Back

Unrequited Love; Breaking the Chain

Sojin practiced her lines right before going up on stage. She was quite nervous, as she always was before going on stage, despite how confident she always seemed.

"Girl's Day is up," Someone said and Sojin turned around to see a PD that resembled a lion with his serious face.

"Excuse me," Sojin as she approached the guy. She looked at the name tag and said, "Can you get me some water?"

Leo nodded and went over to bring her water. He came back and handed it to her, not saying anything. She grabbed it and smiled at him as she thanked him.

Sojin opened up the water bottle and took a sip, being too dry and her stomach feeling sick.

"It's time to go up," the same guy said and Sojin nodded as she walked over to her members, him following behind.

"Let's go," Hyeri said and Sojin nodded, putting on a smile.

Being the leader of a top girl group was quite tough. Especially when she herself was never quite confident and was too nice, having let too many people take advantage of her. "Let's do this."

But she had to put on a face for her fans and members.

~~

 Hani sighed as she watched the new PD, Kim Soohyun, set up the table with snacks. She watched as he accidentally spilled some things here and there, and let out a deep sigh.

"Hani," the guy called her, snapping her out of her thoughts. Hani looked up and stared at the Kim Soohyun guy. "Yes?"

"Can you help me out?" He asked.

It was about time he had asked someone for help. He was messing things up and Hani couldn't stand it. It wasn't as if her job wasn't already hard enough, but now having this rookie on her team really made things harder.

Soohyun had wanted to enter the building for the longest time. All because his first love worked in the building. He pretty rmuch regretted following his first love there. It was obvious Hani and the others didn't want him, and all he knew was how to mess up things.

Kim Soohyun was never one to be rude or selfish. He was never one to talk back to others. He had morals and manners that he liked to follow. He was quite tall and good looking too, except that he ruined everything about himself with his stupid and dorky personality.

No one could look past his accidents  and mistakes and see how kind and generous he was and that he was indeed tall and handsome.

"There," Hani said as she finished helping him. "I think PD wanted to you to go help him set up the games for today once you were done."

Soohyun nodded and walked off, leaving Hani alone.

"Where did I go wrong with my life?" She asked herself as she sat down on the cold hard floor. Nothing in her life had gone as planned.

Hani graduated college alright, but when she went back to Korea she wasn't able to publish her first book and ended up without money, and here she was. She wasn't able to see her family much and had never met up with her best friend Ken.

Hani wondered whatever happened to Ken. That dorky guy with the glasses, long hair, and weird personality. She had never seen him after she left to America, and she was never able to somehow call or text him since she lost all her previous contacts when she got her new phone that broke weeks later due to her bad luck.

She wondered if he made it. If he was happily living, making music, writing songs.

Maybe.

"Hani!" Hani turned and saw the one and only, Wang Jackson. She sighed as she regretted working that day. She didn't have time to deal with Jackson 

 "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm a guest today. Treat me right," he said as a grin appeared on his face.

Wang Jackson, the main rapper of JYP's famous boy group Got7. He was a currently rising star in music and variety, because boy was that guy funny.

Hani pushed him away from her as she sighed. "Why? Why do I have to deal with you and your stupidity?"

Jackson and Hani had met a couple months ago when he was a guest on the show and they pretty much kept in contact after that. Especially since Hani knew Amber who knew Jackson.

"Aw come on, you love me," Jackson said.

Hani rolled her eyes and started walking away. "You know you enjoy my presence!" She heard him call out.

It was actually quite true. Hani did enjoy Jackson's presence. And he was quite funny. But there were just days when she was tired, and she couldn't deal with anyone.

"So, how's Henry doing these days?" Hani asked as Jackson walked beside her.

"I don't really know, haven't you seen him at the coffee shop that you and Amber always go to?" Jackson asked.

Hani shook her head. "Nope. I don't think he's gone there for a month now."

"Maybe he got in a fight with Eric," Jackson said, knowing things like that could happen with someone like Henry who could be a bit misunderstanding and ignorant at times.

"Or maybe he's just sleeping around with girls," Hani scoffed knowing Henry and his ways. She would never understand how Amber, Jackson, and Eric could handle him and his ways. Then again, she did too.

"Nah, hyung isn't like that these days. I think he's changing," Jackson said.

