#10: exsectio

너의 세상으로 // a sekai drabble collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXSECTIO

1,285 words | pg | slice of life, domestic!au

"Make them both large," Sehun says.

"What?"

"Make them both large. Large and thin. That's how pizza is supposed to be. Real Italian pizza that is," Sehun says. It sounds like it's supposed to be a side stab at Jongin's culinary knowledge, but it doesn't really sting. Jongin has no idea when it comes to food or how food is supposed to be. He's not a food enthusiast the same way Sehun is, meaning someone who knows a million different dishes from every corner of the world as well and having the taste of a gourmet. Instead, Jongin is the kind of food enthusiast who simply enjoys everything that tastes good to his own taste buds and that's it - no need for extravagance.

"Thinner. We're not having American style pizza," Sehun says and it's a bit unnerving that his boyfriend keeps staring at Jongin's hands that are busy working on the dough, using an empty wine bottle as a makeshift rolling pin. He has always hated people watching him doing things, like back then in school when the teacher used to walk around class so he can catch those students cheating better. Jongin would stop writing and shield his paper whenever the teacher stood next to him, too scared of what the teacher might say, seeing him writing down what could be a wrong formula or a stupid answer. He'd rather know if he had been stupid after the exam, rather than being made insecure during the exam.

"Too thin!" Sehun cries out and whacks Jongin on the head for he has rolled a hole into the dough. Jongin pouts, unhappy about the treatment, but he kneads the dough to a ball again before he starts rolling it out once more.

"Be more careful," Sehun sighs and Jongin wonders why he is the one doing this part of the job. Oh right, because Sehun had been preparing the dough and everything else since Jongin had been sleeping still. But why are they even trying to make their own pizza at home instead of going to the pizzeria right around the corner to get Italian pizza professionally done within twenty minutes? Because Sehun says there is no place in Korea that sells authentic Italian pizza. As if they had authentic pizza places in France, where Sehun has been studying for the past two years.

If Jongin thinks about it, it's pretty amazing. The two of them haven't seen each other in those two years, having something like a long distance relationship before returning to their cozy apartment in Seoul since Sehun went for a master's degree in Paris, while Jongin was in New York. 'Something like a long distance relationship' means they agreed to break up but stay friends, not wanting to be in each other's way if any of them happened to find someone new while their feelings for each other are fizzling out with the reduced interaction and physical intimacy that long distance brings. They both didn't expect to be back here, being boyfri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter