Chapter 1: New School, new life

Got Love?

Mark and Jack are twins. They went to Korea because their mom got promoted into an Executive Editor of a Literature Company. They both chose to go to school to Seoul Arts Academy. Now, it will be their first day at high school. What will happen?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside Tuan’s House:

Mark is busy cooking breakfast wearing a pink apron. When, suddenly her mother came in to the kitchen.  

“Mark dear~ what are you cooking right now?” Mrs. Tuan said.

“Chicken Omelet” Mark simply said.

“Ohhh..sounds delicious. Where’s your brother, dear?” she said.

“Upstairs”

“He’s not yet awake?” his mom shouted.

“Nope.” Mark is still cooking when his mother grabbed his arm and pushed him out of the kitchen.

“Go wake up your brother”

Mark frowned and said “I’m not yet done cooking mom”

“I’ll finish it dear, go wake him up now.”

 

Mark went upstairs and opened their shared room. He saw his brother not asleep anymore but already prepared for school: Hair well-brushed, uniform fitted perfectly and a smile plastered on his face.

“Hey, Mark why you are not ready for school?” Jack grabbed his twin’s shoulder.

“Because I’m not excited Jack!” Mark slapped away Jack’s hand and stormed into the bathroom.

Jack was still shocked that his brother shouted that in fact he doesn’t talk that loud.

“Geez, what’s wrong with my twin?” Jack asked himself. He didn’t know what to answer to his self. So, he went downstairs.

MARK’S POV

Cold water from the shower slowly dripping to my body and I felt so cold. Not only my body felt so cold but also my heart. New school means new life. I don’t find that exciting. Back in Chicago, I don’t have any friends except for my popular twin brother and a boy I saved before but I forgot his name. At least, we became friends for a few days and then he was gone without even telling me. I don’t want to make friends, because I know they will leave me if they don’t like me anymore. They will get easily get bored of someone like: too quiet, I don’t even laugh but I smile. I smile when no one is around and when I’m drawing. I finished showering and went out the bathroom, dried up and wear my uniform. I grabbed my backpack and put my sketchbook inside. I kept that sketchbook since I was a child. I drew special people inside the sketchbook: My dead father, my mother, my twin brother and my only friend.

I went downstairs and saw my brother hugging mom. And I smiled a little. I’m happy that I’m with my mom and Jack. They saw me and I erased my smile.

“Mark, mom bought us bikes. One for you and one for me.” Jack grinned happily.

I ignored Jack and hugged mom.

“We need to go to school mom.” I said.

“Eat breakfast first dear.” Mom said.

“Sure.” I went to the kitchen and eat my breakfast. I was busy eating when my brother back hugged me.

“Faster Mark, I’m excited to go to school!” Jack screamed.

“Get off of me Jack.” He let go of me and finished eating. I went outside the kitchen and walked directly outside the house, ignoring mom and Jack. 

I really felt so bad for myself that I can't even make them happy. I'm not that interesting to them. I don't know why I cannot express happiness that much and why my brother is so good being happy?

"I need to stop thinking about that now" I told myself.

"Need to stop thinking what?" I heard from behind. 

I looked back and saw my brother looking worried at me.

"Mark, tell me if you have problems okay? Besides, I'm the older twin." Jack grabbed my wrist.

I didn't slapped his hand away this time, I let him hold it for a while. 

I like this. I felt so protected. I felt love. 

"Okay Jack. Thanks for the concern." I managed to say that. He let go of me and I smiled a little without him seeing it. 

"Good to hear that. Let's go Mark, I don't want us to be late on our first day of school." He smiled happily and we ride our bikes. 

Our new school is just few blocks away from home and I enjoyed the soothing breeze of air coming in my body. I felt so alive and refreshed at the same time.

We arrived at the school: Seoul Arts Academy. I can already see from the gate the freshmen students crowding at the field. Besides, its the first day. 

Jack linked his hands with mine and said: "We can do this Mark! Hello SAA! Seoul Arts Academy!" 

I only looked at him because he shouted so loud. We're about to enter the gate when the guard stopped us. 

"Wait, young boys. I need to ask a few questions." the guard said in a deep voice.

We looked at each other and listened to the guard.

"What majors are you in." he asked.

"Dance" Jack said. 

The guard smiled and gave him a cardboard with DANCE MAJOR written on it. 

Jack took it and hold it with pride.

"What about you kid? Wait, why are you both holding hands? You're a couple?" the guard asked.

"Nope, were twins!" Jack exclaimed.

"Twins, you're not alike." the guard said.

"I know we don't look like each other because we're not identical twins we're fraternal twins."

"Oh, that was it. Sorry for the misunderstanding." 

he thought were a couple? I could feel my face heating up. 

"Excuse me, what major are you in?" he asked. I spaced out again.

"Uh--umm- Arts." I stuttered to say.

Then he gave me the cardboard. 

"Godbless boys!" he said to us happily.

Then we nod our heads together. Then entered the gate. 

Here it is: my New Life...

_________________________________________________________________________

Sorry guys if I confused you a bit. In this fanfic, Jack Tuan and jackson are different people. Jack Tuan is the Twin of Mark and Jackson will appear later on.

Thanks for supporting... Love Love!