One

Unsent Letters

Wonwoo is making himself a sandwich in the kitchen when he hears a knock on the front door. He opens the door with one hand and holds a plate full of sandwiches on the other, to see Seokmin standing on the other side with a grin on his face. "Hey hyung!" Seokmin greets and Wonwoo makes a face, "What do you want?"

 

Seokmin pretends to be hurt as he places a hand to where his heart supposedly is, "I didn't walk all the way here for this." Wonwoo snorts as he rolls his eyes, "Yeah, everyone knows you only come here for Soonyoung. He's not here, by the way."

 

Seungcheol, Wonwoo and Soonyoung are roommates but Seokmin can also be considered as one too since he's here all the time. Not that anyone's complaining.

 

Seokmin smiles sheepishly as he scratches the back of his neck awkwardly, "I suppose thats true... But yeah, I know he's not here. I came by to give this to you." He holds up a blue coloured box and Wonwoo swears he has seen this object somewhere before. He accepts it anyway and offers the younger a sandwich before he excuses himself.

 

Wonwoo plops on his bed and settles the box infront of him. He doesn't exactly remember where has he seen it but the sight of it makes him feel a little nervous. He doesnt hesitate to open it though but as soon as he does, he furrows his eyebrows in confusion as he stares at the contents; envelopes. Lots of them. He glances at every single one and notices that each envelope has his name written on them. Okay, now he's even more confused. Who even has the time to write all these? And why is he only receiving this now?

 

"Well, time to find out." He says to himself. He rips open the first envelope and before he even starts reading, his heart drops. He recognizes the very very familiar handwriting, which belongs to the one and only Kim Mingyu, his best friend. Or ex-bestfriend, whatever. Speaking of Mingyu, Wonwoo wonders how long has it been since he last talked to the younger, but he quickly shoves the thought away and diverts his attention back to the letter.

 

17th July 2014

Dear Wonwoo hyung, for the first time in our three four year friendship, I've decided to make some changes. I will no longer send you text messages at twelve midnight just to wish you on your birthday. I mean, its great being the first person to wish you but nah. Sleep is beautiful. I think it'll be more meaningful this way. Yaaay, how exciting! Hahahaha , it seemed like a pretty good idea but now that I'm actually doing it, its harder than I thought. My mind is blank, literally. But I shall not give up, since this is kinda fun and not to mention, I'm having a good time laughing on my own. I'm hilarious without even trying, how cool is that?! Well , weird friend you have here but I know you love me anyway *inserts creepy smile*. Oh my goddd, I'm so sorry for being such a bad best friend. I'm supposed to wish you on this special day but look at me being a little . But you gotta admit, I am attractive. Okay crap, sorry, I should really start wishing you now. So, happy birthday my man! I hope you have blast today and may god bless you forever and always. Another year has passed by and wow, can you believe it? 4 years of weird and we're still going strong. I know I havent been the bestest friend as I should have been, but thank you for always being by my side. Sometimes I think you deserve better friends than the lame- piece of I am. But then again, I dont think I'd know how to function properly without you. Remember you said you hope our 'best friend forever' would last forever? I honestly really hope so too. I know our friendship consists of heavy sarcasm and insults but just so you know, I really love you man. Ugh, you know what, I dont think I'm giving this letter to you. Too much gay crap, I can already hear you laughing at me. But since I started this formally, might as well end it formally too right? So once again happy birthday Jeon Wonwoo! Since you're never going to read this, I love you to infinity and beyond the sun and not back, because if you love someone, why come back?

Yours truly, Kim Mingyu.

 

Wonwoo stares at the letter in his hands and blinks a few times. According to the date, this was written on his birthday last year but why didnt Mingyu give this to him? He remembers receiving a text message an hour past midnight that day and remembers being sulky because Mingyu wasnt the first few to wish him. Was he late because he wrote this letter? Wonwoo decides it doesnt matter anymore and puts it aside before reaching for another one.

 

23rd September 2014

Dear Wonwoo hyung, I never thought I'd be doing this again but here I am, writing you another letter that you'll probably never read. Anyway, today you told me that you were no longer interested in taking up the Sport major in the university we were going to enroll in. Instead, you wanted to take up Performing Arts and Music and that's totally cool, yknow? Since you're surprisingly good at those stuffs. But I couldnt help but feel a little dishearten because we've been planning and wanting this for way too long and out of the blue, you had a change of mind. Its only normal for me too feel this way, I guess. I mean, I always knew you werent an athletic person but I didnt really expect you to back out so suddenly either. But on the bright side, at least we'll still see each other in campus right? I suppose I'm just really worried about our friendship since we're going to have different schedules and all. I'm just hoping it doesnt effect our friendship.

Yours truly, Kim Mingyu.

 

okay so the first chapter is up! im sorry if its awkward and all since i havent been writing that much recently. please forgive me! i hope i get my writing vibes back soon though but anyway i hope you all like this chapter :))