Already Trouble

Unrequited Love; Breaking the Chain

Hani smiled to herself as she waved goodbye at Ken. It was graduation day and the two had graduated high school. It was the last day they would see each other, and the pair of best friends were devasted. But they had promised to keep with each other and often call each other.

"I hope you have fun where you're going," Hani whispered, not even bothering actually telling him that. Instead she said her goodbye and turned around, going off into her own direction.

It was the start of something new. She was going to go to her dream college aboard, study writing and more, graduate, and become a successful writer with best selling novels.

Ken had wanted to go aboard too, but he wasn't able to so instead he was going to the University of Seoul and studying music. He would later on go to become a famous artist who made his own music.

Those were the plans of the best friends, and the final thing, they would both end up meeting each other later on in the future.

Of course, dreams were dreams, goals were goals, fantasies were fantasies, and reality was reality.

 

 

Five years later, 2015

 Hani sighed as she dragged her sore body to the coffee shop near her work. It wasn't a very big coffee shop for being in the middle of Seoul. It was actually quite small and roomy. But it was cozy and gave that feel of home.

There was a stage for performers with a guitar, bass, and drum set. There was little tables and booths all over, but where she really liked was sitting at the bar.

"I'm here," Hani groaned as she entered the coffee shop.

The ding let Youngji know that her regular customer had finally arrived and she walked over to the counter where she usually sat.

"The regular please," Hani mumbled as she took her seat at the bar and her head dropped, cheek resting on the cold surface.

"Must have been a tough day, huh?" Youngji asked as she started preparing Hani's coffee.

"You have no idea. Today's episode included a lot of running around and I struggled to keep up. Why did I ever agree to working on Running Man?" Hani asked as she suddenly lifted her head to look at Youngji.

Youngji simply shrugged and continued working. "Maybe because you couldn't find any other job, and you need money?"

Hani let out a sigh put rested her head on her hand. Working for the most popular variety show wasn't easy. Especially when the show included being really active and Hani's job was running after the cast so she could stay on top of things as the writer.

Not like she really had much choice for a job. No other place would really hire her due to circumstances and she eventually had to settle for the tiring job so she could earn money.

"Here it is," Youngji said as she set the cup in front of Hani and stared at her.

"And we also have this new PD named Kim Soohyun and he is such a dork and messes everything up. Enough about me though. So how's your life going?" Hani asked as she took her cup and sat up.

Youngji let out a deep sigh and shrugged. "Not too difficult, I guess. I'm starting to think I should just quit college, marry a rich guy, and never have to work a single day in my life."

"Ey, that doesn't sound like you," Hani said as she smiled.

Youngji smiled brightly like always and chuckled. "I know I know. But it gets tough, you know? I study all day, and work all night. Not complaining since I can pay for college and get education."

Hani smiled at Youngji knowing how hard she worked on a daily basis. Youngji only had a mother and a sister and it was tough bringing home to the poor family. Her older sister also worked a lot and was rarely home, but the two girls were determined to get through the poverty.

Hani met the twenty-one year old when she had just come back from America the year before and started searching for a job. On her search she stumbled upon the small coffee shop and saw how hard Youngji worked, yet how she always kept a bright smile.

Afterwards Hani got a job at Running Man and kept going to the coffee shop everyday.

"Anyways, where's Seohyun?" Hani asked.

"She left early due to something. She didn't tell me," Youngji said as she started washing the dishes. She let out a sigh as she put the glass down and turned to Hani. "I think we should hire someone else. It's quite tough with only Seohyun and I, and Eric doesn't really help."

"Yes I do," Eric argued as he came in from the back. "I'm the owner of this place, so obviously I do a lot of important work."

"Like sleep around," Youngji mumbled making Hani laugh and Eric frown.

"Anyways, I have to get going, so make sure to lock up the place," Eric said and handed Youngji the keys before walking out of the coffee shop.

"See what I'm saying?" Youngji asked before she shook her head.

Hani shrugged and looked around. There was only her and Youngji in the small little coffee shop besides this guy at the far back corner who seemed to be busy working on something.

"Well, I think I should get going too. It was nice being here," Hani said as she stood up and took her cup with her. She said her goodbyes and walked out the door.

~~

"Really?! Thank you, thank you, thank you," Yein said as she kept bowing to her new boss. "I will not fail as an intern.

Yein had applied for an internship at SBS and she would now be working at Inkigayo, the music show where idols performed every week. This was quite important for her she had to make sure not to fail. She had to work hard and maybe she would get an actual job eventually.

"Yeah, come back tomorrow so one of my workers can teach you how around."

Yein nodded happily and walked out of the office. As she walked through the SBS building she couldn't help but feel joyful and all giddy on the inaide. This was a dream come true.

Without thinking much Yein yelled out of happiness and proceeded to do a cartwheel.

Someone who had been standing behind her scoffed in awe. Never had the guy seen such a girl get so excited and do such things. Especially over an internship.

Yein slowly turned around and saw a tall handsome guy who looked like a hobo at the same time. His clothes we're quite trashy and he had the whole rebel look, especially with that hair. She wondered why such a guy was inside the SBS building, the building that contained verious departments all of shows that aired on the SBS channel. Then she saw his nametag.

"Kim Myungsoo," She mumbled as she read his name and then looked back up at him surprised. "You're a worked at Inkigayo, the music show?"

Myungsoo scoffed with a smirk. "Congratulations on your internship. But if you're going to be this weird all the time you should just give it up. Our leader doesn't like people like you."

Yein slowly nodded and felt emberrassed that he saw her earlier. She quickly bowed, not wanting to start of Bad with her senior. "Sorry," She mumbled. "I just got a little too excited.

Myungsoo sighed and said, "Be more careful next time."

Before Yein could say anything esle the tall guy walked away, leaving her standing there confused as to what just happened.

~~

 Myungsoo walked over to his work area where he saw Taecyeon talking on the phone. Taecyeon let out a sigh and hung up.

"What is it?" Myungsoo asked as he took a seat at his desk next to him.

"Nothing really."

Myungsoo raised an eyeborw and shook his head. "What's wrong?"

"Krystal is coming," Taecyeon said and shrugged. "Nothing real big, but you know how she likes to pick on different departments and then go out and rat them out to her dad like the snob she is. I think she's worse than half the idols I've met all put together."

Myungsoo chuckled at Taecyeon's hate for idols. He hated all idols, saying how they were stuck up and snobby. Myungsoo couldn't argue much since a lot of idols they had met while working as PD''s at Inkigayo were quite snobby. But if there was anything Taecyeon hated more, it was Krystal Jung.

Krystal Jung was the rich heir to SBS along with her older sister Jessica. But Jessica was much bubblier and ofter aboard who knows where doing who knows what. Probably dealing with fashion.

Anyways, Krystal often came to the building to see what some workers were doing wrong and then reported it to her father, often resulting in someone getting fired. She was quite a snob. Always using her father's power, doing wherever she wanted, escaping from the law.

Myungsoo had never really met her properly before, only seen her from afar. The circumstances never allowed it. But Taecyeon had witnessed her snobbiness upclose and had almost gotten fired because of it.

"Everyone, she's coming!" Someone suddenly yelled making everyone start working hard and panic.

Myungsoo looked up and saw how it was Soojung, also knows as Baby Soul, one of the news reporters in the news department. Myungsoo wondered what she was doing in the variety departmemt, but decided not to question things and just got working.

"Eunji, who's that?"

Myungsoo turned around and saw a tall beautiful girl standing at the enterance wearing the latest fanshion. She removed her big sunglasses and pointed to one of the workers at the back. Her assistant that was with her looked over and said, "That's Sulli, worker at Law of the Jungle."

"Fire her," Krystal said and moved on.

"Excuse you," Myungsoo started saying as he stood up before getting pulled down by Taecyeon. "How can you just treat people like that?"

"There he goes again," Leo, their boss, said as he shook his head.

 Krystal stopped in her tracks and turned around she looked around and when her eyes landed on Myungsoo who was struggling to get out of Taecyeon's grip, she titled her head and raised an eyebrow.

"Who is that?' Krystal asked.

"Kim Myungsoo. PD at Inkigayo," her assistant Eunji said. "He's been working here for a year now."

"Why haven't I ever seen him before?" Krystal asked as Myungsoo finally escaped Taecyeon's grasp.

"I guess he's never been here when we've come," Eunji said as she eyed Myungsoo suspiciously. Now that she thought about it, she never really did see him around much. It was her job to memorize everyone and everything as Secretary for Kystal, but she vaguely remembered Myungsoo.

Myungsoo stood there looking at Krystal, waiting for her to fire him like she did to Sulli. Instead she just stared at him with no real expression before she her heels and started walking away.  "Let's go."

Eunji glanced at Myungsoo before she turned around and chased after Krystal. When the two girls were out of the building Eunji finally let her serious face drop and exchanged it for an annoyed one.

"What was that about?" Eunji asked with a scoff. "Do you know him?"

Krystal's face softened and she shook her head. "No, I just... I just couldn't fire him."

"Why?" Eunji asked as the two headed to the news department. "I don't really know. When's Key coming?"

Eunji was taken back by the sudden question and change in topic. She quickly dug through her notes and said, "One hour and thirteen minutes."

Krystal sighed and stopped in her steps. "Why does he even want to meet me in the first place? I've already told him millions of times, I'm not interested."

Eunji shrugged. "He must really be in love."

Kibum, also known as Key, was the rich heir to KBS. One day he and Krystal met by chance and he chased after her ever since. He was quite cold and rude, but she was his soft spot. She didn't really care or understand.

"Cancel it," Krystal said and walked away.

Eunji opened but shut it and took out her company phone. Being Krystal's secretary wasn't easy. She was lucky Krystal liked her.

"Hello?" Eunji heard Key answer.

