in return.” his father explains. His eyes are blue, like water. And the wolf has always told Yifan that when he fully turns, when he matures under a full moon, his eyes too will change.

 

“Did you trust my mother?” the pup’s snide comment is meant to hurt. All his life he’s known one thing of his birth; his mother had abandoned them. After Yifan had been born she had taken off, and Yifan’s father had been left to raise a child on his own.

 

“I did.” Yifan is surprised to hear this answer, and even more so to see his father slightly smiling.

 

“But she’s not here.” Yifan states the obvious.

 

“No. She left.” the old man shrugs like it doesn’t bother him. A spark ignites in Yifan.

 

“Why?” the pup snarls. Hot breath flows from his flared nostrils.

 

“It’s complicated Yifan. You won’t understand until you are older.” and Yifan doesn’t miss the sadness in the wolf’s eyes. How the blue eyes stare into the diamond sky, how his smile disappears and there’s a longing in his gaze.

 

Yifan softens, “What was she like? Was she as beautiful as the moon?” he chuckles.

 

“Even more so.” the small smile comes back, “And she drove me insane. Somedays I wanted to strangle her, and others I wanted to just hold her and enjoy her warmth.”

 

Yifan cannot understand it. He cannot picture such a person, a human who enrages him so much yet holds his heart.

 

“How is that love father? To want to strangle someone?” the pup questions. A person who makes his blood boil but makes his heart pound? It sounds like insanity.

 

“One day you will understand. You will have someone who, even if you are upset with them, you will still care.” his father explains plainly, but it makes no sense to the young pup who only understands that if you trust someone to be your mate, they will leave you. Someone who makes you so angry but also someone you want to protect. Someone just like his mother.


 

 


 

 

His mate is beautiful. Wide eyes that reflect the world around him, that could swallow up the stars and moon from the sky. Dark hair that flows like the river at midnight. Plump lips and rosy cheeks that surely the rose itself painted with its petals. He is a sight to drink in.

 

And Yifan has discovered something special.

 

It was a new day, after yet another fight between them about how much time his mate got to spend outside, the wolf had dragged his spouse to the indoor lake and more or less thrown him in. It was cute, watching the little thing panic. And it was very funny to him as he watched the man discover that the wolf had thrown him into a very shallow end. It was only waist deep.

 

“You can bathe here. Since you don’t want to smell like a wild animal, as you said earlier.” tosses a handful of mint leaves onto the surface and had walked out to go hunting.

 

But then he’d heard it. Like a songbird. Yifan remembered hearing one once, a canary as bright as the sun, when he was small.

 

So naturally, the wolf had snuck back into the cave opening and spied on his new mate bathing.

 

His eyes drank in the firm cheeks on his mate’s backside, the slim waist and beautiful skin as well. And then his ears drank in the beautiful enchanting song coming from his mate’s lips.

 

His mate could sing, very well. Beautifully.

 

Yifan stood there, for a long time, watching his mate scoop up the water and rub his skin, comb through his midnight hair, and listen to the sweet song his mate hummed.

 

“You’re good at that.” Yifan compliments.

 

Kyungsoo jumps, the water splashing around him wildly. He attempts to cover his body, although he has been in the same bare state for the past few days, and curses at Yifan.

 

“W-what are you doing!” his mate sighed with irritation.

 

Yifan smirks, “Listening to your voice.”

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, “Staring at me is more like it. It’s distasteful to stare at me when-”

 

“When you’re my mate?” the wolf cuts in. He watches the plump pink lips open then close. Kyungsoo wades through the water with his trademark pout and rolls into the thick white tiger hide Yifan had found him in. The induk covers himself quickly and mutters about sunlight being a better solution than freezing in a stone prison.

 

“I built a fire for you.” the beast assures.

 

“Th-th-thanks.” Kyungsoo shivers and wraps the fur closer to his body.

 

“Your voice is beautiful. As are you.” Yifan starts to walk towards the exit, glancing back when he hears Kyungsoo hiss and rips his arms out from the blanket. The induk glares at his bloodied knuckles, still cut from his tantrum.

He remembers a plant his father used to rub his old wounds in, he’ll retrieve it when he comes back.

 

He’s almost to the start of the tunnel when his mate speaks up,

 

“Y-you’re pretty uh...pretty good looking as well. R-rude but…” his mate doesn’t finish the sentence. He instead grunts and trembles violently.

 

Yifan makes his way down the wide tunnel, biting his lip from smiling.

 


 

 

“It will help.” The wolf explains to the sceptic mate. The human’s eyebrows are up with doubt.

 

Somehow the beast had convinced the induk to sit down with him in a calm manner. After a bit of a struggle. There had not been any...well many...harsh words or criticisms. Only a simple offer, “If you come and sit with me I will heal your wounds.”

 

Blue eyes scan his mate carefully, affectionately, and Kyungsoo almost blushes. But then a sharp sting makes him jump in surprise. The beast is a little rough when he grabs for Kyungsoo’s hands, and he ignores the cries of pain across from him.

 

Kyungsoo hisses and tugs his hands back. The wolf snarls and grabs for him again. But the induk scoots back and holds his arms up, not wanting to let that horrible sting hurt him again. The wolf immediately crawls forward, intent on doing what he wants.

 

With one hand he clutches the small wrist and yanks his mate forward, and the other holds a sharp thick green leaf. It’s from an aloe plant.

 

“If you would just hold still!” the beast mutters.

 

“I said it hurts!” Kyungsoo whines.

 

His bloodied wrist are brought forward anyways, and the clear sap is rubbed on roughly. This didn’t feel like healing.

 

“Infant dukuns could do a better job.” the new mate insults. Angry blue eyes concentrate on the open wounds. The cuts had started to emit pus sooner than he thought they would, so the wolf had gone out after building their fire and plucked an aloe plant. He knew the sap would help heal his mate’s hands. So now he was rubbing in nature’s healing lotion and ignoring the protests. At least he wasn’t being kicked anymore, washing the wounds in the cave’s lake had been the hard part.

 

“Ah!” Kyungsoo gasps and tries to pull away once again.

 

“If you stayed still it would be over sooner.” the wolf advises.

 

Kyungsoo pouts and does his best. But the beast is rough. He holds Kyungsoo’s wrist too tight, he rubs his cuts to hard and he’s just...too much.

 

“It still hurts.” the induk points out. The wolf doesn’t stop until both sets of knuckles are covered in enough of the serum and then wrapped tightly in the long strips of grass he’d cut. It will only stay for a day or so, but it will work.

 

“How-” the induk pauses when sharp neon eyes snap up to look at him, “how did you know to use this plant?”

 

The wolf seems to swallow something bitter before he whispers, “My father taught me.”

 

It seems to be a fragile cord that’s been struck. Kyungsoo watches the wolf carefully as he asks, “Where is your father?”

 

“Dead.” comes the simple reply. There’s no further explanation. The beast rises and begins to work on the campfire. So the induk slowly makes his way to the lake to rest.

Kyungsoo sits tired, physically and emotionally near the lake. He’d almost forgotten the beast had a human side. That the wolf had a mother and father. And apparently his father was dead. Maybe there was a human side the grieved, that loved.The reflection in the water ripples and turns, showing him his tired red eyes, the bite mark at the crook of his neck still bruised and raw.

 

“You will heal faster once you’re a wolf.” the beast nods to himself.

 

Kyungsoo’s neck snaps up so he can glare at the wolf.

 

“What did you say?” he whispers. He tells himself that he’d heard it wrong.

 

The wolf stands and easily drags the body of a full grown boar over towards the fire. Kyungsoo had woken up to the large wolf with the bloody pig in his jaws. And he answers the induk’s question so easily, like it wasn’t a big deal.

 

“When you turn, under the full moon. You’ll be able to heal like me. It will be easier when you hurt yourself and I won’t need to baby you.” the wolf explains.

 

Kyungsoo’s heart seems to drop to his stomach.

 

“W-what do you mean? Like you?” he stands. His voice is rising, his vision is going blurry because hot tears are forming. No. Was that possible?

 

The wolf looks confused, “I gave you my bite, when you agreed to be my mate, therefore you will be a wolf just like me. You won’t change until the next full moon, but you will.” broad shoulders shrug and a knife made from stone is stabbed into the boar’s fat side.

 

Kyungsoo is shaking, his jaw is clenching. No. That can’t be true.

 

“No.” he shakes his head. The blue eyed man smirks and answers back simply,

 

“Yes.”

 

“I don’t want to.” Kyungsoo’s heart is racing. And for some reason every suci kado he’s ever witness dressed in white begins to emerge in his thoughts.

 

The beast stops ripping the boar’s limbs off and sighs with annoyance, “It’s going to happen whether you like it or not. You agreed to be my mate, you got my bite. You’re going to become a wolf like me.”

 

“You bit me before I agreed!” Kyungsoo defends, “You didn’t give me an option! I was a sacrifice, it was either I die or be with you! That’s no fair!”

 

Blue eyes roll to the back of the animal’s head, “It is the world we live in. I have you now, you are my mate and you will shift on the full moon.”

 

Kyungsoo stomps his foot like an angry child, his voice is choking and his anger is bubbling out to make his face red.“I don’t want to! Take the bite back! I don’t-”

 

“I cannot! You will be like me, that is the end of it!” the wolf roars back.

 

“I don’t want to be a monster! I don’t want to be a monster like you!” he screams.

 

Yifan freezes, eyes glowing the slightest. His head slowly turns so he can bare his sharp canines to his...mate.

 

“What did you call me?” he growls.

 

Kyungsoo’s cheeks are pink. His eyes seem like they’re on fire.

 

You’re a monster! You tricked me into this! You lied! I hate you!” Kyungsoo screams so hard his throat feels a little sore afterward.

 

The man grows long pointed ears, jaw snapping with sharp teeth and eyes neon blue. He storms over to the smaller induk and roars before ordering in a deep voice,

 

Get out! Get out and don’t come back!

 

And Kyungsoo does. He shoves the blue eyed monster aside and storms out the left tunnel. He runs as fast as he can. With tears in his eyes and a deep cry in his throat, he runs as fast as he legs will carry him. He was tricked into this, into being this monster’s mate. And now he would what? Become like him? Feed on people? Grow teeth and fur?

 

He wasn’t wanted. He wasn’t loved. And he wasn’t going to become a monster.

 

He was going to run away. Till his feet bled, he would run.


The night was young, the stars were out, and Kyungsoo ran through the dark forest that met him.


Thanks you for reading and I hope you enjoyed! I'll update when I can! Let me know in the coments what you think is going to happen next!

 

Much love doves,

 

Porter