#05: dates and dreams

너의 세상으로 // a sekai drabble collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DATES AND DREAMS

2118 words | pg | fluff, romance, college!au
warning: genderbender (fem!jongin)

 

Early Sunday afternoon, Sehun finds himself standing in front of their regular place to meet up, a dog cafe. It is December and it's freezing cold but not once does it occur to him that he could sit and wait inside. Instead, he wants to greet his girlfriend right by the entrance so he can open the door for her, like every gentleman should do for all the ladies, more so for their significant other. He's rubbing his hands together now, the gloves forgotten at home as he rushed here, not wanting to be late. Fashionably late is a stupid concept when it means to make his girlfriend wait. He prefers to be unfashionably early instead.

 

Luckily for him, Jongmi is similar in that aspect. She's unlike the girls he has dated before - more natural, more wild, more free. She's the type of girl a man wants as support for an entire lifetime, but that kind of talk is too early. Sehun can't ask for her hand yet, he can't propose only four months into their relationship; he has yet to meet her parents.

 

It's definitely too early to do all that, though Sehun is very sure that he will not marry another girl. Jongmi is his ideal, his princess, his queen, and hopefully the mother of his children in the future, too.

 

"Sehun," Jongmi calls out just as he looks in her direction. People say they were made for each other, and Sehun agrees. Their every move, their thoughts, their speech - they are perfectly attuned to each other.

 

Sehun brightens up considerably at the sight of his girlfriend, the coldness all forgotten because she makes him feel warm inside. Jongmi looks adorable in that red winter coat, all warm and fluffy, though the black beanie on top of her brunette locks doesn't quite match with the rest of her outfit. Sehun doesn't mind it one bit. It is winter and all that matters is for Jongmi to stay warm so he quickly guides her inside after a quick peck to her nose as greeting.

 

"Let's warm you up," he whispers, though obviously Sehun is the one who needs the warmth. He has been standing outside for ten minutes without a scarf and without gloves.

 

"Sorry for making you wait," Jongmi apologizes, but she sighs right after and flicks his forehead, trying to look strict and serious. "You could have waited inside."

 

"I could have," he agrees as he helps her take off her coat. Underneath, she is wearing a warm, white knit dress and leggings that are hopefully thick enough. He doesn't want her to catch a cold but if she ever does, Sehun will be the first one to pay a visit and bring her flowers and soup. He will make sure to take perfectly care of her until she recovers.

 

Jongmi peels him out of his coat, too, despite his protests, saying that he can do it by himself.

 

"That was not necessary," he says, shaking his head. He isn't mad though. Not when her smaller hand slips into his. Not when she's smiling at him like this. Jongmi has him wrapped around her little finger and they both know it. Sehun is whipped. Very much so.

 

They sit at their usual table and while Sehun is at the counter to get their drinks, Jongmi is already playing with the pups. Just like everyone else, naturally, pups and kitties like her, too. Just everything about her is lovely and likeable and animals with their sharper instincts feel it, too. There are currently three baby dogs fighting for her attention which makes Sehun wonder how he has drawn her attention when there are so many other good men courting her, too. She has plenty suitors to choose from, why did she decide to go out with him? Economics major Junmyeon seems so more capable than literature major Sehun.

 

Within minutes he is back at the table. Jongmi has two pups on her lap while Sehun has taken the third one to play with. They are talking and joking, having a good time as always as they feed the dogs with little treats, sharing and giving them some love, too. In some way, Sehun thinks their future married life - if Jongmi agrees to marry him some day, that is - wouldn't be too different from this. Though instead of pups, he is hoping to hold their own kids in maybe five or ten years' time. Would they have a baby girl or boy first, he wonders. Who would their baby resemble more? He hopes their children will all have Jongmi's traits - in both personality and appearance. There is no one who can rival her inner or outer beauty. Not even Sehun's handsome face was at her level of good looks, even if his girlfriend keeps denying that, and if one talks about the heart, then Jongmi is definitely the most kind-hearted person in the world.

 

"What are you thinking about?" Jongmi asks. Sehun shakes his head, smiling secretively.

 

"Nothing," he says, but of course Jongmi doesn't let him off that easily.

 

"Tell me," she insists and only stops asking when he promises to tell her later. Some day he will, but not no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter