Four

Unsent Letters

"Somebody please save me." Wonwoo says as he tugs on his own hair and slams his head on the table. Class had ended hours ago and he wanted to do nothing more than return to his dorm room and sleep because his brain is too exhausted.

 

But instead, he's here. He's at the cafe near the campus that the squad likes to go to. To make things worse, he's sitting in between Jisoo and Junghan. The couple keeps whispering supposedly sweet things to each other and all the skinship makes Wonwoo very uncomfortable and he wants to disappear because he's in between them and he can see and hear everything going on between these two.

 

Wonwoo doesnt know what has he done in his past life to deserve this. Its not that he's againts them or anything, but he's just so tired, every little thing is starting to irritate him;

 

The sight of Seokmin and Soonyoung feeding each other makes him roll his eyes so hard, he's surprised they arent stuck or something.

 

Minghao and Junhui laughing over a joke he doesnt understand because their speaking in Chinese.

 

Seungkwan and Jihoon singing a duet on the mini stage found in the cafe.

 

Seungcheol fiddling his phone. Like bro, you're the one who invited us out. Put the goddamn thing away and interact with us. Quit being so anti-social.

 

Hansol has his eyes glued to the flat-screen television on the wall watching who knows what with a small smile on his face and-- good heavens, is that Phineas and Ferb?

 

And Chan slurping on his drink. Wonwoo doesnt know why he's irritated at him though because seriously, the kid is practically just enjoying his drink.

 

Wonwoo groans in frustration because why did he choose this group of people to be his friends in the first place? He loves them, he really does but at times like this, he thinks its time to make new friends.

 

But in the midst of all this, something feels off. Normally he would be on his feet, being very cautious and always looking around his surroundings. However, he seems surprisingly at ease today. It doesnt take him long to figure it out;

 

Mingyu.

 

Wonwoo would normally be busy looking out and avoiding the younger. Because the latter simply tried to talk to him at every chance he gets and no, Wonwoo doesnt want to let that happen. The last time they had a group dinner like this, was on New Years. But as much as he feels at ease, the younger's absence makes him feel a little anxious because Seungcheol wouldnt take a no for an answer on occasions like this.

 

And speaking of Mingyu, Wonwoo hasnt seen him around for a few months now. He mentally high-fives himself. All the hard work finally paid off. How can anyone be so good at avoiding someone? He deserves an award. Maybe he should also be a secret agent. But as much as he's happy about his accomplishment, he cant help but worry, what if something had happened to him?

 

Then it hits him like a brick; Hyung, I think there's something very wrong with me...

 

Wonwoo bites his lower lip, nothing bad could have happened right? Shaking his head, he shoves the thought away. No way. Perhaps Mingyu is running late. Yeah, he'll be here.

 

An hour passes by, the main food course ends, the desserts are out and oh, strawberry ice cream, Mingyu's favourite. Soon, everyone's taking their turns singing their heart out and they chatter away for another few more hours. And by the end of the night, as it is almost fifteen minutes before eleven, there is still no signs of Mingyu.

 

Wonwoo feels a churn in his stomach, because oh god, what if something really did happen to him?

 

He walks up to Junhui, who seems to be busy handling a drunk Minghao. He taps on the other's shoulder, "Junhui?"

 

The said boy turns around and smiles, "Oh, hey man." Wonwoo glances at the drunk boy in his arms and smiles apologetically.

 

Junhui lightly laughs, "Dont worry about him. What's up?"

 

Wonwoo hesitates for a few seconds before he asks, "Um, where's Mingyu?"

 

The reaction he receives makes him even more nervous because now, Junhui is looking at him with a surprised expression on his face. He narrows his eyes and leans closer as he says softly, "You dont know?"

 

"....No?" Wonwoo whispers back.

 

"No one told you?"

 

"Told me what?" Why are they even whispering anyway?

 

Junhui presses his lips together before he passes the-now-sleeping Minghao to Seungcheol and sighs as he turns back to face Wonwoo.

 

"Wonwoo," he begins and the said boy holds his breath, because with the look on Junhui's face, he's not even sure whether he wants to know anymore.

 

And as soon as the words slips out of Junhui's lips, Wonwoo's heart sinks to the ground.

 

"Mingyu is sick."

 

so..... IM SO SORRY PLEASE DONT KILL ME YET. y'all will finally get to know and hear more about mingyu the next chapter. if would be highly appreciated if you guys can be patient and read all the way.... but anyway, comments are appreciated hehe :)