Three

Unsent Letters

If Wonwoo could turn back time, if there's a specific day he could return to, it would be the day he was forced to kiss Mingyu. He wasnt clueless, he knew Seungkwan had planned it with Jisoo because he had overheard their conversation a few days before it happened. But he shrugged it off, thinking of it as a joke.

 

However, when he was talking to Mingyu that Christmas night, he distantly noticed the others have been giving them looks for awhile now. He tried to ignore them but the more they kept looking, the more uncomfortable he got. He could tell Mingyu had noticed too because his voice was getting softer and softer, to the point it was barely audible.

 

"Oh my god, what are you all looking at?" He snapped, not taking it anymore. "What's so interesting?"

 

Seungkwan smirked, as he pointed to the top of the doorway. And thats when he found himself standing under the mistletoe. And thats when he also realized, it wasnt a joke. "You have got to be kidding me." He muttered under his breath, because seriously? Not that he had anything againts Mingyu or anything, but the poor kid hasnt even had his first kiss yet. And why would he want to kiss his best friend?

 

But of course, despite all the protests, Seungkwan and Jisoo werent going to let them off until they kissed. So long story short, he does end up kissing Mingyu (with Jisoo forcefully holding their heads together). And he swears after all of this is over, he will murder those two in their sleep.

 

But he doesnt, because life would be boring without them.

 

17th January 2015

Dear Wonwoo hyung, today was the day you started lying to me. You havent been returning any of my calls or text messages and when I asked about them earlier this evening, you told me you didnt receive any of them. I had my doubts because seriously, I sent you almost seven texts and called you five times and you're telling me none of them reached you? So while you went to the washroom, I looked through your logs and was disappointed to see that you did receive my calls. But that couldnt compare to the heart sinking feeling I felt moments later. I also found out you received my texts, all seven of them apparently. Realizing you lied to me, my mood dropped and I just went back to my dorm after that. So when you called me half an hour ago, I decided I didnt want to talk to you for the rest of the night.

Yours truly, Kim Mingyu.

 

Wonwoo dryly laughs, because a) Mingyu was snooping through his phone and he didnt even know. B) He also didnt know Mingyu found out he lied, so that explains why Mingyu was gone when he came out of the washroom and c) he feels kinda bad about it now, though he's not entirely sure why he did it. Back then, it just felt like it was better to just leave them that way.

 

13th February 2015

Dear Wonwoo hyung, you have no idea what I found out today! Soonyoung hyung and Seokmin have been dating for the past few weeks! That explains all the midnight calls Seokmin has been getting. How about you, hyung? Did you know? Did Soonyoung hyung tell you? Woah, who would have thought those two would end up dating. So, what's up hyung? We havent been hanging out for awhile now but thats okay, since you said you wanted to get to know your roommates better. But I kinda miss you hyung. I know you're busy but I'm sure it wouldnt hurt to spare me some time too, right? Just, ring me up or something when you can. I'll be waiting.

Yours truly, Kim Mingyu.

 

26th March 2015

Dear Wonwoo hyung, so apparently waiting for you was useless. You never bothered to call or even drop me a text for almost five weeks. I know you're spending time and having lots of fun with your new friends and well, not that its a bad thing but it kinda feels like you're forgeting about me, yknow? Throught out this entire week, I tried to invite you out but you turned down each invitation. I understand, maybe you were too busy and tired. So I tried texting you instead, but you kept responding with short replies, sometimes I dont even know how to keep the conversation going. Like, what the hell, man? And as if its not hard enough for me, I sometimes see you walk the other way or sprint of to another direction when our paths are to cross. Seriously? What was that all about? I get the urge to ask you but each time I do, somehow you always come up with an excuse to not answer the question. I cant believe I'm saying this, but for the first time in our friendship, I've never been so upset with you.

Yours truly, Kim Mingyu.

 

Wonwoo is about to reach for another one when his bedroom door opens and Soonyoung peeks his head in, "Wonwoo, in case you havent notice, its already past three in the afternoon. If you dont leave now, you're going to be late for class." Wonwoo glances at the clock on his bedside table and pursues his lips, realizing how late he's going to be. He thanks the boy and tells him, "Seokmin was here earlier."

 

Soonyoung rolls his eyes and lightly chuckles, "Isnt he always? And wow, thats alot of love letters you got there." He points to the pile of opened envelopes which  Wonwoo's face instantly heats up to and before he even gets a chance to say anything, the former laughs heartily, "Bro, I'm just kidding but you should have seen the look on your face. And oh? Are you blushing?"

 

"S-shut up. You know nothing."

 

Soonyoung makes an amused face as he continues to tease, "Aw, our Wonwoo is blushing. I wonder who might this person be." And manages to dodge the flying pillow thrown at him. Wonwoo can hear his laughter all the way down the hallway. What a . Wonwoo scrunches up his nose as he opens the next envelope. Why was Soonyoung even in his room in the first place anyway?

 

....Oh right, class.

 

Wonwoo immediately scrambles to his feet and runs across the room to get his stuffs and just before he leaves his room, he sees the first few words of the letter;

 

Dear Wonwoo hyung, I think there's something very wrong with me....

 

another chapter update guysss! i read the comments and seriously, you guys are too adorable. im very sorry for the cliffhanger hehehe. i cant exactly tell you guys anything about mingyu yet because i dont want to spoil the story to you guys. thank you for being patient and bearing with me. comments are appreciated! :)