CHAPTER 5.

The BOYS Next Door. :]

CHAPTER 5




 

 


Yeonra's POV



I sat at the edge of the couch as Donghae cleaned my open wound, and......

 

"OW!! Ah...a-ah-aahhaaaa.....!"   WHY DOES MY SKIN HAVE TO BE SO SENSITIVE WHEN I GET BRUISES AND CUTS??? Well, I guess it's better to have those than have a broken heart....

 

 

                                  ' OKAY. MY CHEESINESS STOPS HERE. SORRY. :)))))) '

 

 

"Uhmm...........Donghae-sshi? Ca-can yo-u please be a bit more c-carefu-l?"

"Oh, am I hurting you that much? Mianhe, Yeonra.............but from now on, call me oppa, arasso?"

"Okay...............Donghae oppa~"

 

 
I've called other guys oppa before, but why does it feel different when I called Donghae "oppa"? AISH~!!! Park Yeonra, snap back to reality! Maybe you're just imagining things again....... *WOW. I tend to do that A LOT lately. O.O *

 


Donghae oppa seems different when he was taking care of me........I saw the caring side of him when he was helping me treat my wound. But wait..........WHY DOES IT FEEL DIFFERENT WHEN HE HOLDS MY HAND?

I didn't even notice that Donghae oppa was finished bandaging my hand.....He caught my attention by calling my name a few times, each call a bit louder than the first one.





OKAY....you may be wondering what I'm doing here in my room with a guy I've barely known for a week, so to give you guys a recap, here's what happened before I ended up here.......

You guys remember that Donghae oppa and Yunho-sshi came to our apartment to bring a welcome gift, right? Well.....................it turns out that it was cake! Chocolate and vanilla to be exact, AND my and Chansook's favorite flavors. MMMMMMM :P

Well, after that, we invited them in if they would like to eat with us, and thankfully, they accepted. Chansook and I led them to the dining room to be seated, and I was assigned with the task of cutting the cake for everyone. And.........


 

 



FLASHBACK



"AAAAHH!!!!"


Chansook and the two guys immediately rushed to the kitchen to look at what happened to me...


"Chansook-ah! Help me!" I winced in pain when I accidentally cut myself while trying to cut the first slice of cake. I always become nervous when holding a knife, which is why I'm not suitable for working in the kitchen.

 


"Yeonra! Did you cut yourself again??" said Chansook as she pulled me to sit in the nearby chair

"Again?" Donghae and Yunho said in unison while staring at my wound

"Ummmm....y-yeah....." I nodded "This isn't my first time to have an accident in the kitchen........" I then bowed my head down in embarassment

 


Chansook gave me and apologetic look and told Yunho and Donghae what happened during my first kitchen accident.
 


"There was a time when Yeonra was left alone in their house when she was young because her parents were on a business trip. She just came home from school and didn't eat with us after classes because she thought her parents would leave food for her that night. Unfortunately, they didn't and she was forced to cook for herself........"
 


Chansook looked at me and I nodded my head giving her permission to continue what she was saying
 


"...........when the water for cooking the pasta was boiling already, she went to the kitchen to turn off the gas, but she ended up turning the knob the other way."
 


Both Yunho and Donghae stared at me before letting the gaze go back to Chansook for the story...
 


"The boiling water immediately gushed up the opening of the kettle, spilling half of the kettle's contents on Yeonra..........but thankfully she had her phone in her pocket so she was able to call me after that. I took her to the hospital and she was treated there for 2 weeks. Luckily my cousin was a dermatologist, so after her treatment my cousin took care of her wounds, and now they're not visible anymore....." Chansook then grabbed my other hand and squeezed it tightly. She knew I didn't like to be reminded of the bad events in my past....
 


"I'll help you take care of your wound, Yeonra...."


              Wait......Is my mind deceiving me? Or did Donghae-sshi just volunteer to clean my wound?


Chansook and Yunho's eyes were looking and smirking at each other, and by the looks of it, THEY'RE THINKING SOMETHING EVIL....EVIL, I TELL YOU. :|

"U-Uhhh, yeah, Donghae-sshi! That's a good idea....why don't you take Yeonra to her room, there's a first aid kit in our bathroom there."

 


                                           HAN CHANSOOK, AFTER THIS, YOU ARE D-E-A-D.
 


"I guess I'll stay here and help Chansook clean this up, and we'll also prepare the cake for when you guys are done."
 