"Krystal is cancelling the meeting," Eunji spoke as serious as possible.

Eunji could feel his anger from the other side of the line. She wondered if she should just go ahead and hang up before he started cursing.

"I understand," Key said, very much to Eunji's surprise. Eunji stared at her phone for a while wondering if she dialed the wrong number by accident. His voice had sounded quite, mad? She didn't know. But it scared her.

He then hanged up and she let out a deep sigh. The things she had to do for Krystal.

From the other side Key was indeed furious. He threw the things off his desk and screamed in rage.

"When will that girl ever learn she can't avoid me forever," Key said as he stared off into nothing, eyes burning with furry.

Key loved Krystal. For ages. He wasn't raised in the best ways, but he had always lived in riches and luxury. When he was younger and met Krystal for the first time, he vowed to make her his wife, since she was the only thing that made him smile.

But she hated him now.

~~

 Seohyun hugged her jacket close as she felt the cold breeze. She was supposed to be at the coffee shop but left when she heard news that her sister ran away from home while she was at work.

The next door neighbor often took care of her sixteen-year-old sister, since she had a thing for running away, and this time somehow she managed to escape.

Seohyun couldn't blame her sister for leaving her with these conditions. They were poor and Seohyun was all her sister had, but she wanted to be free. Seohyun always worked hard to bring home food, but all her sister saw was a poor state she had to escape from.

"That little rascal," Seohyun mumbled under her breath as she entered her house.

Seohyun walked over to the kitchen and looked around to see if her sister had left any sort of note for her like usual. And she did.

Dear sister, Seohyun,

I can't live like this anymore. I'm going with my friend in Busan and living with her for the meantime. I'll work and study hard so I can get an education and later take us out of this poverty.

Goodbye, your lovely sister, Dahyun

Seohyun sighed and put the letter down. There really was nothing she could do. It's not like she could report it to the police and Dahyun was most likely fine. 

Seohyun grabbed her coat and walked out the door as she put it on. She started walking down the street, heading to the market to buy groceries.

Seohyun wondered how she would earn money to live on her own. The coffee shop didn't really pay much, and Dahyun had helped to maintain themselves by working too. What she had always feared the most suddenly came to her mind. She'd probably have to get a roommate.

"Watch out!" Someone yelled and she felt something hard slam into her body. With a loud thud she landed on the floor, someone on top of her.

"What th-"

Seohyun stopped when she saw the person above her, staring into her eyes. He wore a hat and dark clothes. A pair of glasses that must have belonged to him lied beside.

Funny thing was, she knew who this person was. "Yonghwa."

"Damn, you know me," he mumbled and quickly stood up. He helped her up, but she was still in a daze and kept staring at him. He grabbed his glasses and quickly put them on.

"I'm so sorry for bumping into you," Yonghwa said and Seohyun slowly nodded as she stared with awe. It wasn't everyday that someone just casually bumped into an idol. Especially an idol as famous as him.

"What's your name?" Seohyun snapped out of her thoughts and told him her name.

"Can you help me out?" He asked, and she swore he seemed desperate. There was this pleading in his eyes and so she nodded. "Can you help hide me?"

~~

Baekhyun stared at the person in front of him with awe. She was gorgeous. Never in his life had he seen such beauty.

"Baekhyun!" She yelled at him, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Huh?" He asked coming back to life.

s snickered beside him and Chanyeol patted his back.

"Are you paying attention?" Taeyeon, their new vocal trainer, asked.

It hadn't been long since she had become a vocal trainer at SM entertainment, and just today she had begun training the EXO members, including Baekhyun.

He had heard of the beautiful new vocal trainer from other people in the company, but it wasn't until now that he actually saw her. And boy was she an amazing beauty.

"I was trying to ask you what notes you could hit the best so I know where to start off.

Baekhyun slowly nodded as he went back into a daze.

"How old are you?" Chen asked as he raised his hand.

"Twenty-six," Taeyeon quickly said before turning her attention back to Baekhyun. "Are you paying attention?"

Baekhyun's eyes widened in shock. That beautiful creature was four years older than him? How was that possible? She looked so young and gorgeous.

"I don't know," Baekhyun said and Taeyeon sighed.

"This is going to take a long time," Taeyeon mumbled as she started to wonder why she became a vocal trainer in the first place.

Then she remembered how they only wanted her to become an idol in a girl group even though she wanted to be an artist and do the kind of music she wanted to. So she rebelled and became a vocal trainer.

Now she kind of regretted it and wondered if it was too late to go back. Especially with the way one of the kids, Baekhyun stared at her. She was starting to become uncomfortable and shifted in her spot.

"Noona," Sehun said as he raised his hand. "Is it okay if I call you noona?"

Taeyeon sighed. "Sure, go ahead since you already did."

Yup, this was going to be a very long day.


Okay, so in total I think fifteen of the thirty-two characters have been mentioned or introduced and only around twelve have been officially been introduced.

 

 

 

 

~Jackie