Chapter 5

The Girl Who Charms

(Haerin's POV)

 

"Erm,Hi! I'm Kim Haerin, as you already know." I took the initiative to bravely introduce myself to my shoulder partner, Jimin sshi, who was really troubled by the worksheet. "It would be a brand new start! Kim Haerin Hwaiting!" I cheered inwardly.Jimin sshi slowly raised his head and turned to face me, wearing a deadpan look. "Oops,maybe now is not the right time." I thought sheepishly,guilty of disturbing him. He raised an eyebrow as I kept silent. He then turned back to glaring at the worksheet given to us. "Hey wait! I see that you have problems with the worksheet," Jimin sshi proceeed to groan at the mention of the worksheet. I ignored him and continued,"I can help you if you would like." 

Jimin sshi's head snapped up, and he studied me for a moment, narrowing his eyes suspiciously.However, his face brightened soon after.

"Sure! About time someone helped me anyways!" And passed me his worksheet. I finished it before Mrs Shin came back into the room. Oh, and should I add that Jimin sshi was flirting the other girls in the meantime.

Are all boys like this?

Mrs Shin took a unsatisfactory side glance at the amount of worksheets stacked on her table and scowled."Class, I'm disappointed. This worksheet tests you about the things we learnt this semester. Those of you who has finished, you may go for your lunch break. Others stay behind and get this done by the end of lunch.

I swear that the volume of the groans produced by my classmates could be heard from two classes away. As we piled out of the classroom, Jimin sshi leaned down and said,"I owe you one. Thanks." That left me stunned. I didn't expect him to say that.

I opened my locker and put my books in, but the moment my hands were out of the locker, someone slammed it shut and pinned me to its cold, hard surface.

It was a girl, with impeccably applied makeup.

"YOU.Kim Haerin."

The way she pronounced every consonant of my name sent chills up my spine.What was she planning to do?

"Do you um...need something?" I stammered, a effect of her withering look.

"Need?! I'm the one who needs something from you!You better stay far away from MY oppa.Take my warning seriously before you regret it."

Her...oppa? I don't remember talking to any guys today.

"I'M TALKING ABOUT JIMIN YOU !!!! I don't get it, why would oppa even bother to talk to someone like you? I mean, look at you. You're not even pretty and you're clearly dumb."she spitted.

I didn't say anything and continued to let her speak. When she realized I wasn't replying, she yelled,"You idiot!! Are you even listening to me?!"

She raised her hand up high and I could feel the rush of air against my cheeks. I squeezed my eyes shut, mentally preparing for the slap of my life. Yet, I did not feel any pain. Curious,I opened my eyes and...

Author nim's notee~

Ok, it's about time I spoke to you guys!! Author nim is very very happy to receive encouragements from my dear ARMY friends. I will update soon! Please anticipate!!!*drumrolls* Hwaiting everyone~