                                WOW, YUNHO-SSHI. THANKS. I APPRECIATE IT. I REALLY DO.



END FLASHBACK


 



So now you know how the two of us ended up here in my room............and me with a bandage on my left hand.



"Yeonra-ah!"

"Eh?" Great, Yeonra. He probably thinks you're weird from the way you spaced out. :|

"I'm done cleaning and bandaging your wound."

"Oh, gumawo, Donghae oppa! By the way, where'd you learn to do that properly??"

"I worked as a lifeguard a few months back during the summer. It helped me earn extra money for my college fund." He smiled at me when he said it, making me feel like I was going melt any minute now.......... "Hey, let's go down to the kitchen since we're done here. Yunho and Chansook might have already eaten everything."

 

He stood up first and headed for the door. I couldn't stop myself from saying it out loud, so, here goes~.................................

 

"Donghae oppa, you know I could've cleaned the my hand by myself......but thank you for doing it..........even if I know we're not really that close or anything.. :)"

 

                                                             "ANYTHING FOR YOU, YEONRA."

 

 

*They both smiled warmly at each other before exiting the room and heading downstairs to their 2 friends........but little did Yeonra know that what Donghae just said was honest and came straight from his heart.*




 




Yunho's POV



Chansook and I finished preparing the plates and cutting the cake a few minutes after Donghae and Yeonra went up to her room. Then......


"Yunho...." Chansook started "Do you mind if I eat my piece of the cake already? Since...uh..I haven't eaten lunch yet...."

"Go ahead, Chansook. Oh, and drop the honorifics, okay?" I smiled at her after saying it

"Gumawo, Yunho."




AFTER 30 MINUTES


 


*Wow.........Donghae and Yeonra sure are taking long......................................................................................................HEY, I HAVE AN IDEA!*


"Why are you staring and smiling at the ceiling, Yunho??"



                                              Let's see if you can resist my charm, Chansook-ah

 

I slowly cut a small piece from my share of the cake and pointed it towards her direction. I was expecting her to take a bite already, but she just stared at me..........WELL, MORE LIKE, GLARED.
 


".........and what am I supposed to do with that piece of cake?" She questioned me
 


I then moved from my seat to the chair beside her and I put my right arm around her shoulder and put the fork in front of



"Eat it"

"No"

"Come on, it's just cake. Eat it."

"No"

"EAT IT"

"ANDWAE!"

"Last chance....."

"I'm still not going to~~HMMMFFFPHHHHHH!!!!!!!"


                                                   That should do the trick.....:)))))


"Yah!!! Jung Yunho, WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?" She was still gulping down some of the cake when she said it.........she looks cute though...:)

"I fed you cake." I answered

"You didn't feed me, YOU SMOTHERED ME!" Awwww......She looks cute when she's angry

"Is it wrong to feed my girl cake?"

"W-w-what d-did you just s-ay??" By now she had a shocked expression on her face

I smirked as I stood up from my seat "Nothing.....nothing at all."


 


I went to look for their other bathroom to clean myself up after eating, then, a thought came to my

mind...............................................................WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME???






Chansook's POV



"AIGOO......." I let out a soft sigh "Why am I blushing???" Good thing Yunho's not here or he'll probably make fun of me right now.

"Am..........................am I feeling something for him??" I stop and pause for a minute "N-n-no! I can't be..........I promised myself I wouldn't easily fall for someone again...............I DON'T WANT TO BE WEAK................but how come when he's near me, I seem that way? AISH!!!"

 


No need to have a nervous breakdown now, Han Chansook! It's probably nothing.......Yeah, that's right.....just shrug it off......




 



 



AIGOOOOO.........SORRY FOR THE VERY LONG WAIT! *BOWS 90 DEGREES*
 


WE HAD SO MUCH WORK TO DO FOR SCHOOL AND I WAS CAUGHT UP WITH DANCE PRACTICE FOR A UNIVERSITY-WIDE PERFORMANCE. :)

HOPEFULLY, THERE'LL BE ANOTHER CHAPTER TOMORROW! YAY! :D

SO AS YOU'VE SEEN, THERE ARE MANY "WHYS" IN THIS CHAPTER............DO YOU THINK THEY'LL BE ANSWERED SOON BY THE OTHER CHARACTERS? :)))) LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!




PLEASE CONTINUE ON SUPPORTING US, AND DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!!! IF YOU GUYS COMMENT, IT GIVES ME MOTIVATION TO WRITE A CHAPTER QUICKLY! :D