Rule #13

The Rules of Survival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rule #13: Never settle for second best.  You know you deserve only the finest.

 

            Ryeowook walked into the dining room, where Kyuhyun was sitting at the table, working on decoding the disc, and leaned against the doorframe to watch him.  After a couple minutes, Kyuhyun finally looked up from his work. 

            “You’re content just to stand there and watch?” he questioned, his brows rising as he glanced at his new lover. 

            “Not at all,” Ryeowook remarked, walking over to him and eventually coming to rest behind his new boyfriend, watching his progress from over his shoulder.  He gently touched Kyuhyun’s shoulders and began to rub them.  “In fact, I’m a little jealous of your laptop at the moment.  I want your hands on me instead.”

            Kyuhyun laughed at this and reached up to pat Ryeowook’s arm.  “I hate to tell you this, but this will probably always be an issue.  I’m constantly on my computer.”
            Ryeowook bent down to whisper into his lover’s ear.  “No it won’t.  I can lure you away from it without a problem.  But currently I’m being paid to make sure you decode the disc, which is the only reason I’m not dragging you back to the bedroom as we speak.”

            “You sound pretty confident about this!”

            “I am,” Ryeowook insisted, letting his hand wander.  He nuzzled against Kyuhyun’s neck, inhaling the lingering scent of the lavender soap he’d used, and kissed his cheek.  His hand skimmed over Kyuhyun’s chest until his new boyfriend took a deep breath and grabbed onto Ryeowook’s arm, pulling him into his lap. 

            Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Ryeowook and bent his head down to kiss him hard, unable to hide the rush of excitement he felt at having Ryeowook so eager to be with him, especially after their rough start.  What began as simply an impassioned kiss, quickly turned heated as Ryeowook began nipping his lower lip and reaching down to brush his hand against Kyuhyun’s .  Groaning in frustration, Kyuhyun pushed his laptop away and then lifted Ryeowook up onto the edge of the solid oak table.  He eased between Ryeowook’s legs and pushed their hips together, forcing a high-pitched whine out of his lover. 

            Kyuhyun broke away from the kiss and pulled off his t-shirt.  “, I already want you again.”

            Ryeowook laughed at this and bit his lip as he began to run his hands over Kyuhyun’s exposed skin.  “I shouldn’t be distracting you.”

            “You’d have to tie me up to keep me from touching you,” Kyuhyun said, reaching for the hem of Ryeowook’s shirt to remove it as well.  “Which won’t get me very far in decoding the disc either.”

            “Don’t give me ideas.  I think that’s what I’ll do the minute you’re done with the disc.  I won’t be sharing you with anyone or anything then,” Ryeowook informed him, grasping Kyuhyun’s hips and pulling him closer.  “Once we arrest Siwon, I’m taking a very long vacation with you here.”

            “Are you going to imprison me here as your love slave?”

            “Do you have some objection to this?”

            Kyuhyun captured Ryeowook’s lips once again as he began to work on removing his jeans.  “Hell no,” he murmured against his lips. 

 

            Choi Siwon had impeccable taste.  Heechul always knew that he lived the high life, always knew that he only ate at the very best restaurants whenever he was entertaining his biggest business partners, and he’d brought Heechul to one of the most exclusive restaurants in Seoul.  Their dinner was likely to cost more than Heechul’s monthly rent—the rent at his real apartment and not at the one he was currently staying at for show to fool Choi’s men, which was much nicer than where his alias, Miss Soojin Kim, lived—so he took his time to savor every single mouthful.  The champagne they were sipping on was the best he’d ever tasted.  He was afraid of spilling even a drop of it, wondering how much money that would waste. 

            More importantly, Heechul wanted to enjoy this dinner because it was quite possible that he wouldn’t have many more left to eat in this world.  If just one thing went wrong—if Kangin was able to get word back to Siwon that he worked for NIS or Siwon figured out that it was Heechul that helped the agents get into the building with Leeteuk—then he was too damn close to the crime lord not to be in serious danger.  All Siwon would need to do is call him into his office and shoot him. 

            Every day, Heechul had to walk through metal detectors into work.  There was no means of sneaking a gun or knife in with him for self-defense.  Heechul’s best defense at this point was his brains, but that would only get him so far if Siwon discovered the truth.

            The hard part was not acting nervous around his boss.  In order to loosen himself up, he drank a little more than he should have.  But the president didn’t seem to notice.  In fact, he seemed a little distracted himself.

            “Is something wrong?” Heechul finally asked, halfway through eating his dessert. 

            Siwon sighed heavily.  “I have a lot going on at the moment.  Not all aspects of the business are running as smoothly as I’d like them to.  I was hoping to avoid stepping in to take care of it personally, but I think it’s unavoidable now.  I may have to leave Seoul for an extended period of time to look over some of my oversea business ventures.”

            Damn.  This wasn’t what Heechul was expecting to hear.  If Siwon left the area, he could continue to run the Omega Operation from a remote location, but he would be nearly untouchable to NIS.  “Couldn’t you send someone in your steed?”

            Siwon shook his head.  “As much as I’d prefer it, I’m afraid not.  I need to make sure these matters get cleared up personally and my vice-president is more than capable of handling the Choi Corporation in Seoul and keeping me informed of operations remotely.”

            “I will do whatever he needs to be of assistance to him,” Heechul offered.

            There was a long silence and Siwon sat back in his seat and stared across the table in the dim light of the room.  Heechul took a bite of his cheesecake, but then felt the weight of Siwon’s stare on him and looked over at him.  When their eyes connected, Siwon finally sighed heavily and stood up, rounding the table until he was standing besides Heechul’s chair.  He crouched down next to him and then reached over to lightly touch Heechul’s cheek. 

            “I want you to come with me.”

            Heechul’s eyes widened and his heart began to race.  Of course, they couldn’t afford to lose track of Choi Siwon if they wanted to take down the Omega Operation and if Siwon wanted his secretary to come with him to another country to hide out, this would guarantee that they wouldn’t lose their chance to capture him.  But that would put Heechul in even more danger than he already was.  He would be completely at the mercy of one of the most dangerous men in the entire world. 

            “Soojin,” Siwon softly began, having never addressed his secretary so informally before, “I can’t leave Seoul without you.  Promise that you’ll come with me.”

            Heechul opened his mouth, unsure how to answer.  The moment Siwon found out he was a man, the ruse would be over.  He’d been playing hard to get with his boss for months—ever since he’d gotten the position of secretary—and this had only fueled his boss’s desire for him more and more over time.  The most influential man of Seoul did not like to believe that there was something completely unattainable to him.  He was never rejected by any other woman.  Indeed, they typically threw themselves at him, whether or not they knew what he really was.  All they saw was the lifestyle this man could give them: the money, the houses, the vacations, the jewelry, the status. 

            Had Heechul meet someone like this, someone driven and work oriented, and who wanted to sweep him off his feet, he would hardly be able to resist him.  The man was beyond temptation.  But Heechul knew the root of all his money and status.  He knew that he’d reached this height through the pain and suffering of other people.  How could he ever admire someone for that?  How could he fall for someone that could bear to hurt so many people? 

            “President Choi—”

            “Siwon,” he insisted.

            “Siwon,” Heechul said, his voice quiet as he avoided looking directly at him.  “This is my home.  I don’t think I could leave Seoul.”

            S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter