Rule #15

The Rules of Survival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rule #15: All guns are loaded.  Keep one on you.

 

Early Monday morning…

            Heechul stretched his arms out, inadvertently smacking Leeteuk in the face as he did and waking him, although he wasn’t sleeping very soundly.  He’d had a hard time falling asleep altogether.  His mind was abuzz with everything that had happened in the last day. 

            “I need to be off,” Heechul said, sitting up and running his hand through his hair, trying to tame the mess.  “If this all goes down in the morning as Max said, then I should try to get to the office before Siwon does.”

            Leeteuk sighed heavily.  “You’re in a dangerous position.  Siwon will be armed.”

            “So will I,” Heechul said, looking down at his lover and smirking.

            Leeteuk narrowed his eyes at him.  “You’re going to sneak a weapon in?”

            Heechul shook his head.  “I don’t have to.  The idiot keeps a half dozen guns sitting around the office—in case he needs them—and they’re all loaded.  I know where they all are.”

            “Of course you do.”

            If President Choi was idiot enough to keep weapons sitting around the office, he had no doubt that his partner had tracked them all down in the half year he’d been working there.  Hell, he only needed fifteen minutes in Eunhyuk’s apartment to find all his and he had that barricaded like Fort Knox. 

            “I’m still worried though.”

            Heechul yawned and rubbed his eyes.  “Siwon will not live to see tomorrow.”

            “We’re supposed to apprehend him alive,” Leeteuk pointed out.

            Heechul shrugged.  “You know that R isn’t just going to let them handcuff him after what they did to Zhou Mi in China.  Not if he gets to him before Max does.  Hell, Victoria should be thankful that it was Max that apprehended her and not R or she’d be sitting six feet under currently as well.”

            “I don’t know if R would have been able to kill Vic.”

            “I think he would have,” Heechul said confidently.

            Leeteuk poked Heechul’s bare arm.  “You just remember your instructions.  You’re not to kill him either.”

            Heechul looked away.  “Yeah, yeah.  I heard them.”

            “Even if you are pissed than I almost got killed.”

            Heechul smirked, since he wasn’t facing his lover and the room was nearly pitch black.  “You know that I never hold grudges.”

            “You’re so full of .  Fifty years from now you’ll still be bringing up crap that bothered you from the first week we were working together.  You do it now,” Leeteuk grumbled.  “Do you want me to drive you back?”

            Heechul shook his head.  “Too risky if someone sees us together.”

            Leeteuk reached over and ran his hand up and down Heechul’s .  “I’m really loath to let you leave.  Part of me wants to lock you up to keep you from going back to that bastard.  I swear, if I hear about him touching you one more time, I might just strangle him myself.”

            Instead of getting up and getting dressed, Heechul rolled over and straddled Leeteuk.  “You make it hard to walk away…maybe I can wait just a little longer,” he said, bending down to connect his lips with Leeteuk’s.  Leeteuk reached up to cup his face and then slid his hands back into Heechul’s hair, lifting the strands out of his face.  He angled his head to the side so he could deepen the kiss, sweeping his tongue into his partner’s mouth. 

            Why had they waited until now to become involved?  They could have had this all along.  And it was incredible. 

 

            Kyuhyun watched Ryeowook fix his tie in the mirror.  He wasn’t happy until it looked perfect.  Then he slipped on his gun holder and took out the gun, checking it over and making sure that it was fully loaded, before he finally put on his navy colored suit jacket.  He turned to face his boyfriend, brows risen in question.  “How do I look?”

            “y!  Am I allowed to undress you now?” Kyuhyun asked, raking his eyes over Ryeowook from top to bottom.

            Ryeowook smacked him in the chest, lightly, with his good hand.  “Later.”

            “Can I ask you a question?”

            “What’s that?” Ryeowook asked, grabbing his cologne and putting some on.

            “Why the hell do you guys always dress up when it would be more practical to walk in there in fatigues or sweats or something?” Kyuhyun pointed out.  “It can’t be that easy to run around in dress shoes.  I tried it!”

            Ryeowook rolled his eyes.  “Fatigues?  That’s not very classy, is it?  We might not have official uniforms, since we’re considered spies, but we generally try to dress for the occasion.  And bringing down the biggest crime lord in South Korea calls for a suit and tie—at least—in my opinion.  Besides, this is my last official assignment, as promised.  I think I should do it in style.”

            Kyuhyun took a deep breath, trying to be patient with his lover.  “Never mind.  I see now that I was never going to get anywhere with this line of thinking.  You all apparently have your own way of doing things, even if it’s not very practical.”

            Ryeowook just laughed at this and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend, kissing him.  “I knew you’d understand.”

            “Right.  Just try not to get shot.  Again.  I’m going to be worried until you get back here.”  Kyuhyun kept his arms wrapped around his little agent, not willing to let him go yet.  It felt strange to have Ryeowook leaving to face Siwon without tagging along, but Max had refused to allow someone not involved in NIS to join them.  Instead, he was permitted to hang back at NIS Headquarters with the injured agents.  Kyuhyun pointed out that this should probably include Ryeowook as well, but was quickly hushed.  Apparently, even with his shooting hand bandaged, they still had a plan for him.  It probably wouldn’t be as dangerous as what some of the other agents would be doing, he assumed, but he still felt uneasy letting Ryeowook go.

            “Are you going to be okay walking away once Siwon is behind bars?”

            “Behind bars?” Ryeowook questioned.

            Kyuhyun’s brows furrowed as he looked at Ryeowook.  “Isn’t that what you’re trying to do?  Capture Siwon so that he’ll stand trial for what he’s done?”

            “Ah…” Ryeowook responded with a knowing smile.  “You assumed that when we spoke of apprehending Siwon that we all intended to bring him in alive.  I can guarantee you, now that NIS has been given permission to bring him in, most of us won’t bother bringing him in alive.  We’ll try to get him to shoot so we can kill him outright.”

            Kyuhyun’s jaw dropped.  “What?”

            “I’ll be damned if I’m leaving it up to the justice system to decide how many years he gets and potentially mess it up or to risk him eventually escaping.  Better just to kill him now and have it done with.  We know he’s a danger to society and he’s already killed at least one agent.  We won’t risk him hurting any more people down the line.”

            “But won’t you guys be putting yourself in danger by forcing him into a gunfight?” Kyuhyun pointed out.

            Ryeowook waved his bandaged hand in front of Kyuhyun.  “Nah, we all shoot better than him.”

            “You’re injured!” Kyuhyun pointed out, his voice rising with his worry over their unspoken plan.

            “I can outshoot him with my left hand, too.  Quit worrying.  I’ll be fine,” Ryeowook assured him, kissing him again. 

            “Are you insane?” Kyuhyun asked.  “You think I’m not going to worry after you admit that you’re purposely going to make sure that Siwon pulls his gun so that you have an excuse to kill him?”

            “It will probably be one of the others anyway,” Ryeowook pointed out.

            “Ryeong!”

            Ryeowook laughed again.  “Now you know why I avoided being in relationships while being an agent.  I knew if someone actually cared about me, they’d flip out on me about it.”

            “If they didn’t, they clearly don’t care enough,” Kyuhyun pointed out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter