Birthday

Scandal

Jaesuk glanced through the notifications on his phone. His phone constantly vibrating due to the birthday texts swarming in.Tomorrow is his birthday.His friends and family had already been sending him their early wishes.

"Happy Birthday To My Jaesuk Hyung! I love you so much hyung! I've prepared something special for you! Are you able to make it at my place tomorrow night? See you hyung!" Jaesuk read an expected text from Kwangsoo.He smiled eagerly. Kwangsoo always had the best birthday suprise for Jaesuk. Every year without fail, he would throw a birthday party just for his beloved hyung showering him with presents. Jaesuk recalled his previous birthday party with his dongsaeng as he replied to the texts one by one. 

-

14 August

"Happy birthday to you~" they sang in a hearty melodious tone.His wife and son sat before him as they gleefully sang, a birthday cake seperating them.They both leaned in and gave a smooch on Jaesuk's cheeks as soon as they finished.He felt moved, close to tearing up.

"Thank you sweetheart, Jiho-ya ,for getting daddy a cake and celebrating my birthday today." he felt the tears welling-up as he spoke.Their faces were beaming with satisfaction with a wide smile spread across their faces. Jaesuk treasured moments like this. Very rarely do they get to gather and spend time together due to his busy schedule.He grinned and watched his family silently while eating a slice of his cake. 

"Have fun at Kwangsoo's place tonight but don't be back too late alright?" she murmured.

Kwangsoo's Place

"Kwangsoo-ya, it's me." Jaesuk punched the security numbers to Kwangsoo's house. 

"Come in hyung."

Jaesuk entered Kwangsoo's place. 

His face lit up as he is greeted by colourful balloons drifting aimlessly on the floor.He felt excited as he slowly crept towards the living room revealing multi-coloured banners and decorations all over. He looks in awe at Kwangsoo who just finished placing the huge coffee flavoured cake on the table. "Kwangsoo-ya did you do this all by yourself? Why do you put in so much effort?" he asked the single man who lived alone.Jaesuk noticed the bottles of alchohol at the side table. "Hyung, you and Jihyo noona mean a lot to me so I should through y'all a celebration right?" Kwangsoo smiled as he puts on a cute birthday hat on Jaesuk.

"Is she coming?" Jaesuk thought to himself.

"Kwangsoo-ya!" a familiar voice could be heard.

"Oh she's here," Kwangsoo rushed for the door as soon as he heard her.Jaesuk sat nervously on the edge of the sofa as he anticipates her. 

"Oh, Jihyo-ya." Jaesuk croaked as she entered the room.