Awkward

Unrequited Love; Breaking the Chain

"There it is," Ailee mumbled and grabbed her luggage. She turned around and started heading for the exit when she realized something; she didn't exactly know where she was going.

Ailee wondered what to do as she stood outside, in the cold. It wasn't until someone called out and said, "Excuse me ma'am, do you need a ride?" that she realized how long she'd been standing out there.

"Uh, sure, can you tell me what's a good place around Seoul to visit?"

~~

Eric sighed as he washed the dishes. It was tough being the owner of the shop and one of the only workers. It was quite stressful too. Sometimes he felt like he should have chosen another career, but he really wasn't complaining. He got a decent amount of money and loved the people that came to the coffee shop.

"Yo! I'm here!"

Eric stopped washing the dishes and turned around, already knowing who it was.

"What is it, Amber?" Eric asked. "It's been a while since you last showed."

Amber shurgged as she took her seat and Youngji went to get her the regular. "You know how it is with F(x). It gets quite busy."

Amber was an idol. Member of the famous trio f(x) that also consisted of Luna, and Victoria.  But just because she was part of this amazing trio didn't mean she was like other idols. She was down to earth, humble, and what she was most known for; a tomboy.

She dressed like one, acted like on, and was one. Because of that she got much love, but also much hate. Didn't matter much to her.

"Right, sometimes I forget you're an idol," Eric said in english, beggining their english session.

"Why does everyone always say that?" Amber asked.

"Because you don't act like one," Eric scoffed. Amber shrugged in defeat and proceeded to drink her coffee.

"How's Henry doing?" Eric asked.

Amber stopped drinking and shrugged. "You know him. Sleeping around here and there. I can't keep track of his girls."

Eric sighed and shook his head. "That guy needs to learn."

Amber scoffed and shook her head. "Henry will never learn."

"Maybe if he met the right girl one day," Eric said with a slight shrug.

Amber shook her head and scoffed. "That's so not Henry. The day Henry falls for a girl for real, is the day I fall in love for him."

Eric shut his mouth knowing there was no deeper argument than this. People, mostly fans, always assumed that Henry and Amber had a thing for each other because they were always together and things of the sort. But they were only best friends.

"Anyways, if he shows up drunk tell him I hate him," Amber said.

The bell rang, indicating there was a new customer and both Amber and Eric turned to see who it was. To their surprise it wasn't Hani like they expected, or any of the other regulars.

"Welcome," Eric accidentally spoke in englsih, since he and Amber had just had a conversation in their native language, and immediately corrected himself.

"You speak englsih? My name's Ailee, and I just got here from America a while ago," She said with a delighted face as she approached the two.

"I'm Amber," Amber quickly introduced herself in english as she stood up and shook Ailee's hand.

Ailee's eyes widened as she recognized Amber. "You're from f(x)! I know who you are! Wow it's such an honor to meet you."

Amber flipped her non-existent long hair, in a very pleased way. "Thank you."

The three Americans went on this conversation of why Ailee had come to Korea. She told Eric and Amber how she came to chase her dreams, but really didn't plan anything beforehand and had nowhere to go now.

"Well you could sleep over at my house," Eric offered, being the kind human being he was.

"Really?" Ailee asked as her eyes light up. "That'd be great!"

"Yeah, and you could work here at the coffee shop in the meantime."

Amber nodded as she listened in. She wondered how she ever came to meet Eric who was so kind. Then she remembered she'd stumbled upon the small coffee shop, learned he was American, and things just went on from there.

~~

 "You want a job?" The guy asked as he scanned Hoya with a disgusted face.

Hoya raised an eyebrow, showing how unimpressed he was. "Why? Can't I work here?"

"Where do you live?" The guy asked and Hoya smirked.

"The streets. Why? Is that a problem?"

Hoya was always someone who knew how to play and manipulate people. He could twist words in such ways and make thing change completely in a situation in ways no one could imagine.

So that day, when he left the office with a new job, he smirked at himself and his own devilish ways. Maybe because he had earned himself a job without even trying, or because he had a bigger chance to chase after his dreams now, but he was feeling extra happy and sly.

 Being to focused on his thoughts Hoya didn't realize there was someone standing in front of him, turned away to a different direction, and accidentally bumped into her.

The small girl that Hoya bumped into dropped the folders she was holding and cursed under her breath as she bent down to pick them up.

"I'm sorry," Hoya said with no real emotion as he bent down to help the small girl. "Do you work here?" He asked seeing how everything seemed to be research related.

"Yeah, I'm a news reporter here. You probably know who I am," the girl said making Hoya raise one of his thick eyeborws at her self-confidence.

"I'm Soojung, also known as Baby Soul, one of the news reporters here," She said.

Hoya coked an eyebrow before a sly smile appeared on his face. "I didn't know that."

Baby Soul frowned as she stood up. "Well, I guess I can't expect everyone to recognize someone who reports the news to them on a daily basis..."

"Soojung-ah!" Baby Soul's head spinned and she caught sight of Hani waving at her from the other side. "Sorry, I have to go," Baby Soul said as she bowed to Hoya and then ran off.

"Interesting," Hoya mumbled and then turned around to leave the building.

Baby Soul walked over to Hani and smiled at her. "You ready?"

Hani nodded and the two girls walked of to a section in the building where they sold coffee. "So who was that?" Hani asked the short girl as they headed downstairs.

Bay Soul shrugged. "I don't know. He bumped into me earlier and helped me pick up the things I dropped."

Hani nodded slowly before her eyes lit up and she gave her regular bright smile. "He was cute," She said with a giggle.

"Really? I hadn't noticed. I didn't even ask for his name," Baby Soul said as the two girls approached the place. "I was too focused on picking up the files I dropped. I worried for my research."

Hani shook her head at the short girl. Baby Soul always focused on her work and never gave attention to anything else. She knew being a news reporter wasn't easy, but she hopped that Baby Soul could just stop and relax for once.

Baby Soul didn't care much for that. She only cared for her job. Hani remembered how she'd met her a year ago at a little place where they sold coffee in the SBS building. She had accidentally spilled coffee all over Baby Soul's research and the shorter girl had freaked out.

After that Hani always made sure to be careful around Baby Soul, because even though she was short, she was scary.

"And how's it going at Running Man?" Baby Soul asked.

Hani groaned at the mere mention of her job. "Don't even. It's so tiring, and that new guy Soohyun is just the most annoying thing ever. But I guess I feel bad for him."

"Oh, I know who you're talking about!" Baby Soul exclaimed. "I think I saw him drop a whole bunch of coffee the other day."

"Yup, that's him," Hani said at the sound of his clumsiness. She sighed as they took their seats. "I think I want to retire."

"Hey, don't say that," Baby Sou saidl. "You're only twenty-three."

"I wish I was back at eighteen. I had big dreams back then."

"And a boyfriend too," Baby Soul said as if nothing making Hani sit up and make a face at her.

"Ey! He wasn't a boyfriend, and I am fine being single. Besides, I don't think you're one to talk."

 "Why? I have a job that I enjoy unlike you. I get paid very good and enjoy my life. I could date if I wanted to, but you... well, you're pitiful," Baby Soul said as she sat back.

"This child is driving me crazy," Hani said as she rubbed her temples. "Anyways, earlier I heard rummors that Kim Sunggyu, IU, Tiffany, Girl's Day, YSHY, Miss A and BTS, were coming to shoot for Inkigayo."

Baby Soul raised an eyebrow. Those were definitely some of the top idols out there at the moment. She was quite shocked they were all promoting at the same time. "That's an impressive line-up."

"You have no idea. It must give Leo a pain."

Leo was the main PD for Inkigayo who was often stressed out with having to deal with all the idols and stupid people he couldn't stand.

"When does someone ever not give Leo a pain?" Baby Soul asked, also knowing how Leo was from meeting him by coincidence once. "There's a reason he was nicknamed Leo."

~~

 Leo stared at the young girl in front of him before he let out a deep sigh of regret for his career choice. "So, I've already showed you around, introduced you to everything, now get working."

Yein nodded with a bright smile and ran off to do what she was supposed to do.

Leo didn't think he needed an intern running around the place, but he wasn't complaining. It's not like he had anyone to complain to.

"Miss A is here," Taecyeon came to inform him and Leo nodded. He walked over to the entrance and soon enough Miss A and their workers burst in through the door.

"Watch out for Suzy!" Someone that was with the four girls yelled as they walked over to Leo.

"Follow me," Leo said, barely over a whisper, and started walking to their dressing room. "Here's your dressing room."

Leo watched as the people all went in after Suzy as they pampered her, completely leaving out the other three girls of Miss A. The three leftovers didn't say anything since it seemed like they were used to it.

He wasn't surprised. Working as a PD for years now he had seen millions of groups like this. Snobby idols, mistreatment in them, and so on. It wasn't his job to say anything so he easily ignored everything and continued with his life.

Leo was never the type to care. He found it useless and absurd to get involved in other people's business or to care for others. He was the type who hated associating with people and would rather stay home in peace and quite, but he needed a job to survive.

"Suzy, is there anything else you'd like?" One of the ladies asked the young twenty-one year old.

Suzy just closed her eyes as she sat back in her seat in front of the mirror and waved off the worker. "Just let me rest."

Being one of the most popular female idols, Suzy never had much time for resting. She always had a new schedule and was all over Asia. Promoting here and there and everywhere.

It got quite lonely and tiring sometimes, especially with the fact that not many idols liked her, including her members, but Suzy had worked too hard to complain about anything.

 "Girl's Day is here," Myungsoo told Leo, making him take his attention away from the girl group.

"If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask," Leo said although he very much wished they wouldn't bother him. He bowed and proceeded to shut the door and walked away with Myungsoo by his side.

"Are BTS and IU Here yet?"

Myungsoo nodded. "Yes, they've already been attended."

"Good."

~~

 Jungkook watched IU do her rehearsal on stage with much interest. Once she finished and walked off stage he walked over to her and handed her a watter bottle. She eyed him suspiciously before she took it with frustration and drank from it.

"What do you want now?" IU asked.

"Must I want something? Is it wrong for a junior to watch his senior's performance?" Jungkook said with an arched eyebrow.

IU scoffed. "No. Unless junior and senior are you and I. How many times do I have to reject you?"

"Come on, noona," Jungkook pleaded.

Coming from the same agency, Jungkook had known IU, his senior, since his trainee days. He always loved and admired her. She was older than him by three years, and always rejected him, but he always tried to show her how much he'd grown and how he was a man.

"Noona, can't you see how much I've grown and changed?" Jungkook asked.

IU smirked as she scanned him and said, "Yes, your jawline is sharper, you lost your baby fat, you got quite tall, and are much buffer now. But no, my answer doesn't change."

Jungkook stared at her for a while, trying to hide how hurt he was feeling. "Alright. Just you wait, I'll show you."

IU rolled her eyes and didn't say anything else. Instead, she walked away from the tall guy and headed off to her dressing room.

"Damn it! I'm nineteen, I'm not that young!" Jungkook yelled as he kicked the closest thing to him.

"Could you not hurt our equipment?" Jungkook heard the voice of a girl.

Jungkook turned around to see a tall skinny girl standing behind him. She was... very familiar. He then realized how much she looked like him and raised an eyerbow.

"And who are you?" Jungkook asked, not recognizing her as one of the crew from before. He had come to this music show quite a lot before and knew most of the crew, but he didn't know her. Besides, she seemed too young to work there. Younger than him.

"Are you a saseang?!" He asked as his eyes widened in shock.

"What? No way, I'm an intern here," She said as she held up her I.D.. Jungkook squinted his eyes and looked at her I.D.. Yein. That was her name.

