To Understand Idols

Unrequited Love; Breaking the Chain

Hongbin stared at Ken oddly, watching him drink his hot chocolate. Ken set down the hot chocolate after he was done, ignoring the look Hognbin was giving him.

"What's the real reason you're here?" Hongbin asked suspiciously of Ken's true motives for coming back.

The later simply shrugged and looked around, scanning Hongbin's house. "So this is what working as a model earns you? Wow, I should have taken up that job."

Hongbin shooked his head. "Jaehwan"

"Alright alright, I got a job offer," Ken said not liking how Hongbin called him by his name with that tone and look. He seriously wondered who was older between the two.

Hongbin looked shocked. "Where?"

Ken simply smiled as he brought his cup to his lips. "SM entertainment."

Hongbin's eyes widened in shock as his mouth dropped. "As what?!"

"Not an idol, if that's what you're thinking, I've grown too old to even train for that, but as a lyric writer and composer," Ken said as he set his cup back down.

Hongbin raised an eyebrow as he leaned back in his seat. "That doesn't suit you. Can you even do the SM style?"

Ken shrugged. "Maybe I can adjust to SM. And if I can't, they can adjust to me. They were the ones who asked for me anyways."

Hongbin shook his head. "I worry for you."

~~

Eric took Ailee home, which was actually right above the coffee shop. At the back of the coffee shop there was a door that lead to some stairs. You went up those stairs, and there was a nice home where he lived.

"You can take the room over there," Eric said as he pointed to the room at the other side. Ailee nodded as she looked around.

The little home was nice and cozy. It was neatly decorated and didn't look too expensive nor cheap. Christmas decorations were found here and there with a little tree at the other side.

"This is a nice place," Ailee said.

Eric nodded as he took her luggage to the empty room. "You can set up here, and then we can go so I can teach you what you're going to be doing at the coffee shop.

Ailee nodded with a smile. "Thank you for being so kind," She said as she entered her new room. "I promise I'll pay back everything with the job."

Eric nodded before he walked out. "No problem."

~~

Amber, Jackson, and Henry were all laying on the floor, breathing heavily as sweat trickled down their faces. Hani showed up, looking down at them. She handed them each a water bottle and took a seat next to them.

The three english speakers sat up and took giant gulps of water as Hani stared at them. "I guess working on the same team brought you two together again," She said as she looked at Henry and Amber.

Henry and Amber looked at each other and Amber rolled her eyes. "You're an idiot. Why did you go to the second floor when I told you to stay on the third floor?"

"I thought Jongkook was on the third floor," Henry whined making them all laugh.

"But he was on the second floor!" Amber yelled.

"Well how was I supposed to know that?"

"Of course you wouldn't know that. You were too focused on Jihyo,"Amber said.

The three had been guests on Running Man and coincidentally Amber and Henry both ended up on the same team with Gary.

"Whatever, next time I'm telling them to put me on a different team," Amber said making Henry smile.

"Aw, you know you love me," he cooed making Amber gag.

"Well, I'm glad I was on a team with Jongkook and Jaesuk," Jackson said, happy that his team won.

Hani let out a sigh. "Sometimes I wish I could join, but then it seems like such a pain."

"It's a pain if you end up in a group with the wrong people," Amber said as she side-glanced Henry.

"Jackson, it's time to go," Jackson's manager said as he approached them. Jackson sighed and he stood up.

"Let's meet up sometime, now that you two made up," Jackson said.

"Sure, we can meet at the Inspirit Coffee Shop, you've never been there, right?" Hani asked and Jackson shook his head.

"I'll text you the details later," Amber said and waved of Jackson.

"Well, I have places to attend to," Henry said and stood up, followed by Amber and Hani. "I'll see you girls later."

"I must go too," Amber said as her phone started ringing and left Hani alone.

"Lonely, I am so lonely~" Hani sang to herself as she walked over to the snack table they had set up for the cast. "I need to find myself someone."

~~

 Tiffany walked down the halls of Inkigayo as she made her way to her dressing room. All she wanted was to get her things, and leave. She wanted to go home.

But something made her come to a stop. Someone's voice.

"Stop being so judgmental," She heard a guy say. "You don't know what idols go through."

"I just can't help but to hate them," Another guy replied with obvious frustration.

Hearing this, Tiffany stepped back and peaked into the other hallway. She saw the two PD'S she recognized as Myungsoo and Taecyeon.

"They're just snobby, spoiled, and talentless half the time. The ones that should get recognition don't, and that leaves the spoiled rich brats with all the fame and popularity they earned through looks, which aren't even real and are plastic surgery."

Tiffany raised an eyebrow at Taecyeon's rant. It seemed like he knew so much of the industry, but he didn't.

"Taecyeon, who can you name? What idols come to mind?"

Taecyeon thought of many idols but the first one he mentioned ended up being the one that was listening. "Tiffany! She's so fake, one-hundred percent plastic, and people only think her voice sounds good because it's husky and 'powerful'."

Myungsoo shook his head at the shameless guy. He was getting second-hand embarrassment.

"Her voice is so flat and she screeches too much. Whenever she hits high notes she screeches, how did she become a solo artist?" Taecyeon didn't stop.

Myungsoo opened his mouth to say something, but he shut it when he noticed the girl who had been listening that whole time. A smirk appeared on his face and he patted Taecyeon's back. "And I thought my mouth was the one that got me in trouble."

Taecyeon turned around to see what Myungsoo talking about but immediately regretted it.

"You speak as if you know things quite well," Tiffany said with a scoff as she walked over to Taecyeon.

Myungsoo watched with an amused smile as he took a few steps back to get out of the way.

"Well, I just said what I've observed," Taecyeon said not wanting to take his words back due to his pride, although he was regretting everything.

"You have a loud mouth," Tiffany said. "Learn when to shut it up," She spat before she walked away bitterly.

Taecyeon laughed it off as he turned to look at Myungsoo. "She's just bitter cus I'm right, haha..."

Myungsoo who had his arms crossed shook his head with a flat face. "Don't even. You went too low with your hate for idols this time."

Taecyeon sighed as he closed his eyes. "I know."

~~

 Youngji sighed as she wiped the counter. It looked like such a nice day outside for the winter time, but she was stuck working inside. The only fun thing about that day, had been setting up the Christmas tree, but even that wasn't that exciting since she did it alone.

The bell suddenly dinged, letting her know there was a customer and she looked up in excitement. Hani came in and walked over to the counter.

"What's up?" Hani asked as she sat down.

"Hani, I don't think I've ever been so happy to see you," Youngji said, thankful someone would be there to keep her comapny.

Hani furrowed her eyebrows at that. "I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not."

"Take it however you want. So, what brings you here?" Youngji asked as she shifted all of her attention to Hani.

"I'm meeting up with a friend," Hani said.

Youngji cooed. "Is it a guy?"

Han flattened her eyes at the younger girl. "Yes, but he's a year younger than me, and we're only friends. Besides, I'm meeting up with him for the first time in years."

The girls heard the 'ding' and turned to the door, but much to their disappointment, it wasn't who Hani was waiting for.

"Whoo, I'm a rockstar!" The guy yelled as he walked in with a guitar and pretended to strum it.

Hani turned to Youngji with a weirded out look. "Who's that?" She whispered and Youngji shrugged. She certainly didn't recognize him as a regular.

"I'm Jinwoon, future rock artist. Where is my beautiful love from the last time?" He asked as he took a seat next to Hani.

"Who?" Youngji asked confused.

"That girl with the brown doe eyes and the pretty long hair," Jinwoon spoke as he stared of into nothing with admiration.

"Oh, you must be talking about Seohyun," Youngji said.

"Yes, her! Where is she, the beautiful young maiden?" Jinwoon asked.

Hani and Youngji exchanged looks before they looked back at the guy. "She's not here," Hani answered, hoping the weird guy would leave, but instead he took out a journal from his bag.

"Then I shall wait for her until dawn," Jinwoon said as he began to flip through pages and concentrate on whatever he was doing.

Youngji opened to say something but shut it and shook her head. This guy was obviously someone they should stay away from. She made a mental note to tell Seohyun that later on.

"Hello?" Someone asked as they went in and looked around.

Hani figured she must have been too busy with that Jinwoon guy she didn't even notice her long time friend come in.

"Hongbin!" She yelled with joy and tapped the seat next to her. "Come!"

Hongbin smiled that usual bright smile with the dimples and the cresent eyes that made girls fall for him. Except Hani.

Youngji turned to see Hongbin smile and walked over to the seat next to Hani. For a moment she felt herself not able to breathe, for he was gorgeous.

"Youngji, this is my friend Hongbin from high school," Hani presented. "Hongbin, this is my friend Youngji who works here."

Hongbin nodded and smiled at Youngji. "It's nice to meet you."

"Yeah, uh, welcome to the, uh... i...i..ins.. uh," Youngji said as she tired to snap out of her daze.

"Inspirit Coffee shop," Eric whispered in her ear as he passed by, heading over to the back.

"Yeah, welcome to the Inspirit Coffee Shop," Youngji said finally snapping out of her trance. She smiled at Hongbin and felt herself melt when he smiled back.

"He's a model," Hani seemed to brag about her friend.

Hongbin chuckled and shook his head. "Stop telling people that everytime we meet, which rarely happens these days."

"Is he the one that wore dorky glasses and had a nerd look an-"

"No, it's not him," Hani cut Youngji off. "I haven't seen that one in the longest time."

Hongbin looked at Hani confused and then at Youngji. "Who are you talking about? Ken?"

Hani looked st Hongbin and nodded. "Yeah, I haven't talked to or seen him in five years."

Hongbin held a look of confusion as he slowly nodded. "That's interesting."

"So, how's your life as a model going?" Hani asked.

Hongbin shrugged unsure of how he really felt about it. It earned him a lot of money, but he wondered if it was what he really wanted to do in life; Be seen for his looks.

"It's good, I guess, but it's all about looks."

Hani nodded understanding what he was saying. All through high school people only saw Hongbin's looks and nothing more. She knew he hated it.

"How are you with your job?" Hongbin asked and Hani for once didn't groan and complain.

"It's better than before. I'm liking the people, and the guests. Still not what I had wanted to do with life though."

Hongbin nodded with a smile. "Would you say you're happy with where you are now?"

Hani opened to answer, but she didn't really know what to answer. Was she happy? She thought she was fine, but was she happy?

"I don't know," She finally answered.

~~

 Jiyeon walked down with her usual cold, poker face. She saw the looks people gave her and heard the whispers, but she ignored them. If she let them affect her, people would talk. If she said something, people would talk. And even now, when she pretended to not see and hear, people would talk.

Everyone would always judge her for the rest of her life and that was something she was going to have to live with. Whether she liked it or not. People would forever and always call her fake.

As Jiyeon turned a corner she felt something under her foot and she tripped on it, but balanced herself before she could fall.

"What the hell?!" She let out as she looked down.

A person's leg. That's what she had tripped on.

Jiyeon looked at the person oddly before he stirred and sat up. He looked at her with squinted eyes and she scoffed in awe. The guy had been sleeping in the middle of the street.

"What are you doing in the middle of the street? Sleeping?" Jiyeon asked.

"I, Jinwoon the rockstar, can sleep wherever I want," he said as he stood up. "Of course, a pretty rich face like you wouldn't understand."

Jiyeon looked at him and scanned him up and down. He looked like he lived in the street. With those clothes, that hair, and just his face. She understood what he was saying. He actually did live in the streets. This was his home.

Seeing the way Jiyeon looked at him and scanned him, he decided to do the same. Her makeup seemed too much for just a regular person, starting from her winged eye liner, to her golden eye shadow. She wore a fancy fur coat that was sure to be real, and underneath that she wore a a shirt and a skirt.

"I see you're rich," Jinwoon said as a smirk formed on his face.

Jiyeon remained expressionless as she let out a breath. "I see you're poor."

"Our world's are too different, so I'll leave now. Fate wasn't supposed to let two people like us meet, so, goodbye," Jinwoon said barely above a whisper and grabbed his things, heading off.

Jiyeon tilted her head at the odd guy. What had surprised her most about him were his words. It was, intresting. The way he could speak.

"What a beggar," She said with a scoff and an unamused face. She looked down at her heels before she let out a huff and walked away.

~~

 Hoya spread his arms as he adjusted to his clothes. He was wearing a jumpsuit that was the janitor's uniform.  He tilted his hat so it covered his face. This action made him seem like one of those undercover guys in the Korean dramas.

"You're that guy from the other day."

Hoya jumped in shock and turned around to see that short girl from the other day. "Damn," he cursed under his breath. He had thought no one would recognize him like that. Not that he knew anyone or anything since he came from Busan.

"I'm Baby Soul," the short girl said as she stuck her hand out to him. Hoya looked at her and then at her extended hand. She looked at him, waiting, and he finally shook her hand.

"I'm Howo- Hoya."

Baby Soul smiled. "That's a nice name. You know, my real name is actually Soojung, but there are too many of those, so people call me Baby Soul. Anyways, nice to meet you, new co-worker from the same company."

Hoya nodded slightly, feeling awkward. No matter how he tried to make himself look tough and rebellious and how he acted, the truth was, he was just plain awkward.

Sudden screams were heard making Hoya sigh in relief. He turned around and saw Kim Sunggyu entering the building, leaving millions of fans and reporters outside.

Hoya turned to his side to see Baby Soul, only to find she had already rushed off to Kim Sunggyu.

Hoya scoffed. "Idols."

~~

"Well, you've changed."

Sunggyu turned around and saw Baby Soul, a news reporter he'd known ever since his debut in 2010. He scoffed at her, wondering when she would give up.

"Are you still trying to find something about me to report on?" Sunggyu asked.

Baby Soul simply nodded, her facial expressions not changing. "One day. I know there's something about you that's very scandalous."

"Well keep looking, because you won't find anything here. I suggest Yoona. She's coming here later for Running Man."

Baby Soul let out a sigh. There was something Sunggyu was hiding that could get him in trouble, and she knew it. She just had to find out what it was.

"And shouldn't you be working for Dispatch if you're going to be like this instead?" Sunggyu asked as they turned a hall.

"They wouldn't hire me..." She mumbled. "Anyways, I'll see you next time. I think from the shouts  of fans Yoona just arrived."

Baby Soul bowed and walked off to the front of the building where she'd be able to see Yoona. Sunggyu smiled wondering how she could always be so polite even though she was practically trying to ruin him.

~~

"Yoona, why did you and Seunggi break up?"

"Are the rummors true, was it all part of the company?"

"Wasn't it you who broke up with him instead of it being mututal?"

Yoona made her way through the reporters and fans and went to the SBS building. She let out a sigh once she went in and started walking down with her manager.

"They're not going to stop for a while," her manager told her as they went down to the Running Man filming site.

Yoona nodded slowly. "I know, but I just wished they would leave me alone. As if it wasn't already bad enough that Seunggi and I broke up on bad terms, but now they're chasing after me."

"That's how it'll always be as an idol," Her manager said. "All about looks, scandals, and gossip."

"I wish people could see more than that," Yoona mumbled as they turned a corner.

When Yoona and her manager turned the corner, her manager ended up bumping into someone else, making him drop his things.

"I'm so sorry," her manager apologized as the two guys her manager had bumped into started bending down to pick up their things.

Yoona noticed her manager didn't help, so instead she bent down and helped the two guys. When she bent down she recognized them as workers at Inkigayo. Myungsoo and Taecyeon.

Yoona smiled at them as she handed them the papers she'd picked up.

"Miss Yoona, it's nice seeing you again," Myungsoo said with a smirk once they'd stood up.

"You guys work at Inkigayo, right," She asked still holding that smile.

Taecyeon simply nodded as he scanned her face, wondering if she was being fake.

"Well, I wish you two luck, I have to go film Running Man, so bye for now," She said and smiled before leaving.

"You still think all idols are bad?" Myungsoo asked as he coked an eyebrow at Taecyeon.

Taecyeon stared at Yoona as she walked away. "I never said all," was all Taecyeon said, or mumbled, before he walked away bitterly.

Myungsoo smirked at his accomplishment to annoy Taecyeon. "One day you'll understand them."


 I just love how I made Taecyeon hate idols so much here. I don't know, but I love it. Anyways, that's it for this chapter, so thank you!

 

 

 

 

 ~Jackie