Hani scoffed as she mumbled, "As if."

~~

 Henry woke up to the sun shining bright on his face. He shifted in his spot a bit before he felt a body next to him. "Damn it."

Henry got off the bed and walked over to the restroom to take a shower. When he came out all dressed he noticed the girl he had been with left. Looked like she knew it was only meant to be for one night.

Henry towel dried his hair as he walked over to his phone on the nightstand. He turned it on and the first thing he saw were the messages from his manager. The second thing he saw was the time.

"Oh no," he mumbled as he quickly got ready and gathered his things. "I'm running so late, I might as well die."

Henry ran out of the building and got on to his car. He started driving as he thought about things. He had to be at the Running Man filming site by two, and it was one thirty. He wondered why Amber hadn't come personally to wake him up.

Then again, Amber was busy these days, and she was probably mad at Henry. And she also probably knew that he was with some girl.

Henry let out a deep sigh as he thought about it. These days he was going downhill and he knew it. His friends knew it. The company knew it.

Yet he didn't stop himself.

Amber had snapped at him a while back because of the so called mistakes he was making. After that Henry cut off contact with Jackson and stopped going to the coffee shop in fear he'd bump into Amber.

Henry's phone started ringing and he answered as he tried to keep his eyes on the road. "Huh? Yeah, I'm on my way. Wait, who?"

Henry almost pressed the breaks when he heard the names of the other guests. This was what fate had brought upon him.

~~

 Sunggyu finished performing his latest hit, Kontrol, and walked off the stage. Immediately he was greeted by his crew who started pampering him. He shooed them away, not wanting to deal with anyone.

"You did good," Leo said as he walked up to Sunggyu. The later simply shrugged.

"Aren't I always good?" Sunggyu said, sounding quite cocky.

Leo rolled his eyes at the conceited idol and said, "Will you ever stop that attitude? It's people like you that make Taecyeon hate idols."

"But he likes me," Sunggyu answered, feeling self-confident.

A scoff was heard from behind and the two guys turned around to see Myungsoo standing there. He walked up to the guys and told Sunggyu, "I wouldn't be too sure about that."

Sunggyu scrunched his eyebrows and asked, "You still work here?" He then scoffed and proceeded to say, "I would've thought you'd have gotten fired by now. Do you even work?"

Leo shook his head as he let out a sigh. "I can't fire him."

Myungsoo shrugged with a smug smile. "What can I say? People here love me."

"Quite the opposite, actually," Taecyeon said as he appeared out of nowhere, making the three guys look around confused as to where he came from

"Where do you guys keep coming from?" Sunggyu mumbled as he looked around.

Leo facepalmed at the idiot. "We work here."

Sunggyu shurgged and kept walking. "I'll talk to you guys later."

"Lies," Myungsoo mumbled as the three PD'S watched Sunggyu walk away. Myungsoo then turned to face Taecyeon and Leo.

"His self-confidence never fails to amuse me," Taecyeon said as he kept his eyes on the direction Sunggyu had gone to.

Myungsoo shrugged. "Knowing him for as long as I have, well, it gets tiring."

Leo shook his head before he looked at Taecyeon and Myungsoo, "You two, get to work."

The two guys looked at each other and sighed before they went off to work.

As Myungsoo walked over to the closet where he took his daily naps he thought of Sunggyu. He seemed more tired and stressed these days, he almost didn't blame him for not keeping in contact with Myungsoo. Almost.

Myungsoo and Sunggyu had known each other since a young age and practically grew up together. After Sunggyu became famous, well, he changed quite a bit. His conceited self only grew insanely and Sunggyu slowly lost his usual mannered self. Sunggyu still had his manners and dignity there, but it was vague.

Myungsoo and Sunggyu stopped talking after a while, who knows why. Only Sunggyu would know, since he was the one who cut off all contact. Myungsoo doubted Sunggyu would contact him after this. He wondered what was going on these days that had Sunggyu going crazy.

~~

 "What?!" Seohyun screamed before Yonghwa covered and shushed her.

After Seohyun had bumped into the famous idol he asked her to take them somehwere where they could talk and now they were currently at the back of the coffee shop where no one could see them through the walls.

"I need you to let me stay at your house for a while," he repeated making Seohyun feel like all she knew to be real was fake.

Jung Yonghwa, the famous idol, was asking Seohyun to be able to stay at her house for a while? Nope. This was definitely another one of her dreams.

"I don't know anyone else that would take me in, I can't go with my parents because the media and company will go there to look for me. I have no friends."

Seohyun felt like this was definitely a dream, but in dreams she could control how things went and right now she was surely not in control of what was going on.

"And what makes you think that I won't tell the media?" She asked.

Yonghwa shrugged. "I don't know that. But I feel like you're not that type of person."

Seohyun shook her head as she started to turn around. "No, no, no, I just can't. And it's not like I'm living a quite stable life or-"

"I'll pay you," he said making Seohyun stop.

She turned back around and raises an eyebrow. "What?"

"I'll pay you. I'll earn money some way and pay you for letting me stay at your house. I just need somewhere to sleep. I must be quite desperate if I'm asking for this."

Seohyun looked at Yonghwa's pleading eyes. She started to think about it more and slowly nodded. It wasn't like she was going to hide someone who had escaped from jail or anything. And she would get paid. She really did need the money too, especially since her sister left.

"I guess... A new spot just opened up at my house, so..." Seohyun sort of mumbled as she seemed to talk more to herself than Yonghwa. "Sure."

Yonghwa looked at her with gratitude, "Thank you so much."

"Just one thing," She said making him raise his eyebrows. "What are you running away from? And why?"

Yonghwa stopped and swallowed his saliva. For a while he had been feeling the need to escape the idol life and take a break. Since a while ago, his company was giving him less and less freedom, and he couldn't handle it. The things going on in his life made him feel like he would pass out any day from the stress and worry.

"I just need a break," He said.

The bell dinged, indicating there was a new customer and Seohyun immediately went out the door to the front of the coffee shop to attend the customer.

A tall guy who had a guitar in it's case swung over his shoulder was standing there looking around. He had messy hair and his clothes that looked like they belonged to a hobo. Overall, it seemed like he went for the rocker look.

The guy stopped looking around when he noticed Seohyun and smiled at her as he took a seat at the bar and said, "Sup, I'm Jinwoon, future rocker."

Seohyun didn't know what to say so she kindly smiled as she tried not to stare at him weirdly. "So what would you like to order?"

"I don't have any money," he said simply, making her tilt her head. "I just came in here to keep warm."

Seohyun stared at him not knowing what to say. Could this day get any weirder?

"Don't you have a house for that?" She asked him.

He shrugged and said, "I think my personal matters are mine."

Seohyun let out a sigh and nodded. "Well, if you really don't have money and are so freezing cold that you had to come in here, I guess I could buy you something?"

Jinwoon's eyes lit up with delight and he clapped them together as he said, "That'd be great! I'll take some hot chocolate."

Seohyun nodded and went to back to get his order, where she found Yonghwa sitting on the floor, playing on his phone. He looked up at her and said, "So, when are we going to your house?"

"Once my shift is over," She said and he nodded. "In two hours."

"That's too long," Yonghwa said and Seohyun sighed.

In the front Jinwoon just sat there looking around. This coffee shop was quite impressive and he really liked the feel of it. He could see himself going there often to write music in the near future.

Music was his passion, as he always said. That's why he left home, as he always said. But he was seriously going nowhere. A couple of things here and there made him end up homeless and without a single cent. And yet, he still refused to go back home.

"Here's your drink," Seohyun said as she came back and set down his drink.

"You know, I like you," he said as he took a hold of the hot chocolate.  "You're quite nice."

Seohyun smiled a little at that. She was actually quite nice indeed. Maybe a little too nice.

~~

 Hongbin closed his eyes as he felt makeup being applied on him. He felt himself falling asleep, being tired from his schedules in the past few days, but then woke up when someone called him.

"Hongbin."

Hongbin opened his eyes and saw the director standing next to him. "Yes?" He asked.

"We would like you to meet your partner for this project, Jiyeon of T-ara," The director said and soon a girl who seemed to be around his age came up and smiled at him.

"Hello, Hongbin, it's going to be nice working with you," She said as she bowed and smiled at him.

Hongbin nodded and said, "Thank you, it's going to be an honor working with you too."

Hongbin had often heard of Jiyeon before and her insane beauty. He never really knew much of her so he didn't really know of it was true. Now he was able to see that it was quite true. The girl was one of the most beautiful girls he had ever laid his eyes on. And working with many idols and models before, that said something.

"You two are the new endorsers for the brand, so you can expect to see each other a lot from now on," the director said before taking Jiyeon to get her makeup done.

Hongbin, being a top model, often worked with idols and models. None of them ever left an impression on him but this time he could sense something with Jiyeon.

He then remembered her scandal with her group. That nasty scandal of T-ara bullying their ex-member. Jiyeon included. That was why he had never bothered searching them up before. 

Seeing Jiyeon now, he wondered if those rummors were actually true. Even thought he'd just met her, she seemed kind and generous. Then again, if there was one thing he'd learned throughout the years, it was to not judge people too easily.

Hongbin walked over to the director and stopped when he heard a conversation between Jiyeon and her manager.

"When am I going to get more work? This is the first thing I've gotten in a while," Jiyeon said with a sigh.

"You know how hard it was to even get you this schedule? No one wants you or the members anymore because of that scandal," her manager said with a stern voice.

Jiyeon slowly nodded as she thought of that stupid scandal that ruined her and the members lifes. If only things hadn't turned out the way they did, she'd still be at the top.

That stupid scandal that she mentally cursed at for her misfortune and misery. Not like some of the scandal wasn't true, but she wasn't a bad person, she told heherself.

"Let's get this shooting going," the director called and soon enough Hongbin and Jiyeon started the photoshoot.

The photoshoot lasted hours and consisted of Hongbin and Jiyeon trying different clothes, posing, individual shots, and so on. By the end Hongbin felt so tired and he wanted to go home. Not like home was all that great, but it was the only thing he had.

Being a top model, Hongbin was often too busy to make friends, or he was only approached by people because of his looks. It was quite a lonely life Hongbin lived, having not many people around. His best friend had also been in America for a while and never kept in contact.

"That kid. I wonder what he's up to," Hongbin said, despite the fact that that 'kid' was actually older than him.

Suddenly Hongbin felt his phone vibrating as he stepped out of the building. He took his phone out and smiled once he read the contact name.

"I was just thinking about you," Hongbin said as he answered.

"Ew, you sound like my boyfriend," the other voice spoke disgusted. Hongbin rolled his eyes. "Come pick me up at the airport."

Hongbin's eyes widened at that one sentence. "You're here?! In Korea?!"

"Yes, now hurry up. It's cold."

And with that he hung up. Hongbin stared at his phone, wondering if he was playing some kind of prank. He let out a deep sigh as he couldn't help but contain his smile and head over to his car.

 ~~

 Hongbin walked into the airport and the first thing he saw was his best friend sitting on a chair, waiting for him, wearing sunglasses and a long black coat.

He looked cool, but Hongbin knew his best friend.

"Lee Jaehwan!" Hongbin yelled out and Ken looked up at the sound of his real name.

Ken spotted Hongbin walking over to him and smiled. "My bean!"

Hongbin stopped walking over to Ken as his face dropped. "I told you not to say that anymore."

Ken simply shrugged as he couldn't contain his smile. "Just help me carry my things to your car."

"So why did you come back?" Hongbin asked as the two started to head out. Ken removed his sunglasses and smiled as he said, "I missed it over here. I finished my studies over there. I though maybe if I came back something interesting could happen."

Hongbin smiled with a slight shrug. "Maybe something good could actually happen, but things are boring lately."

"That's because I haven't been around. But now that I'm here, get ready to see things change," Ken said cockily. "This adventure is just about to start."


So, my favorite character Ken has arrived!!! And I'm so not biased because he's my bias in VIXX, my second group after Infinite. He really is a cool character, which will be seen later.

Now all characters have been introduced and we will focus on everyone's individual life's that all somehow connect.

Until next time!

 

 

 

 

~Jackie

 Oh and just to clarify, when it comes to the T-ara scandal I'm not on anyone's side. I believe that maybe the members didn't like Hwayoung for their own reasons and may have mistreated her. But I also don't believe she was all too innocent. Either way, if they did bully her that is completely wrong, but it would also be wrong if Hwayoung just played innocent when she wasn't.