Clic

Unrequited Love; Breaking the Chain

"Your sister looks like you," Seohyun said breaking the silence between her and Yonghwa. He stopped eating for a moment as he just stared at his plate before he continued.

"Well that's to be expected. She's my sister after all," Yonghwa said.

"Why hadn't you told her where you were going? She had seemed pretty mad and worried," Seohyun said before she ate a spoonful of rice.

Yonghwa sighed as he put down his spoon. "She's someone that tends to worry for those she loves, so I didn't want her worrying over me living here. And if she knows, they're going to bother her, constantly trying to get it out of her, knowing I trust her the most."

"The company?" Seohyun asked and Yonghwa nodded before he resumed eating. "Seems complicated," Seohyun mumbled.

"It is," Yonghwa said before he decided to change the subject. "That coffee shop place is very nice. The people working there are nice. The food and coffee is nice. The customers are nice. And your voice, I didn't know you could sing."

Seohyun smiled before she nodded. "I used to dream of being a singer. But we never really had much money and after my parents died I had to keep working to support my sister and I."

Yonghwa stopped chewing as he glanced at Seohyun. He didn't know her parents had passed away. Or that she had a sister. Then again, he really didn't know her at all, seeing as how they just met a few weeks ago.

"Where is your sister?" Yonghwa asked, not sure if he was allowed.

"She's at a friend's house. She left because she doesn't like living here, which is why I sort of took you in," Seohyun confessed. "I needed help paying the rent, and my sister just moved out."

Yonghwa nodded, seeing how he was learning more about her in one day than all those weeks he'd been living there. He wanted to learn more. He found it. . . Intriguing.

~~

Leo looked around, making sure everything was in order. As he walked down the halls of the SBS building, he noticed someone sitting alone as she stared at her reflection in the mirror of her dressing room.

Leo furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the name on the door and then at his clipboard. He knocked on the door and Sojin's head snapped around and she looked at him in surprise.

"Miss Sojin, I believe you're supposed to be getting mic check with your members," Leo said as he walked and stood in front of her.

"Ah, yes," Sojin said awkwardly. "I just needed some time to think."

Leo nodded and headed for the door when she suddenly stopped him. "Mister Leo," She called out.

Leo turned around and raised an eyebrow at her. "Yes?"

Sojin seemed to hesitate before she finally asked, "Do you enjoy your work?"

Leo seemed taken back before he realized what she asked. He thought about it for a moment before she said, "Sorry, it's just, you're always so quiet and calm, but this place seems loud and unfit for you. . . So I just, well, you can forget I asked that question."

Leo stared at her with a blank expression before he let out a breath and said, "I do."

Sojin looked back up at him, shocked. "I like quiet, and I like calm, and this place gives me anything but that. It gives me headaches and pain, but I enjoy it. The people I've met, it's quite nice."

Sojin just stared at him in disbleief before he bowed and headed out the door, closing it behind him.

Leo walked down the hall thinking about that question. Yes, it seemed like he didn't really care for his job, and Taecyeon and Myungsoo gave him headaches, but he enjoyed working with them. Although he'd never admit to that.

Leo wondered why Sojin had asked that question before a thought came to his mind.  Maybe she wasn't enjoying her job.

~~

 IU held her straight face as she looked out the window. She gave off a cool and chic feel, having her arms crossed and wearing her sunglasses as she chewed gum.

"Miss IU," Hani said as she walked over to her with her clipboard held tightly in her hand. "We're about to start the shooting. We need you to go get your mic."

IU looked up at Hani and stared at her briefly before she nodded and stood up. "Where do I go?"

Hani pointed over to Soohyun who was digging through some equipment. "He should help you with that."

IU nodded and walked over to Soohyun and stood in front of him until he looked up at her. "You're the PD who's supposed to get my mic, right?"

Soohyun nodded and stood up. "Yeah," He said as he grabbed her mic and helped place it behind her.

IU stared at Soohyun as he placed her mic. "Are you new here? I've never seen you around."

"Yes, I'm a new PD here," He said with a firm nod. IU raised an eyebrow at his dorky looking self. "What made you want to work here?"

"Ah, well," Soohyun didn't really know how to answer that. "My first love worked here, so I kind of. . . Yeah."

"You followed her here?" IU asked, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. Soohyun nodded and just stared at her, waiting for her to tell him that was stupid. "Interesting," Was all she mumbled before she took off her sunglasses.

Soohyun nodded as he watched IU walk away, wondering if all idols were like her.

"She's so scary," Hani said as she stood next to him. Soohyun looked at her, surprised that she was there.

"Scary?" He asked before he glanced at IU who stood next to the snack bar, observing everything as if the food was poisoned. "Why would she be scary?"

Hani raised an eyebrow at Soohyun as she crossed her arms. "Are you serious? Haven't you seen that scary look she has in her eyes. And that cold expression she always holds? Or how she treats everyone as if they're her dogs and never says thank you or please?"

Soohyun shook his head and Hani clicked her tongue. "Of course you wouldn't notice. Anyways, I don't think she's as bad as everyone says, knowing her past. But who knows."

And with that, Hani walked away leaving behind a very confused Soohyun.

~~

Yoona stared at the food in front of her, feeling her stomach begging for food. "Aren't you going to eat?" A voice came next to her, making her look up with such a cute innocent look.

"Oh, PD Taecyeon, you scared me," She said before she turned back to look at the food. "I'm not very hungry," Yoona lied.

Taecyeon who was stuffing a muffin in his mouth raised an eyebrow as he looked at her. "You sure? You look very hungry."

Yoona bit her bottom lip as she shook her head. "Uh, no. I can't eat this. My agency has me on a strict diet."

Taecyeon scoffed, accidently spitting out some of the muffin he had been eating. "Are you serious?  Why do people even become idols if they suffer this much?"

Yoona seemed taken back and looked away from him. "Because it's their dreams," She mumbled before she sighed, still wanting to be able to eat the brownie she had her eye on.

Taecyeon glanced at Yoona, possibly feeling more sympathy for her, before he said, "Just eat it. It's not like they'll find out. Besides, don't you idols train all day? I'm sure you won't gain any weight from it."

Letting out one last frustrated sigh, Taecyeon walked away as he ruffled his hair and kicked the air as he turned the corner.

Yoona glanced at him before she looked back at the food on the table. Looking around one last time, she slowly grabbed the brownie and ate it before anyone could see.

~~

Jiyeon walked down the street as tried avoiding the stares like any normal day. She pushed her sunglasses up more and hugged her jacket tightly around her.

It hadn't been long since the news about her and her supposed boyfriend had broke out and the reporters were going crazy following her around. She just hoped she could make it safely to the coffee shop without anyone bothering her.

But of course, that wasn't going to happen.

"Miss Jiyeon, since how long have you been dating?"

"Is it true that. . ."

"Can I ask. . ."

"Why don't the. . "

The reporters and antis found her by her second turn and she was soon struggling to get away from everyone as they kept bugging her with questions.

On the other side of the street there was Jinwoon who had woken up from sleep on the bench because of the loud noises of the reportes.

"Famous people sure do bring a lot of noise," He mumbled as he pushed away the newspapers that covered him while he was sleeping, and stood up. He looked over at the other side of the street where it seemed like antis and reporters followed someone around.

Around him he heard mumbles like, "And she has the nerves to even step out of her home," or, "I'm glad she has so much hate around her."

Jinwoon looked around before he looks back and scrunched his eyebrows. In between all those people he was certain he could see that girl who had tripped over him that day.

Letting out a sigh, he walked across the street to have a better look at her, and noticed how uncomfortable she looked with all those people surrounding her.

"Why are people so rude?" Jinwoon mumbled before he pushed past those people and grabbed Jiyeon's wrist.

Jiyeon looked surprised and scared for a moment before she could really see his face. "That guy," She mumbled recognizing him as that odd beggar she tripped on. She then felt him tug at her wrist and start pulling her away from the crowd.

"What are you doing?!" She hissed at him, but he ignored her and pulled her away before he started running, and she had no choice but to also run.

It wasn't until they made it into the coffee shop with no one following them that he stopped and turned around to face her.

"Thank you," Jiyeon mumbled, not looking at him.

"For what?" Jinwoon asked, expecting her answer.

"For pulling me away from everyone," Jiyeon mumbled as she stared at her feet

Jinwoon smiled, forming his cresent eyes. "Good, if you're really thankful you should buy me some hot chocolate," he said before he pointed to the counter.

Jiyeon looked over before she looked back at him. "Is that why you helped me? To get something in return?"

Jinwoon simply nodded, holding an innocent look on his face. "Yeah, let's go sit down," he said before he headed over to a seat at the bar. Jiyeon just stared at him before she followed and sat next to him.

"What would you like to order?" Youngji asked, coming along to serve them.

"Where's my beautiful princess Seohyun?" Jinwoon asked making Jiyeon send him an odd look.

Youngji just sighed and rolled her eyes before she went to the back and came back a minute later with Seohyun. "Here, serve this guy. I'm done," Youngji said as she pushed Seohyun towards Jinwoon.

"Ah, there's my beautiful princess with the sparkling doe eyes," Jinwoon said as his face lit up at the sight of Seohyun. She only stood in front of him awkwardly as Jiyeon scoffed.

"You sure talk pretty," Jiyeon said with a sour look as she glanced at Jinwoon.

"Shut up," He scowled before he turned back go Seohyun.

"I'll take a hot chocolate and this girl will take. . . " Jinwoon looked at Jiyeon waiting for her to answer.

"A muffin and a hot chocolate," Jiyeon told Seohyun with a smile. "That'll be all."

Seohyun nodded and went off to prepare their order. She came back not long after and served them. "I hope you enjoy," She said and Jinwoon smiled before she left.

"You like her?" Jiyeon asked as she looked at Jinwoon with a judgemental look. "Well, I guess it suits your type. Although even she seems too good for a type like you."

"What?" Jinwoon asked. "I think she's much prettier than you, and at least she has a kind heart."

"Whatever," Jiyeon mumbled before she sipped her hot chocolate.

Jinwoon did the same before he set it down and looked at Jiyeon. "Don't you have a bodyguard?"

Jiyeon raised an eyebrow at the odd guy. "Why do you ask?"

"Earlier you were every unprotected. And it also seemed like a lot of people like to surround you. Isn't it dangerous?" Jinwoon asked as he drank more of his hot choclate.

Jiyeon stopped eating her muffin before she looked at him. "Yeah, but what can I do? It's not like my agency can bother hiring someome to follow me around everytime I step out the house just because people hate me."

Jinwoon stopped drinking and thought for a while. "Well then I can be your bodyguard."

Jiyeon turned to look at him as she raised an eyebrow at him. "Are you serious?"

Jinwoon nodded. "Of course. I'm unemployed and don't do anything, so I have a lot of time. If I became your bodyguard I could at least have something to do and get payed."

Jiyeon wanted to scoff at the idea, and tell him how ridiculous it was. But the more she thought about it, the more it seemed like she could actually take up the offer. Antis always chased after her, and she was getting scared she might get killed one day, so she wanted someone to be by her side and protect her.

"Okay," Jiyeon said. "But I need to know your number, name, and background information."

Jinwoon nodded and said, "Deal."

~~

"Noona!" Jackson called out to Hani who stopped in her tracks and turned around to see him. He was in his car at the backseat, calling her out from the window.

"What?" Hani asked as she walked over to him. "What do you want?"

"You're headed to the coffee shop, right?" Jackson asked. Hani nodded. "Let's go together," He said with a smile before he opened the door.

Hani nodded and went inside, sitting next to him. "Why are you at SBS building today?" Hani asked as she closed the door.

"I'm an emcee at Inkigayo, remember?" Jackson said. Hani nodded, remembering how they'd often meet up like that. "So, this coffee shop that you and the others often go to, is it a cool place to hang out at?"

Hani glanced at Jackson, sensing something weird with his sudden expression and question. "Yeah, it's a peaceful place, and since it's kinda of hidden not too many fans show up. That's why Amber and Henry love it."

Jackson nodded as he smiled, looking down at his hands.

"Why do you ask?" Hani asked, still sensing something off with the younger boy.

"It's just crazy these says, my schedules, my popularity. . . It'd be nice to have a place to go to with clam and peacefulness," Jackson said softly as he looked down at his hands.

Hani nodded as she kept staring at him, wondering how he could deal with everything. She knew how busy crazy he was, going from here to there with never ending schedules. And she knew how many fans he had. It got so loud everytime he showed up at the SBS building.

But Jackson always held that goofy grin and acted like everything was cool, so Hani didn't really think about it. The poor boy must suffer so much, and then not even having his family, and being somewhere far away from home.

Jackson then looked at Hani as he brought back that goofy grin. "But it's okay, I love getting attention from the people," he goofed around again and that moment was gone.

Hani smiled and nodded, knowing he was just acting like he was okay. She suddenly felt like she wanted to tell him it was okay. It was okay to not be okay. To feel fed up. To feel stuffy. To not smile.

But as long as he kept smiling she really wasn't in any place to talk to him about his personal issues.

~~

 "Well, I wouldn't necessarily want to be an idol," Ailee said as she leaned on the counter and ate her sandwich during break time. "I just want to sing and make music and show people what I can do."

Eric nodded as he sipped his cup and leaned across from her on the wall. "Have you gone to any agency yet?"

"No, I don't really know about that, so I haven't tried," Ailee said. "My Korean is also not that great."

"I can help you with your Korean," Seohyun said as she cleaned the tables.

"Oh yeah, Seohyun is really smart," Eric said with a nod before he bit into his muffin.

"Yeah, and Yonghwa could help you out with the whole agency thing. He's been in the industry for a while," Seohyun said and Ailee smiled in excitement.

"That'd be great!" Ailee exclaimed in excitment.

"Where's Youngji?" Eric suddenly asked as he checked his watch and remembered he had business to attend to, and Seohyun's shift was almost over.

"She said she'd be a little late. Family problems," Seohyun answered as she went back to cleaning the table with a rag.

Eric nodded and threw the rest of his muffin away. "Well, I have to get going now," Eric said as he grabbed his coat and keys. "Make sure to tell Youngji to lock up and show up early tomorrow to open up."

The two girls nodded and watched as Eric left the store before they turned to each other.

"So, how's it like living with Yonghwa?" Ailee asked to make conversation.

"It's not as hard as I thought it'd be. He just sits on the sofa all day and watches tv. Although I do wish he could work to help pay for the place," Seohyun said.

"Why doesn't he work here?" Ailee asked simply, making Seohyun look up and nod.

"Yeah, I didn't think about that," Seohyun said as she snapped her fingers. "I'll tell him when I get home. Anyways, how's it living with Eric?"

Ailee looked up as she pursed her lips and thought about it. "It's quite nice. He's a very nice person, and I'm grateful he's taken care of me since I got here."

"Yeah, he's a nice person," Seohyun said.

As silence filled the coffee shop while the two girls entered back to working, the ding of the bells was heard and the two girls turned to see who it was.

"Hani, you're here," Seohyun said as Hani entered with a smiling Jackson behind.

"Hello," Hani waved to Seohyun and Ailee as she headed to her usual seat at the bar area with Jackson who was looking around in awe.

"This place is nice," Jackson mumbled.

"Told you," Hani said. "So where's Eric?"

"He just left," Ailee said.

Hani pouted but shrugged, thinking she could just hang out with Jackson and Eric next time since it had been a while. "Well, Ailee, Seohyun, this is Jackson."

Jackson waved at the girls as he flashed them a grin and they smiled back. "Jackson, this is Seohyun who's worked here for a while, and this is Ailee, who just moved here from America, chasing her dreams of becoming a singer."

"You speak englsih?" Jackson as Ailee who nodded. "Nice, I'm from Hong Kong."

"You're in Got7, right?" Ailee asked and he nodded. "Wow, so many idols come here."

At that moment the bell dinged again and in went a rushing Youngji, breathless and tired. "Sorry I'm late," She said in between breaths. "I had something come up and-"

Youngji stopped when she noticed the odd boy from the other day sitting next to Hani. "Hey, I know you. . ."

Jackson stared at Youngji and snapped his fingers before his eyes widened and he pointed at her. "You're that girl!"

 


 Haha, this chapter I brought out more characters that hadn't appeared for a while. I bet this was y, but anyways, more things are starting to set in for different characters and their plot lines.