#09: of cats and kittens

너의 세상으로 // a sekai drabble collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OF CATS AND KITTENS

1,600+ words | pg | fluff, romance, humor (?)
warnings: fem!sehun; unbetaed

 

At the age of twenty-two and twenty-five respectively, being married seems to be a too rushed decision, compared to their peers who aren’t thinking about marriage and founding a family. As pressure is put on young adults to participate in the whole education craze, as well as compete for better job and higher positions, there is not much time to think about dating, marriage, and possibly having kids. Maybe later, in their mid-thirties or forties even. It’s what everyone is doing in fear of not being able to find a job to establish a stable income for their future family life.

It’s sad, Sehee thinks, that people aren’t following their hearts anymore. Instead, they exhaust themselves as they keep running towards an uncertain place as no one can predict what the future will be like. Not that Sehee knows for sure what her future will look like, but she thinks she is happy like this, wedded to the love of her life.

Oh Sehee, at the age of twenty-two, is a happy newly-wed female. It’s just a few weeks since she’s out of school with a degree in business, but really, it’s not business that she is interested in, although she has talked to Jongin about opening a café. It’s not because she is planning to make lots of money – really, usually café owners don’t even earn that much unless their café is a hotspot. It is because the other love of her life is baking and making chocolates. Having a sweet tooth herself, she had always spent her free time in the kitchen, baking cakes and muffins, cookies and cupcakes. Every holiday had been an excuse for her to take out all her baking utensils, bought over time from her saved pocket money, to create the finest pastries and chocolates. She’s not a professional, but her dedication and diligence have helped to hone her skills so that now she is confident that she can compete with other local pastry chefs.

So far, she has only been talking to Jongin about it, but she hasn’t made more concrete plans yet. There are so many things she would have to take care of first, mostly, choosing a good location that is not overpriced, before she can do everything else, though for the theme, she already knows what she wants to do, considering Jongin coming from veterinary school. He has yet to find a workplace, though he has assured her he won’t be jobless for too long.

“Actually, I’ll most likely start at the clinic I did my intern,” Jongin says as they sit together for dinner. It has been a tiring day with visiting Sehee’s parents and helping them with running errands, so now that they are back home (it took a lot of convincing to get away from family dinner with her overly nosy parents), they can finally breathe properly. It must have been especially tiring for Jongin who has been bombarded with question after question. After all, Sehee is the only child, and as her dad’s precious princess, he needs to make sure that Jongin is treating her right. It’s ridiculous to Sehee, especially since her parents know Jongin’s parents, too. They’ve been friends starting middle school and ever since senior year of high school, they had been dating. Sehee had not once been crying because of Jongin – all she remembers are sweet moments where they both indulge in each other’s love.

“Okay, wait, what if I have a proposal for you? A job offer I mean.”

The way Jongin blinks at her is too cute. Sehee can’t help but squish his face, almost squealing because her boyfriend – no, wait, husband of three weeks – is absolutely lovely. She’s falling in love all over again. She smiles when Jongin doesn’t swat her hands away, instead he is gently prying her fingers off, holding them and lacing them with his own fingers. That’s Jongin to you, she thinks, gentle Jongin who is never able to hurt. She’s definitely picked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter