Chapter 2

1 + 10

*Beep!Beep!Beep!Beep!* “Awhh~! Gyujin~!” Sunyoul whines for his roommate as the phone alarm constantly beeps, “can you turn off your alarm, please~!” Sunyoul turns over in his bed to face the wall as he waits for his roommate to turn off the alarm... But the alarm continues to beep.

“Gyujin?” there was no response, Sunyoul turns back around to face the ladder that leads up to Gyujin’s bed and tucks on his quilt that’s handing off his bed, but there was no weight on it so it fell of the top bunk.

“How is he already awake?” Sunyoul groans as he has to force himself out of bed to turn off the alarm.

Sunyoul turns off the alarm and cries when looking at the time “why six o’clock?” he throws the phone on the bed and steps down the ladder and walks out to the nearest bathroom to get ready since he can’t go back to bed now. He wiggles the door knob but it didn’t open.

“...Locked.”

But the thing is, the boys heard him complain about the alarm and locked the door straight away because there was already five of them in there getting ready.

 Sunyoul shrugs it off as he has already drained his energy from the alarm. Sunyoul is one of the last ones to wake up so he doesn’t know how the boys’ morning routine works. He heads to the upsides toilet instead of waiting, “someone better not be in here as well.”

Stomping his dead weight up, Sunyoul made it to the door and opens it with success.

....

“AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” a sharp squeal echoes through the house,

It took a while for Sunyoul to adjust what was going on,

“AHHH! OH MY GOD! SORRY! SORRY! SORRY! SORRY!” Sunyoul slams the door shut after walking in on Choonhee (that he completely forgot about) having a shower (that is made out of glass) and repeatedly apologising to her and falls on the floor in shock.

“What’s happened!?” Jun shouts when running out of the kitchen to the scene. Frighten Sunyoul crawls over to the fence to see Jun and the two oldest staring at him from the main room.

“Hyung~! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to~!” he cries. Jun sighs at Sunyoul’s hopelessness as he can assume what happened.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

At the dining table there was an awkward silence floating around Sunyoul and Choonhee making them both felt like suffocating when eating their breakfast.

Gyujin then walks out of the hallway with his bowl of cereal and sits beside Sunyoul on his left, one seat away from the edge.

“So guess what I heard about today?” Gyujin teases Sunyoul.

“Sto~p! I didn’t mean to okay... the bathroom here was locked” Sunyoul weakly points diagonally-right in front of him (near Choonhee who is eating her food) at the second door closest to the stair with loss of appetite.

“there was five of us in there, you really think we would let more in?”

“Aww” Sunyoul whines in doubt while pouting at his food. He can already tell that the guys are not going to let this go till the day he dies. As for Choonhee, she regrets the moment she agreed with Jun that night. She continues to eat her food while covering her face with her nearly air-dried long hair to hide her embarrassment red cheeks.

 

The boys slowly fill up table, but as always they are missing two.

“Where are the kids?” Jun wonders displeased,

“probably still sleeping like always” the red head on Choonhee’s right carelessly tells,

“great!” frustrated, Jun stands up from his food and paces up the stair to their room (which is next to Choonhee’s), “Wake up!” the boys all turn to face their room to listen to their everyday argument except for Wooshin and Wei as they continue to eat their breakfast casually.

Aww Hyung~!” the kids whine when Jun opens their blind causing them to silently have a fit in their beds from the blinding light that lit up their whole room,

are you guys bats or something!? Hurry up and get ready” the kids continue to whine and groan. Jun walks out panting from the struggle, “those two are hard work”

By hearing how they act, Choonhee expects six year olds to walk out of the room,

“go easy on them, Hyung. They’re only in the first grade, remember?” Jinhoo reminds, in a joking manner.

“They’re sixteen” Clearly she was wrong, “they need to start thinking for themselves... And there is no way I am going to let them embarrass me in front of the school board again!”

“yeah but, that wasn’t because they were late” Bitto reminds when eating a spoon full of his cereal.

“oh yeah, that’s right, because you were all involved as well” the awkward silence surrounded the table again as all the hard hitting memories come back to the boys that occurred nearly a year ago.

Choonhee looks at all of them through her hair and can see all their heads down. Very uncomfortable by the situation, Choonhee stands up and walks to the kitchen to wash her bowl and spoon.

Hwanhee and Xiao finally exit from their room all bubbly, “*Yawn* man, I had such a good sleep” Xiao stretches when walking down the stairs to the table while Hwanhee continues to walk to the kitchen.

“I wonder why” Wei sarcastically says with a smirk,

“I’m surprised that you managed to sleep through Sunyoul’s screaming this morning HAHA” Gyujin mentions once again and high-fives Kogyeol who’s sitting next to him,

“stop~! I wasn’t the only one who screamed anyway” Sunyoul says while pushing Gyujin with such effort that it didn’t affect him at all.

“What happened to Sunyoul?” Xiao tilts his head,

“Omo!” Hwanhee walks back into the dining room with his arm around the new comer, “who’s this?” Choonhee didn’t expect the weirdo to humiliate her like this, just because she didn’t tell him her name when they bumped into each other in the kitchen.

Hwanhee points at her like a kid while she pushes her lips together praying for this to be other.

 “She’s Choonhee. Don’t you remember the meeting yesterday?” Kuhn reminds Hwanhee.

While the boys and Jun are eating at the dining table, Jinhoo and Kuhn already finished their breakfast early so they can finish of some more work before heading off to uni.

“I swear he forgets every time someone new comes” Jinhoo adds, shaking his head.

“... Oh ah yeah, I remember” Hwanhee smiles as if he achieved something,

“ooh~, let me have a look of her!” Xiao bounces to Hwanhee in excitement and stomps in front of Choonhee when landing.

Choonhee looks straight at him, startled by his stomp. Frozen is the only word to describe Choonhee, completely speechless and parallelized by these sudden surprises that she might actually have a real heart attack. They both stared at each other’s eyes for three seconds before Xiao turns around to the others.

“ooh~ Pretty!” he says with such joy,

“Hey! Hurry up and eat before the boys leave you here!” Jun shouts, not because they will be late, but because they already broke their promise about keeping a ‘brother-sister relationship’ mindset.

The kids’ began to play-fight with each other when going into the kitchen.

“Don’t mind them, Choonhee. They still have minds of five year olds. That’s why we call them ‘kids’ ” Jinhoo tell to comfort her,

Choonhee nods and then speed walks to her room to grab her bag for school to prevent any more embarrassing moments for her.

Throughout her whole life, Choonhee never expected to meet boys that are so childish like they are, let alone live with them. Knowing that they are the same age as her can’t even make her head work properly.

 “Okay, hurry up guys, you only have 15 minutes left” Jun updates when coming out from the hallway after washing his bowl, making all the guys at the table end their chit-chat and prepare themselves for school.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The school students wait outside for the youngest to come out as Hwanhee calls for him. Xiao runs out of the house charging at Hwanhee and then started to walk properly after they collided together.

 “Bye, Hyung!” they all wave.

“See ya later! Don’t lose her!” Jun points at the boys but was secretly indicating it to the kids.

Luckily their school was only seven minutes away; it makes it easy for them to come on time, even when they’re running late.

“Oh Choonhee, you go to T.M as well, right?” Kogyeol turns around and starts walking backwards when making conversation with Choonhee,

“yeah” she mumbles,

“awesome”

“What class?” Wei began to be curious as well, while having his hands in his pockets. Choonhee felt uncomfortable by the sudden attention, so she only put her hand up in shape of a ‘d’, as her answer. They all lean their heads close to her to make out the shape,

 “...D?” Hwanhee guesses, Choonhee nods in embarrassment. D is the lowest class, she has been in the lowest classes, ever since she lost her parents she had to have multiple jobs to pay off the house’s monthly fees by working everyday for long hours. She has quit two jobs now and she is only working at the cafe nearby the school three days a week for four hours.

“Haha! Xiao! She’s in our class!” Choonhee eyes widen but the unfortunate ‘fate’ that she has with those two. She regularly ignores her surrounds when at school to focus on school work because that was the only time she can.

“haha good luck, Choonhee” Gyujin jokes, but she needs it anyway for what’s to come.