Heartwarming

Unrequited Love; Breaking the Chain

"What do you mean my brother went missing?" Yein asked the CEO of her brothers company. She looked over at her parents who were gaining a headache from all of this and then looked back at the CEO and manager with disbelief.

"He was going to have a photoshoot a couple of days ago and he went off on his own without the manager and then... he never showed up," The CEO explained.

"I don't understand how my son could have just disappeared like that." Yein's mom said through gritted teeth.

"We let it slide because Yonghwa is a grown adult, but he's been gone for too long and his sche-"

"Well maybe if you didn't give him so much crap to do he wouldn't have left just like that!" Yein said as she stood up, angered with everyone at the moment. "My brother is someone who will be hard-working and dedicated with what he loves, but you took advantage of that."

"Yein, sit back down and shut your mouth," her father said through gritted teeth.

"You guys aren't any help either! I told you how Yonghwa was suffering and you just shrugged it off as if he was a teenager going through harmones when that's actually me and he's a grown adult," Yein said as she turned towards her parents.

The frustration and anger was real. She was hating the feeling she was getting and felt like she'd end up exploding. So instead of doing something she'd regret, she walked out.

~~

 Hani looked at Ken with expectations and he scratched the back of his neck. "You see, I, well, I can't explain that."

"Why not?" She asked getting frustrated.

"One day. One day I'll tell you," Ken said and smiled. Hani opened to say something but Ken immediately interrupted her by yelling out, "Taekwoon!"

Ken ran over to Leo who was cooly making his way over, and completely left Hani. She let out a breath and turned to see Baby Soul who was confused. She signaled her over before she walked over to Ken who was hugging Leo tightly.

"Ken," Leo said as he tried to push Ken away. It wasn't until Hani poked Ken that he pulled away. "You almost suffocated him!"

Ken simply smiled and looked at Leo. "So, missed me?"

Leo let out a deep sigh as his face had no expression. "I think it was quieter and calmer without you here," he said making Ken pout.

"Please, with Myungsoo and Taecyeon it's still not quiet and calm," Baby Soul said as she approached them.

"Even so, no one is as loud as Ken," Leo said.

"Of course no one isn't. Anyways, Baby Soul, this is Ken, my best friend from high school," Hani happily introduced. "And Ken, this is Baby Soul who works at SBS as a news reporter and I've known for a year."

Ken nodded and smiled at Baby Soul. "It is my pleasure."

"Same goes for me," Baby Soul said before she turned to Hani. "Are you going to the coffee shop for Christmas?"

Hani immediately nodded and then turned to Ken, "You should come join us! The coffee shop is this wonderful place and I go there all the time. The workers are nice and the coffee is great. Plus, they have this Christmas event every year."

Ken nodded impressed and agreed to go. Hani smiled at her best friend, glad that she would finally have someone to trust in and talk to again. Not that she hadn't made many friends since she came back from America. But it was just different.

~~

Yonghwa pouted as he layed on the couch bored. He watched Seohyun go back and forth from her room to the kitchen to the dinning table to the restroom and so on.

"What are you going to do for Christmas?" He asked as he finally sat up and watched her.

Seohyun put down two plates on the dinning table and stopped. She turned around and looked at Yonghwa. "Would you like to go to the coffee shop with me?"

Yonghwa titled his head confused and shook his head. "I can't. Remember, people can't really see me."

Seohyun shrugged as she went back in the kitchen and said, "Well, everyone that goes is really nice and trustworthy. Besides, I don't think you'd be the only idol there."

 Yonghwa's face brightened and he asked, "What kind of coffee shop is it so that idols would go there?"

Seohyun smiled and said, "A magical one."

"Really?!" He asked stupidly.

"No," She replied flatly making him sit back and pout, making her chuckle. "But it's a really nice place where the owner is close to some idols, so we have some pass by a couple of times."

Yonghwa nodded slowly and said, "All right! Then we should go."

