Five

Unsent Letters

Wonwoo stares at the male in front of him as he process the words. Mingyu is sick? He didnt hear that wrong, did he?

 

Of course not, Wonwoo says in his head as he laughs. Of course Junhui didnt just say--

 

"Mingyu is sick, Wonwoo. Why on earth are you laughing?" Junhui says, with a look on his face. You know that look your friends give you when you say something incredibly dumb? Yeah, that look.

 

Snapping out from his thoughts, he smiles sheepishly, completely embarrassed. He's not entirely sure whether he's ready to know how sick the younger is, but he asks anyway, "How bad is he?"

 

"Pretty bad. He cant even get out of bed." A new voice says, and in a very confused state, Wonwoo shifts his gaze and sees Jihoon standing beside Junhui. Woah, how long has he been standing there? Wonwoo decides its wiser to not ask unless he wants to be hit by a guitar.

 

Junhui nods and smiles sadly, "Yeah, its abit sad to see him in that state. He's normally so cheerful and bright but now he's just.. lying there. Like, all the colours have been out of his soul."

 

"Poor kid looks like he has given up hope to survive." Jihoon adds and Wonwoo feels a pang in his chest. One of the things Wonwoo knows very well about Mingyu, is that the younger doesnt give up easily. He had always been the type to encourage the others to strive forward and never lose hope. Wonwoo might not openly admit this, but Mingyu's the reason he made it this far in his studies. He feels like a total now.

 

Before Wonwoo has chance to say anything, Junhui huffs and says, "But damn, he's kinda hard to handle when he's sick. He gets so pissy and grumpy. And not too mention, demanding too. Like, Mingyu better be thankful he's sick because if he wasnt, I would have shoved him into a bush or something."

 

Jihoon bursts out laughing while Wonwoo furrows his eyebrows, "Thats not a very nice thing to say to a sick person."

 

"Yeah I know. But I'm sure you know how he gets when he's sick."

 

And Wonwoo smiles, because he does know. He knows it too well. Thats why each time Mingyu gets sick, Wonwoo would always be the one taking care of him. But not anymore, the voice in his head says.

 

Jihoon puts a hand on Junhui's shoulder as he says, "Dont worry, bro. Its just a fever, he'll get better soon."

 

What?

 

Wonwoo blinks as he takes the previous statement in. "You mean, he's sick with a fever only?"

 

"Fever and a cold." Junhui corrects, before he proceeds to glare at him and whines, "And what do you mean 'only'? Do you even know how hard has it been for me? I had to do everything myself because Seokmin and Junghan are always out on their dates."

 

Jihoon opens his mouth to say something, only to be interrupted by Junhui as he holds up a hand, "The boy cries, guys. I had to keep an eye on him while he tried to sleep last night, just in case he wanted to throw up or something and all of a sudden, he's crying. Not as in shedding a few tears, but as in sobbing. Bawling his eyes out. I was so freaked out, I didnt know what to do."

 

"When that happens, just cuddle with him." The words are out before his brain could even filter them and at this point, Junhui and Jihoon are gaping at him. Wonwoo clears his throat, "Um, he gets kinda sensitive when he's sick so when he ends up crying like that, just give him a bear hug or cuddle with him. Whichever makes you sleep better at night."

 

"Wow," Jihoon breathes. "You're too good at this."

 

"But anyway, you guys should have told me earlier it was just a fever." Wonwoo exasperates as he slaps Junhui's chest. "Do you have any idea how worried I was?"

 

Junhui smirks as he raises his eyebrows, "Oh, really?" The hint of amusement can be heard. "Thats pretty funny, coming from someone who's been avoiding Mingyu for almost an entire year."

 

Jihoon chokes on his drink while Wonwoo blinks a few times, taken aback at the sudden remark. He opens his mouth to say something, only to close it again because what was he supposed to say anyway?

 

Junhui shrugs, "He told me in the midst of his breakdown yesterday. He hasnt been mentioning you for the past two months, but he really miss you. So I hope you both work things out or something."

 

Jihoon snickers, "Junhui, just admit you want to get him off your back." The said boy tries to hold back a smile but fails. "He's too clingy."

 

Wonwoo and Jihoon share a look before they say in unison, "Minghao?"

 

"He's a different type of clingy."

 

"Or maybe you're just whipped." Jihoon mumbles under his breath, probably not meant for the other male to hear it but he does anyway.

 

"Hey! Dont think I havent seen you stealing glances at Seungcheol hyung." Junhui retorts and Jihoon's face heats up immediately.

 

Wonwoo laughs, "This is too funny to watch."

 

When he's done laughing, only then he realizes the amused look on his friends' face. "What?" He questions.

 

"You're one to talk." Jihoon accuses as he points a finger at him. "Everyone knows you only have your eyes on Mingyu."

 

"Thats not true! Oh my god, I hate you guys." Wonwoo says and has to hold back the urge to hit them. Like, do they even know what they're saying?

 

After Junhui's done dying, he adds playfully, "Dont worry bro, Mingyu's whipped for you too."

 

And Wonwoo doesnt hold back.

 

so the good news is mingyu doesnt die and he wont die because i cant handle character deaths either :( so i hope you guys like this chapter and wow i just love the comments i feel the love guys :') as usual, comments are appreciated hehehe.