Excuses

Unrequited Love; Breaking the Chain

"Okay, we have Jungkook, Yoona, Sunggyu, IU, and... Where's Suzy?" Hani asked as she checked off her list of idols but noticed one was missing.

"Suzy has just arrived," Soohyun said as he walked over to Hani and she nodded.

"Okay, bring her over here with the rest of the guests," Hani said and Soohyun rushed off.

He went over and found Suzy with her Manger as they talked about something. "Uh, excuse me, but we're about to start filming..."

Suzy nodded with a smile that he ended up staring at for too long. "Okay, so are you going to take me over there?" Suzy asked and Soohyun nodded as he kept staring at her beauty. He had never understood why she was considered the nations first love, but he now knew seeing it up close.

"Let's go," he said and took her over to the other guests.

"There you are!" Hani exclaimed and made Suzy sit next to IU as she counted them off.

IU glanced at Suzy before she scoffed. "I didn't know you'd be here," Suzy said.

"If I had known you'd be here I'd have canceled," IU said said as she rolled her eyes.

"It's not too late," Suzy said facing forward.

"My fans already know I'm here. You?" IU asked.

"Same."

IU and Suzy had both been in the industry since they were kids, a long time ago. Of course, being the nation's little sister, and the nation's first love, the two were often put against each other and rivaled up. Many fans actually thought they were friends though, but IU and Suzy hated each other.

"I heard you took my CF offer," IU said and Suzy smiled.

"Yeah, just when you were about to accept, my manager received a call and it was an offer we couldn't refuse," Suzy said making IU scoff.

"And who said I was going to accept?" IU asked.

"Noona," Jungkook came out of nowhere making IU mentally facepalm.

Suzy looked up at Jungkook and then at IU. "Who's the kid?"

IU closed her eyes for a moment as she took a deep breath. "He's a rookie at my company."

"I'm technically not a rookie anymore. I'm from BTS, surely you've heard of me," Jungkook said as he bowed to Suzy, his senior. "I'm a big fan."

Suzy smiled at Jungkook sweetly and he returned the smile. "Well, I've heard a lot about the group BTS. I enjoyed I Need U quite a lot," Suzy said making IU frown.

"Stay away from her," IU said as she pulled him down to her other side, away from Suzy.

Jungkook looked at IU in awe, feeling like she had gotten jealous and claimed him as hers. "Noon-"

"Don't take it the wrong way. I just don't want anyone from our company associating with her," IU said returning to her cold self, making Jungkook and Suzy frown.

"Okay, so you guys will be filming the Christmas special, you know that, right?" Hani asked and everyone nodded. Hani went on further to explain what would happen in the episode and what they'd be doing.

"Okay now let's go," Hani said as Soohyun came to take them to another place.

Sunggyu walked behind everyone and Hani went over to his side. She looked up at him and he looked down at her before he shook his head and looked straight. "Don't look at me that way."

"Myungsoo's been worried about you," Hani said.

Sunggyu wanted to ignore her, but knowing Hani, he knew he wouldn't be able to. Hani had become friends with Myungsoo back when she first started working at Running Man since they'd met at the company. And after that she met Sunggyu and found out he was friends with Myungsoo.

After that she got to know more about their past and so on. Now Sunggyu had been distant, and it was killing Myungsoo in the inside.

"He sure doesn't show it," Sunggyu said.

"That's not his style," Hani said making Sunggyu scoff. "It's staring to worry me too. Is there something that's making you like this? Baby Soul says she can feel something going on with you."

"She's always believed that."

"Yeah, but I'm not sure whether I should trust you anymore. And Myungsoo feels the same way," Hani said making Sunggyu come to a halt.

"Hani, you know Myungsoo is like a bother to me, right?" Sunggyu asked seriously as he looked at her directly. Hani slowly nodded. "If I'm keeping a distance, there's a reason. Trust me."

Hani nodded knowing he meant it. She knew how close Myungsoo and Sunggyu were. Sunggyu wasn't the type to just go ahead and risk it.

"I do," Hani said. "I'm just worried."

Sunggyu nodded not knowing what to tell her and was thankful when she spoke before he could.

"When was the last time you talked to Eunji?" Hani asked.

Sunggyu didn't say anything. He, himself, wasn't even sure of it. All he knew was that it had been long. Maybe too long. And it hurt him.

Hani saw the look on his face and didn't question any further. She knew how close Eunji and Sunggyu were. Almost as close as Sunggyu and Myungsoo. And if Sunggyu hadn't talked to Myungsoo and Eunji for a while, she shouldn't question anything.

~~

 Baekhyun took a deep breath before he finally walked up to Taeyeon and tapped her shoulder. She turned around and seemed confused that he was there.

"Hey, Taeyeon, uhm... you see, since you have no one to spend Christmas with," Baekhyun started nervously, "We, EXO, were wondering if you wanted to spend it with us."

Taeyeon titled her head at Baekhyun confused.

"You see, we're all gathering with some others from the company on Christmas eve. It was our idea to do this, and so we wanted to know if you'd join," Baekhyun explained.

Taeyeon slowly nodded before she slightly smiled, making Baekhyun's face suddenly drop and his body freeze. "Sure. Here's my number," She said as she grabbed a piece of paper and pen from her bag and scribbled down her number. "So you can text me the details later."

Baekhyun slowly nodded as he took the paper with much hesitation. "I-I will."

Taeyeon nodded and turned to walk over to the practice room, before someone called her and Baekhyun. Taeyeon turned around and saw her boss walking over to them.

"I want to present you two to our new worker," Her boss said. "He's in the practice room with other trainers and groups."

~~

Youngji stared at the snow outside. The way the snow just came down, falling slowly through her eyes. It was a beautiful, yet sad, sight.

"Are you going to go home?" Eric asked as he came to her side. Youngj looked up at him and smiled. "I want to, but I need to earn money so I can buy my family presents."

Eric nodded understandingly. "Well, I'm going to go upstairs. If you need me just text me. Oh and tell Ailee that too."

Youngji nodded and watched as Eric walked away. She looked over to Ailee who was attending a customer. Ailee then walked over to Youngji and smiled.

"So, you come from America?" Youngji asked and Ailee nodded.

"Ah, I see. You can sing?" Youngji asked.

"Yeah, that's the reason I came," Ailee said with a smile.

"That's awesome! Would you mind singing for us on Christams? Every year on Christams eve we have performers sing, including Seohyun, for those people who have no one to spend Christams with."

Ailee's face lit up at that. "That's great! It really suits me too."

 "Great, I'll put you down for the performers list."

~~

 Seohyun wasn't sure how she made it home, but she did. She was all tired and felt like spaghetti, but she made it. She unlocked the door and walked inside, taking her shoes off at the doorstep.

Seohyun was tired, and barely even glanced up, but when she did, she was shocked. The whole house was decorated for Christams. The tree was up, and beautifully decorated, including the bright shining star at the top.

It took a couple of seconds worth of shock and awe for Seohyun to come back to her senses. "You did this?" She asked Yonghwa who was resting on the couch, watching tv.

"Yeah, why? You don't like it?" Yonghwa asked as he sat up.

Seohyun shook her head as she still looked all over the Christmas tree. Oh so beautifully decorated with decorations she hadn't seen in ages. "No it's just, we haven't decorated the place in a long time, so... you know. It's weird."

"Is it a good weird?" Yonghwa asked confused. Seohyun looked at him and smiled. "Yes."

~~

"This year, Christmas is going to be a lonely one, isn't it?" Hoya asked himself as he sat on top of the SBS stairs outside, in the cold, with a bottle of Soju.

"Don't you have a family?" Someone asked as they took a seat next to him. Hoya turned around and saw that Baby Soul kid next to him, looking out into the open.

Hoya titled his head as he stared at her. He wondered how many times they had talked and she already talked to him as if she knew him. "My family is back in Busan. I came over to Seoul all by myself," Hoya said simply before taking a sip from his bottle of Soju.

Baby Soul nodded understandingly. "Why did you come to Seoul?" She asked.

Hoya pursed his lips as he thought about it deeply. "Well, I have a dream. Doesn't everyone?"

Baby Soul nodded. "What kind of dream?"

"Dancing," Hoya said without having to think about it.

Baby Soul turned to him confused and raised an eyebrow. "Really? Your dream is dancing?"

"It's my passion," Hoya said.

Baby Soul nodded and didn't question further. She felt like she understood what he was saying. "So, why don't you come over to this coffee shop for Christmas?"

It was Hoya's turn to look at Baby Soul oddly and raise an eyebrow at her. "Really? A coffee shop?"

"Yes, my friend Hani introduced it to me a while back. Nice people work there, it's quite a homey place, and apperantly they have this thing every Christams eve for lonely people."

Hoya thought about it and smiled. "Okay, I'll show up if you do. Give me your number."

"What? Why?" She asked confused.

"So you can tell me where it is and etcetera later on," Hoya said and Baby Soul did as told.

"Here," She said and he gladly took it. He stood up feeling refreshed and let out a deep breath. "See you then."

"What an odd guy," Baby Soul whispered to herself as she watched him walk away.

~~

 "Lee Jaehwan," he said with a smile as he looked around the room. "But call me Ken."

EXO introduced themselves, followed by Red Velvet, then Henry, and finally the workers including Taeyeon.

"He's the new song lyric writer and composer here, so you can expect to see a lot from him. Especially EXO, since he'll be writing most of the songs in your future albums."

Baekhyun scanned Ken up and down, seeing how Taeyeon had stared at him from the moment he walked in. "How old are you?" He asked shamelessly.

"Twenty-three," Ken answered with that same smile as he started to scan Baekhyun.

"We're the same age," Baekhyun mumbled, taking notice of how Ken had this more mature look while Baekhyun, well, looked like a baby. "You say you studied in America?"

Suho nudged Baekhyun making him shut his mouth, yet he still anticipated Ken's answer. "Yes, I studied there starting from when I was eighteen and graduated a few months ago."

Baekhyun nodded, not saying anything, knowing that if he opened his mouth Suho would probably get D.O. to beat him later on. And that short guy was quite scary.

"I look foward to working with you," Baekhyun finally said and Ken simply smiled.

~~

"Yo, loud mouth!" Yein turned around in shock at the sudden yell from Myungsoo. She pointed at herself seeing how he kept looking at her. "Are you talking to me?" She asked.

Myungsoo nodded and walked over to her. "What are you doing Christams eve?" He asked.

Yein bit her bottom lip as she thought about it and then shrugged. "I'm probably going to spend it with my brother. If he isn't busy like always..."

Myungsoo nodded as he kept his hands in his pockets. "All right. Well, if you have nothing to do you can go to this place," he said as he handed her a card.

Yein took it and stared at it for a while before she looked up at him. "You're going to go there?"

Myungsoo scoffed and poked her forehead. "Don't go around thinking it would only be you and I. Leo and Taecyeon are going too, as well as some other workers in the building."

Yein frowned at Myungsoo's words. It wasn't like she was thinking that. She just didn't understand why he was inviting her. He hadn't exactly been very nice to her since she'd arrived.

"Anyways, walk with me and pretend to be talking to me," Myungsoo said as he started walking.

"What? Why?" Yein asked as she started following along.

"Don't try and look around for the person, but there's someone watching us," Myungsoo answered casually and Yein suddenly felt the urge to look around to see who was watching them. "I said don't look," he said as he poked her forehead. 

~~

 "I swear, he was glaring at me!" Ken complained as Hongbin watched him walk back and forth. "And I don't even know what I did wrong. But you know what I did?"

Hongbin kept watching Ken with an annoyed expression and mumbled, "What?"

"I kept my cool, because that's how I am! I think I got to him. Haha good thing I studied in America. That's what really got him. You should have seen his face! It was like I was watching a mad baby and-" Ken stopped himself when he noticed the look on Hongbin's face.

"What's wrong?" Ken asked as he slid over next to Hongbin on the couch.

Hongbin took a deep breath before he turned to Ken. "Why didn't you ever talk to Hani after graduation?"

Ken simply blinked at Hongbin for a few seconds before he went, "ahh..." And leaned back on the couch. "That..."

Hongbin raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I lost her number, and I didn't have much energy to ask you for it, and eventually I just forgot and I-"

"Bull," Hongbin interrupted him making Ken pout. "Fine fine fine, I wanted to impress her. Which reminds me, can you tell me where she works?"

Hongbin raised an eyebrow at his friend. Impress Hani? No way, was Ken really thinking in those ways? "Did you think you would be able to change and impress her? I won't tell you her imformation. You can figure that out on your own."

Hongbin stood up and started walking to his room, making Ken stare wide-eyed in shock. "No, b-but... dang it."

 Hongbin who was inside his room chuckled making Ken frown. "Does Leo still work at Inkigayo?!" Ken called out. "I'm gonna go see him!"

Hongbin yelled an okay and heard Ken get his things from the living room. That's when Hongbin realized something. Leo wasn't the only person working at the SBS building that day.

~~

 "And that was it for the Christmas special," Hani mumbled to herself as the final shooting ended. She walked up to Sunggyu who seemed tired and worn out. "Are you going to accept my invitation?"

Sunggyu looked down at Hani and shook his head. "I have things to do Christmas eve. Besides, I know you invited the others."

Hani pouted at this. She didn't understand what things Sunggyu would be doing on Christmas eve when he could spend it with his closest friends.

"I'm leaving," Sunggyu said and walked away, leaving Hani there.