~~

 "Merry Christmas," Tiffany whispered into the empty room before she took a sip of her wine. She stared at her reflection on the window in front of her that led to a nice view of Seoul and the Han river.

Tiffany's home was quite big and expensive. She had a nice view at the top of a big building in Gangnam. It was what eight years of fame as a solo artist had gained her. She had a lot.

Popularity, riches, beauty, and whatever talent she had left. Yet she wasn't content with it. She was going in the dumps and she knew it. Idols couldn't last forever.

Tiffany wiped a single tear that fell and looked up at the clock. It was seven in the afternoon. Christmas eve. How had it come so fast? This year she hadn't had time to prepare anything. Not that she has anything to prepare though.

She was all alone this year, given that she had lost any friends she had, and her family was back in America.

Tiffany slowly stood up from the floor and walked over to the kitchen. She poured herself some more wine before she went back to sit down at her spot.

"I'm in a slump," She told herself. "I have no one, I'm all alone. I have no talent left. That Taecyeon guy described me perfectly. Plastic, talentless, and unloved."

Tiffany felt herself growing bitter and angry insde. She stared at her reflection and saw nothing but failure. Perhaps it was the alchohol, but she suddenly felt the need to throw a tantrum like back when she was five. Back when that could solve anything.

"Is it my fault my company thought I wasn't pretty enought?" She asked into the emptiness of her huge apartment. "That they didn't think my talent was enough?"

She kept staring at her empty reflection as she grew even more angered. "Is it my fault I got hurt and had to get surgery that hurt my throat?! Is it my fault that these things happened to me one after another?! I can't!" She kept yelling frustrated and before she knew it she had thrown the glass at the window and the glass of wine shattered into millions of tiny pieces and flew everywhere.

Tiffany started sobbing uncrontrolably and hugged her knees closer. "I'm a failure."

~~

 "Is Amber coming?" Ailee asked as she helped Youngji and Eric set up the coffee shop for the Christmas event they were holding. Eric nodded. "She's most likely coming with Henry and Jackson."

"Henry and Amber come every year. When you meet Henry try not to get fooled by his flirting ways," Youngji said.

"Oh, is he that type of guy?" Ailee asked as she tried recalling the Super Junior M member. "I've seen him on TV a lot, but never paid much attention to him."

Eric slightly shook his head. "It's worse in real life than in tv."

"You met Hani the other day, right?" Youngji asked Ailee and she nodded. "The pretty girl with the bangs that studied in America?"

"Yeah, she's coming too. I think she might bring some of her friends too," Youngji said thinking that Hani might bring Hongbin the handsome model. More like hoping she would.

"That's nice," Ailee said with a smile. "I would like to meet more people around here."

"Trust me, you will meet so many people here," Eric said. "Not all that you'd be thankful for meeting."

Ailee nodded as she helped with the decorations. Whenever she arrived at Korea she thought it wouldn't be easy making friends and felt like she'd have a hard time. But she was thankful she'd have came across the coffee shop.

~~

 Hongbin grabbed his coat after he finished the last photoshoot and was ready to head off to the home to pick up Ken and then go to the coffee shop. He slipped on his coat and grabbed his things when he noticed something.

Jiyeon was one of the only people left in the building, sitting near a window with her clothes from the photoshoot still on. She had a cut of hot chocolate that she sipped every once in a while as she stared out the window.

"Hello, Jiyeon," Hongbin approached her. Jiyeon looked up, startled at his sudden appearance and shocked that he was still there.

"Hello," She said with a slight bow as she sat still. "You're still here?"

Hongbin nodded and looked at the window before glancing back at her. "I was just heading out. Why are you still here?" He asked.

"I'm in no hurry to leave this place," She said as she turned back to face the window and took a sip from her cup.

"It's Christmas eve, don't you have places to be?" Hongbin asked confused.

"Not a person like me," She barely whispered. "Back at the dorm I don't have the members. They all went home for the holidays, and I didn't want to do that since there really isn't much back home anyways."

