Chapter 5: Gateway

Got Love?

Mark’s POV

 

As we left Jinyoung outside the hall, my heart was beating so fast. Why would he do these things? Who am I to him? I’m just a stranger. Many things were going on my mind, when suddenly IM pinch my arm.

“Markie, are you okay? Are you listening to me?” he said.

I looked at IM and he looks so worried “Um, what are you saying again?” I said not knowing he was talking to me.

IM crossed his arms and looked at me.

“Are you going to meet the guy from a while ago?”

“Uh, yes.” I answered.

“Where?” he said in a cold tone.

“At the gate. We are just going to talk.”

“Can I come? You might get in trouble.” He said.

I think of it for a while and thought that if IM come with me later, there will be even more trouble.

“Maybe I should go alone IM.”  I said.

He smiled at me.

“Okay”.

Then we sat down beside Seulgi because Ms. Sabelia is going to announce something.

“Art Majors! Congratulations for the job well done on the first activity!” she said.

We clapped our hands and roared with joy.

“As for today, we have 99 students left. One student has received a drop score.”

Our classmates murmured at each other and wondered who have drop from the major.

“No need to bother who left this major. All you need to think is to pass the activities.” She said.

“Dae” we answered.

“I also want to congratulate the 3 elite scorers for today.”

“Elite scorers?” the students asked.

“Yes, our 3 elite scorers please stand up Ms. Kang Seul Gi, Ms. Im Chang  Kyun and Mark Tuan.”

Hearing my name makes me proud of myself.

“Waaa. Daebak”

“Heol”

The students said in amazement. The three of us stand up and bowed down and sat down again. They all clapped including our teacher.

“Before I dismiss, the schedule of art major classes will be whole day on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For your specific co- major  classes will half- day (morning) and minor classes (afternoon) during Tuesday and Thursday. Goodluck class and dismissed!” she said happily.

“Goodbye ma’am” we said altogether.

Me and IM satand up and left the hall. We entered the elevator and then IM said

"I'm going to meet my best friend Kihyun at third floor. Text me if you got home safely"

He went out the elevator and waved goodbye to me. I waved back and the elevator closed. I'm sure I'm happy to spend my day today with him. I opened my phone and I've got a text from my twin Jack:

(This is the inbox)

                                                              JACK :)

Mark, you go home first okay. I'm going out with Min Ji. Remember her?                                                                                         07/12/16 - 4: 38 pm

                                                                         Yep. Min Ji is our University student secretary.                                                                                                                                                                              Sent to Jack :)

Hhehe. She is really cute!

                                                          Okay. Bye.

Be safe. Love u bro :)

                                                         Sure. 

You don't love me? :(                                                                                                                                                                   4: 51 pm

MARK! Come on!                                                                                                                                                                        4: 52 pm

I decided not reply because my brother is too annoying. I returned my phone in my pocket and walked out the elevator as I arrived at the ground floor. I was busy walking when my phone rang.

Wi arae. Wi wi arae....

I took out my phone and saw that Jack is calling me. I regected it and planning to annoy my brother more. I'm busy looking at my phone when someone bumped into me. I looked at him and he looks nice: he has small eyes and white skin and he looks so formal.

"Sorry. I did that on purpose" he smiled devilishly.

On purpose. Why would he do that?

"What?" I said.

"I did that on purpose because you looked pretty" he said.

Pretty? Is he playing with me?

"I don't have time for this." I said.

I was about to go when he talked again.

"I'm just joking with you. I'm Im Jae Bom, University Student President" he said with a smile. 

President? Now, that I think of it he really does look presentable.

"Sorry I didn't know. I'm Mark Tuan, freshmen Art Major." I bowed down.

He smiled at me. "A freshmen? Good to know because I'm here to invite you to join the Got Love Club." he said and offered me a paper.

I took it and read

Got Love? You'll receive love with our help. You need help? We are here to give service and love. Come join us now.

"Is it a service club?" I asked.

"Yes, we're running low of members. So do you want to join?" he looked so eager just for the club eventhough he is already the university student president.

Joining a club might not be bad at all. It could help me boost my social interaction.

"Okay, I'll join the club" I said with a smile.

"Really! you will join?" he said happily.

I nodded my head and he said

"Just text the number there on the paper and he'll instruct you about the club meetings. The president is Junior, he's a nice guy. Just text him tonight. Bye" he said and left me behind.

I folded the paper and walked outside the building to meet Jinyoung at the gate.

I'm becoming nervous as I step closer to the gate. I'm already at the Gateway when I saw Jinyoung running towards me. I wanted step back and walk away. I'm not ready to face him yet. My heart is racing fast. Few more centimeters.. Few more steps... Few more..few and now he's here right in front of me. Sweat dripping down his face. Why does he look so different for me. Like he gives impact from the first time I met him.

"Hi." he said with a smile.

"Hello. Let's make this talk quick Jinyoung." I said to him.

He looked at me and said. "I just want to say sorry. Sorry for bothering you this day. Sorry for fighting with your new friend.Sorry for everything." 

Why does this hurts so bad? Why do I have this feeling to say sorry to him instead to me?

"Um, You don't need to say sorry. I should be the one to apologize because I've been making you angry for no reason." I said while biting my lips because of too much nervousness.

He thinned his lips and give out his hand.

"Both of us saying sorry to each other sounds dramatic. Let's just be friends okay?"

I smiled and shaked his hand. 

"Sure. We can be friends." 

"This is great, because I really like you."

Like me? Like..like as a friend.

"Um. I would like you to be my friend too." I responded.

"Yep. I like you as friend." he said.

I smiled and said "Um, maybe I should go now. My mom is already waiting for me." 

"Sure. I need to go too.See you tomorrow." Then he ran off.

I smiled a little and went to get my bike.

JINYOUNG's POV

I ran away from Mark, because I know that I couldn't take any longer to talk to him without touching his beautiful face. Starting over again means a lot to me. But saying I like him as friend is not what my heart tells. I like him more than that. And I hope he'll know that too.

"Hyung..I like you." 

That's what he said before when we were young. And pieces by pieces he'll remember me again. And slowly he'll forgive me for leaving him.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

Kyaaaa!. An update chinguuss.. Sorry for being late though. Hehehe. But thanks for waiting and thanks for ever loving support. Yeheey, Jinyoung and Mark talked. But still, it's a short conversation..

BYEEE

I love you guys and saranghaja!

-eoeoorange