"Noona, are you sure you don't want to go to the company's Christmas party?" Jungkook asked IU as she kept trying to walk away from him.

Hani smiled at the sight of the two. It was a well known thing among the SBS workers that Jungkook had a thing for IU and always followed her around. Hani had just never seen it herself before. She had only heard it from Baby Soul and Myungsoo.

 "Jungkook, I don't want to go," IU said carelessly. "I'm going to stay home with my parents that day."

Jungkook nodded as he silently trailed behind her.

Hani shook her head and decided to walk over to the coffee shop. As she made her way down she noticed Krystal, the heir to SBS, standing at the top watching down at something. What surprised Hani was that she was without Eunji, her assistant, meaning she wasn't there for business.

Hani slowly walked over casually and looked in the direction that Krystal had been looking over to. Hani tilted her head in confusion seeing that Krystal had been staring at Myungsoo and Yein as they talked.

"Why?" Hani asked herself a little too loud, making Krystal snap her head around.

Krystal looked at Hani and then back at Myungsoo and Yein. She seemed flustered, making Hani even more confused. Krystal was always someone proper with a cold look and it was nearly impossible to catch her off guard. But it seemed like Hani just did.

Krystal bowed and walked away, leaving Hani shocked. "What just happened?" Hani whispered. "Oh my gosh, Krystal just let me off like that and was caught off guard too!" She kept whispering.

Hani looked over at Myungsoo and that new intern, Yein. "But why was Krystal staring at Myungsoo and that new intern with that face?"

Hani for a moment came up with an answer that made her immediately shake her head at how ridiculous it was. Instead, Hani decided to walk over to Myungsoo and Yein to say hello. "Myungsoo!"

Myungsoo and Yein immediately turned around and Myungsoo smiled at Hani. "What's up?" He asked as she approached them.

"Nothing much," Hani answered with a shurg. "Is this Yein, the new intern?" Hani said as she looked at Yein with a smile.

Yein nodded and smiled. "Yup!"

"That's nice. Anyways, you were right. Jungkook really does have a thing for IU," Hani said to Myungsoo and he nodded.

"Oh my gosh, so I'm not the only one that noticed that?!" Yein asked in awe that someone actually understood her and she was really seeing things from Jungkook towards IU.

"Yes! He's so cute chasing after her," Hani laughed as if Jungkook was a baby.

"To me he just seems desperate," Yein mumbled.

"To me be just seems like a Boy in Luv," Myungsoo said with a sigh. "It's not easy."

Yein felt her phone vibrating and immediately started to dig for it around her bag. She took it out and answered with a bright, "Hello?"

Hani and Myungsoo watched how Yein's face dropped instantly and she slowly nodded. "What do you mean he's gone?" She asked and Myungsoo and Hani looked at each other.

"Okay I'll be there in a moment," Yein said before she hung up. She looked at Hani and Myungsoo and smiled. "Sorry, I have to go. Something came up. I'll make sure to go to the coffee shop if I can."

Myungsoo nodded and then Yein rushed off without any other words. "I wonder what's up with her," Myungsoo said as he watched her rush off.

"Anyways, earlier Krystal was staring at you and Yein," Hani said immediately changing the subject. "What did you do?"

Myungsoo shrugged as he chuckled. "I'm not to sure about that myself this time. All I know is she won't leave me alone now. I think she's still watching me."

Hani slowly turned around and from the corner of her eye she actually saw someone standing there. "Well, I feel awkward now, so I'm going to go."

Myungsoo nodded and they said their goodbyes. Hani let out a huff as she started walking away, to go get her coffee. As she walked her eyes landed on Baby Soul

"Hey!" Hani  yelled out and Baby Soul turned around. Hani smiled and headed over to Baby Soul so they could go get coffee together.

As Hani made her way to Baby Soul she bumped into a guy and came to a halt. She turned around and bowed to say sorry, but then it hit her. She slowly looked up and stood up straigh. "Ken?"

Ken tilted his head and looked at her. He scrunched his eyebrows as he studied her. "Wow," he mumbled as a smile appeared on his face.

"Ken!" She yelled happily and ran to him to hug him. He hugged her back and they stayed like that for a couple of seconds before she pulled away and furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Ken, where have you been, and why haven't you ever contacted me?" Hani asked.

Leo who was watching from the second floor shook his head at the two. "Oh gosh, these two are back together again. Who knows what will happen now."


 And that's it for this chapter! Haha I hope everyone enjoyed and had some good holidays. I couldn't put this chapter up for a while since I got busy, but here it is now! Really delayed.

 

 

 

 

~Jackie