Hongbin slightly nodded. "Well, I was heading off to pick up my friend to go to a coffee shop where people that are lonely go to every Christmas eve. Would you like to join?"

Jiyeon looked at up Hongbin and stared at him for a small moment, making him feel uncomfortable. Then a slight smile appeared on her face and she stood up. "Sure, I'll go get dressed out of these clothes and get my things."

Hongbin nodded as she walked away to her dressing room and let out a deep sigh of relief. "That was hard."

~~

 Suzy stared at the picture on her phone. Min, Jia, and Fei. Her three members out celebrating the holidays together at a restaurant with some of their staff. She let out a sigh as she put down her phone.

They had invited Suzy, of course, to be polite. She knew they didn't like her and would have a much better time if she didn't go with them. The members were good people, she knew that. And she understood why they didn't like her.

Debuting at the age of fifteen, acting in a drama she didn't want to at debut, gaining intertanional succes through a movie, and becoming the nation's first love; Suzy never asked for any of that, but she knew why the members hated her for it.

Many people said Miss A was dead. And it might as well be since it was seeming more and more like Suzy and the others. That's why the members didn't like her. They debuted, hoping they'd have a bond and succeed together and go through hardships together and become known together. But it seemed like Suzy did all of that and left them behind.

It wasn't her fault. And that's what she told herself everytime she had a solo activity, everytime she felt lonely, everytime she realized how little she knew her members and how much they knew each other.

"Suzy, are you ready to go home?" Suzy's mom asked as she came knocking on her door.

Suzy stood up and grabbed her suitcases. She would be staying at her parents house for a couple of days. She felt relived about it. Seeing her parents, going home, not worrying about her millions of individual schedules.

"Yes," Suzy said as she headed out with her mom.

~~

 Baekhyun looked around anxiously as his finger kept tapping the fruit punch he hadn't even drank and his eyes scanned the place. He didn't see her.

Baekhyun let out a sigh as he decided it had been too good to be true. Not that he really cared that Taeyeon hadn't showed up. He just wanted to bring her out more. That's it.

"Hey," Someone said from behind making him jump. He quickly spinned around, almost spilling his drink on her, and smiled wide at her, trying to seem casual.

"Hi," He said cooly as he held tightly on to his cup. "I didn't think you'd actually come."

 Taeyeon slightly smiled and said, "I wasn't going to, but I decided why not? Since I had nothing else to do."

Baekhyun nodded before he smiled wider, unable to stop himself. It wasn't until she cleared that he stopped and spoke, "I'm glad you came."

"Me too."

~~

 "Great, Seohyun, you're here!" Eric said as he rushed to Seohyun who walked in as she took her coat off with a following Yonghwa wearing a hoodie over his face. "Hold on, who's that?"

Seohyun turned to see who Eric was talking about and saw Yonghwa standing there awkwardly. "Take it off, no one here will care. It's kind of only open to people we invite and I trust them all."

Yonghwa nodded slowly as he listened to Seohyun's words, and lowered his hoodie so his face could be seen. He waited for Eric's reaction that never came.

"Eric, this is Yonghwa, the famous solo artist who's living with me for now due to circumstances. Yonghwa, this is Eric," Seohyun introduced.

Eric smiled at Yonghwa and said, "Nice to meet you. Oh gosh I know too many idols as it is and they all bring me trouble."

"He's not like Henry," Seohyun said. "He's cool. Speaking of, where are they?"

"Not here ye-" Eric got his words cut off as the bell dinged and in went the arguing couple: Henry and Amber.

"I told you, your driving !" Amber yelled as she walked in without even looking back.

"No it does not, why didn't you let me drive us over?!" Henry argued as he walked in behind her trying to reason.

"Last time you almost killed us an-"

"Nevermind," Eric sighed as his face dropped. "I'll be in the back, drowning in sorrow," he said and walked away from Seohyun and Yonghwa.

Yonghwa just kept looking in the direction that Eric left before he turned around and looked at the arguing Henry and Amber. "They're idols too," He mumbled making Seohyun place a hand on his shoulder.

"I told you. I'll be in the back doing my job if you need me. Go socialize or whatever it is that idols do," Seohyun said and left him there. 

 Yonghwa nodded and watched as Seohyun went off to the back. He then turned his attention back to Henry and Amber who had now noticed his presence.

"Yonghwa? What are you doing here?" Amber asked as she approached him.

"Rumor among idols is you've run away and your company can't find you," Henry said confused as he scanned him up and down and back again as if he were a ghost.

Yonghwa shrugged and said, "Well, something like that. Don't tell anyone you two saw me here."

Amber shrugged. "As if we care."

~~

Krystal stared in front of her without much expression besides her cold usual face. She mentally cursed her father as she set down her cup of wine.

"Did you know about this arrangement?" She asked.

Key looked her directly in the eye as a sly smile formed on his face. "Our parents arranged this, but boy am I glad."

Krystal watched as Key took a sip of his wine and set his cup down. "Eunji," She called out and in went her assistant. "I want to leave right now. Tell my father I had some other business to handle."

Eunji opened to say something but then looked at Key, waiting for him to say it. Key took the hint and then said, "I told your father your whole schedule had been cleared for this."

Krystal shut her lips tight. She looked at him for a while as Eunji slowly backed away, feeling the tension in the room, knowing how it would end. Finally, Krystal let out a sigh and looked at Key with a softer look.

"I'll never understand you and your love for me," Krystal said.

"Oh Soojung, it's quite simple. What really cannot be understood, is, have you ever really not felt anything for me?" Key asked.

"Shut up if you want to eat me," Krystal said before she dug into her steak and he smiled to himself.

One day, Jung Soojung would be his.

~~

 "My love, the girl with the pretty big eyes and long brown hair, where is she?"

Eric didn't know what else to do besides blink at the odd guy that stood in front of him. He looked at Hani who was stuffing her face with cake and she quickly tried to swallow.

"He's asking where Seohyun is," Hani said with still full, as she accidentally spit some cake out.

Eric looked at Hani with disgust before he turned to look at the guy. "What did you say your name was?"

"Jinwoon," He said.

"I'll go get Seohyun," Eric said and awkwardly walked away. A few seconds later he came back with Seohyun. "Here's the weirdo," Eric whispered to Seohyun before she chuckled.

"Uh, hello," Seohyun said and Jinwoon immediately stood up from his seat and bowed to her.

"Here she is, the most beautiful human being!" Jinwoon cheered.

"I feel offended," Youngji, who had been passing by, said.

Jinwoon simply smiled at Seohyun and she awkwardly smiled. "What would you like?"

"You as my future wife and birth giver of my future children," Jinwoon said making Hani choke on the piece of cake she'd been eating.

"I'm just going to go see if Ken is here yet," Hani said as she stood up and walked away. Hani walked out the door and looked around to see if she could see Ken. As she turned to her right she heard the familiar voice call out her name.

"Ken!" Hani waved at Ken as he walked over to her with Hongbin and some girl following behind. "Who's with Hongbin?" She whispered to Ken.

"She's Jiyeon of T-ara, he's been modeling with her. Be careful with what you say, I'm planning on making her my future sister-in-law."

Hani's mouth formed an 'oh' shape as she slowly nodded. She looked at Hongbin and Jiyeon who approached them and smiled. "Hello Hongbin," Hani said with a smile before she turned to Jiyeon.

"Hello Hani, this is Jiyeon from T-ara who I've been modeling with. Jiyeon, this is Hani, a close friend," Hongbin introduced and both Hani and Jiyeon bowed.

"Let's go inside since it's getting cold," Hani said and they all followed her inside.

"Eric, prepare some hot chocolate for these boys," Hani said as she took a seat with the group.

"So, this is the place you come to often?" Ken asked as he looked around in awe.

"Yeah, she comes here pretty much everyday after work to complain about life," Youngji said appearing out of nowhere as she set down their drinks.

Hani's eyes widened at Youngji's embarrassing words and she tried covering her face as Ken and Hongbin started laughing. "Wow, that sounds like Hani," Ken said as he patted the back of her head.

"Is that. . .?" Jiyeon suddenly mumbled as her eyes landed on Jinwoon who kept talking to Seohyun with that smile that formed  his cresent eyes.

"What?" Hongbin asked as he turned to look in the same direction as Jiyeon before she shook her head. "Nothing, just someone I met a while back."

~~

"I"m here!" Myungsoo yelled out as he went inside the coffee shop with Taecyeon, pratically dragging Leo behind.

Hani's eyes lit up seeing the three and she raised her hand as she called them over to their table. "Over here guys! Come join us!"

The three made their way over quickly, seeing how people stared at them over Hani's overreaction, and took the last three empty seats leaving the order; Hani, Ken, Jiyeon, Hongbin, Leo, Taecyeon, Myungsoo, and back again.

"Could you stop being so embarrasing for once?" Myungsoo asked as he made a face at her and sat on her other side.

"I'm not the one who announced his arrival to everyone," Hani argued, returining the face. And then Myungsoo poked her forehead. "Ow!"

"You two sure play well together," Ken mumbled as he just watched.

"It's cute," Jiyeon said finally speaking up after a while.

"Hahaha. . ." Hani laughed awkwardly as she smiled shyly before she punched Myungsoo hard. "This idiot is a pain in the ."

Taecyeon shook his head as his hand reached out for a cup of coffee. "I swear you two are you going to end up marrying each other."

Ken looked at Hani who shooked her head and then at Myungsoo who only held that smirk. Those two? Together? What had he missed while he was gone? Had this Myungsoo guy tried making a move on Hani while he was gone? Did he take his job as the best friend that she fights with?

"Oh, it's Yein!" Myungsoo exclaimed as he saw Yein walk in. She looked around, but before her eyes landed on Myungsoo they locked with someone else who immediately turned at the mention of her name. "Yonghwa," Yein mumbled before she ran over to her brother.

Yonghwa stood up just as he felt a slap on the face and then a big hug taking him back. "Yein, what are you doing here?"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that? You went missing and cut off all contact, and now you're here?" Yein ranted as she pulled away from him.

"Let me explain," Yonghwa said as he sighed.

~~

Sunggyu looked down at his phone, seeing he had a message. 'I guess I shouldn't have expected you to come. Have a nice Christmas.'

"I'm sorry Myungsoo," Sunggyu mumbled after he read the message. As much as he was trying to push him away, truth be told, he missed Myungsoo the spoiled brat.

But he couldn't let that get to him. He had to stay away from everyone. Keep them all away, because any moment news could break out, and not only would it affect him, but everyone around him.

A call then came in and Sunggyu sighed thinking it was Hani or Myungsoo. He looked at the contact name only to find himself confused. Why was this girl calling him?

"What, Eunji?" Sunggyu asked.

"How are you these days?" Eunji asked, and Sunggyu couldn't help but let out a cocky smile.

"Why? Miss me now that I'm not around? I thought getting out of your life was what you wanted," Sunggyu said as his expression got darker.

Eunji let out a sigh. "Stop twisting my words like that. I told you to forget about me, but I never went as far as telling you to leave. And why wouldn't I miss someone who was always there?"

"Eunji," Sunggyu started as tears formed in his eyes.

"Why won't you tell me what' going on?" She asked softer. "We're best friends, we met in high school and trusted each other, I told you everything, but why is it still so hard for you to confine in me?"

"I can't tell you everything right now, but please wait for me," Sunggyu as he leaned against the wall behind him and closed his eyes.

"At least don't push Myungsoo away," Eunji said. "Anyways, I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. I hope you're not alone."

"Don't worry for me too much," Sunggyu said and hung up before anything else could be said. "It only makes it harder for me."

~~

Myungsoo stared at Yein with much interest. Thoughts deep inside, confusing him in many ways. He wondered what happened between Yonghwa and Yein. Were they really siblings?

"So, Jiyeon," Hani asked trying to get the girl to speak more than a few words. "What are you up to these days that T-ara isn't busy?"

Jiyeon thought about it for a bit before she shrugged. "Just here and there. There really isn't much to do without group activities besides the photoshoots and stuff.

"I guess you're not one of those really busy idols," Taecyeon mumbled bitterly remembering his hate for idols, before Hani kicked him from under the table.

Ken poked Hani and she turned to look at him confused. "Does that Myungsoo kid like that girl that's with Yonghwa?" Ken whispered so only she could hear.

Hani turned around and looked at how Myungsoo was staring off somewhere else. In the direction where Yonghwa and Yein were sitting. She furrowed her eyebrows as she realized he hadn't said anything since Yein had arried. Hani turned to look at Ken and simply shrugged before she whispered, "I hadn't noticed, but maybe."

"Hey Myungsoo," Hani said snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Huh?'

"Why so spaced out?"

"Am I the only one who's shocked at the fact that Yein and Yonghwa are siblings?" Myungoo suddenly asked.

"Of course I'm shocked," Taecyeon said as he crossed his arms and leaned back on his seat. "I heard Yonghwa had gone missing for a while and not even his family knew where he was. To think, that family was her, so young and hard-working."

"Poor child," Hani said as she pouted.

"At least she knows now where he is," Ken said with a nod.

At that moment the doorbell rang and in went Baby Soul with some guy Hani had briefly seen before. She thought his name was Hoya, and he was the new janitor at SBS.

"Over here!" Hani shouted.

Baby Soul looked at Hani and smiled as she noticed their table was full. She looked around and saw Yein, the hyper kid who turned things upside down at SBS ever since she arrived. The two had met coincidentally once and started talking after that, so she dragged Hoya over to that table with him.

"Hey Yein, can we take these two empty seats?" Baby Soul asked.

"Yes! I didn't know you were coming, who's this?" Yein asked as she looked at Hoya.

"He's a new janitor at SBS," Baby Soul said as the two sat down.

"My name is Hoya, I'm from Busan," He introduced himself.

Yein nodded with a smile before she introduced her brother. "This is Yonghwa, my brother who's an idol. Yonghwa, this is Baby Soul who's a news reporter at SBS, and Hoya the janitor."

Baby Soul snickered at the way Yein introduced Hoya before he sent her a glare. "So, how do you two know each other?" Yein asked. "Are you two dating? You two seem pretty close to have just met a while ago."

Baby Soul shrugged before she said, "We met a few weeks ago. We talk a lot."

Hoya nodded in agreement, noting that they really did talk a lot for some reason.

"Wow," Yein said as she stared at the two before she shrugged and smiled, moving on from the topic.

"Okay, everyone, attention," Eric said as he stood up on the stage and spoke through the mic. "Our worker Seohyun here is going to sing for us."

Eric moved out of the way and Seohyun was sitting on a stool holding a guitar. She adjusted the mic to fit her before she cleared and started strumming the guitar.

She sang a couple of Christmas songs before Ailee followed and then Eric. And that's how the beautiful night went for everyone.

Enjoying music, spending time with friends and family.

Nothing that would seem extrodinary, but was still special and heart warming.

Which is why, when asked how he enjoyed the night back at Seohyun's place, Yonghwa answered with a smile, "I didn't think it'd be that great. But seeing my sister, and the feel of the coffee shop, it was nice. I think it was the first good Christmas I've had sine I became an idol. I really liked seeing how others enjoyed themselves too."

Seohyun nodded with a smile as she said, "Yeah, it was a very heartwarming day."


 This chapter is like ages overdue and it's almost summer but whatever, I love Christmas any season.

Anyways, I have like zero time to revise this chapter so I hope there aren't too many mistakes, but bye!

~Jackie