"How would a saseang even sneak in here?" Yein asked, shivering at the tought of those scary fans that shouldn't even be considered fans.

"You'd be surprised," Jungkook said as if nothing, remembering all those saseang incidents. "Anyways, how old are you?"

"Eighteen," Yein said.

Jungkook scoffed. "You're younger than me and you're working here? Wow."

Yein shrugged, not finding this guy too impressive. She wondered what type of idol he was. He seemed quite cocky as if he was famous, but she'd never heard of him before.

"I have to go," Yein said and turned around and walked away. That guy seemed odd and she didn't want to associate with him any longer. Not to forget, she also had other idols to attend to.

~~

Taecyeon sighed as he knocked on the door to the dressing room of YSHY. The group consisted of four members by the names of Yoona, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Yuri. They were more of a dance group than vocal geoup, because God knew those girls could truly not sing if their lives depended on it. At least that's how Taecyeon saw it.

Taecyeon was sure the girls got famous because they came from SM, and they had visuals. That was another reason he hated idols. So untalented and overrated.

The door opened revealing a very beautiful girl, who had often been referenced to as the goddess of Asia before. Im Yoona.

"Oh, hello," She said and bowed at Taecyeon. "You're one of the PD's, right?"

Taecyeon nodded and Yoona let him in. "Oh, hello Taecyeon," Sooyoung said standing up as she bowed to him.

Taecyeon nodded in acknowledgement.

 "Is there anything you need?" Yuri said standing up, being the leader and all.

"It'd time for your stage rehearsal," Taecyeon said and the girls stood up to follow him.

Being the PD for a while Taecyeon had met the girls a couple of times. He mostly knew Sooyoung. He had never really met Yoona though.

Yoona was often busy being one of, or the most, popular female idols. So she often arrived later than the others, meaning Taecyeon didn't have a chance to see her in the dressing room with the others. She often only arrived, got makeup and everything done, went on stage, and then left.

This time she had all her schedule cleared and Taecyeon was finally able to see her face to face. No matter how deep his hatred for idols was, he had to admit some were quite talented, and others had stunning looks.

Yoona was one that had stunning looks. Unfortunately she always thought that was all people saw.

"Okay, so when you go on stage..." Taecyeon started explaining to the girls what they had to do.

 "Thank you, Taecyeon-ssi," Yoona thanked with a bow before she went on stage.

Taecyeon nodded and saw her go on. She was quite stunning, and her gorgeous looks had made him think she'd be... like everyone else. Snobby.

But she was quite the opposite, for her first impression.

~~

 Tiffany walked down as she removed her sunglasses. She glanced around and let out a deep sigh. "Why?" She asked.

"It's your comeback. You must do promotions," her manager said.

"But why here? Now? BTS, YSHY, IU, they all have a better chance of winning," Tiffany said as she let out a sigh. "I'm not as loved as them..."

"Still, we can't argue against the company," her manager said and Tiffany knew he was right.

For years Tiffany had known the industry quite well. She had even ruled everything, being known as the eye smile queen and best female soloist.

And then she had to get that surgery. It wasn't like she was the best singer before that, but she wasn't as bad as she was now. She had been improving before the surgery. Now, well, she was quite hated. Let's leave it at that.

"Come this way, please," A girl said snapping Tiffany out of her thoughts. "Who are you?"

"I'm Yein, the new intern," the girl said smiling wide. "And of you could follow me to your dressing room.."

Tiffany nodded and followed the young girl. She wondered since when Inkigayo started hiring such young kids. It made her feel quite old. She was only twenty-six, but her best years had already gone down the drain and it was a long time since her latest hit.

Tiffany just had to admit it was time to move on and let the rookies have their moment.


And that's it for this chapter. I'd say around.... fourteen or thirteen new characters were introduced. We don't have many left. I think there's eight characters who have yet to be formally introduced, and boy am I excited to introduce those characters. I'm in class so I can't double check for mistakes, but I'll do it later. Anyways, until next time!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 ~Jackie