Chapter 1

1 + 10

“Are you should this is what you want to do?” …

“I just have one more question… do you wish to change your name?”

“Family meeting!” Jun demands when he walks into the living room where only four of the guys are lazing around.

“ ‘Family meeting’? Why?”  Jinhoo asks while Wooshin rests his legs rest on top of him while scrolling through his phone,

“I’ll say when everyone arrives,” Jinhoo nods in response.

 

It took a while for everyone to come because they were all sleeping, even though it’s nearly seven in the afternoon.

“What took so long?” Jun complains at the 6 bed head boys,

“sorry Hyung, we’re just exhausted from all of the mid-term exams today” Sunyoul pouts while rubbing his sleepy eyes,

“Ah okay, anyway tonight we are having someone new moving in” the boys all stare at him as their wait for more information.

“Her name is Choonhee and she will be here at eleven”

“Huh!” they all jump up in surprise.

The boys live in a Boys’ House run by Jun. Jun created the Boys’ House for those that have nowhere else to go or need a fresh start, it have been three years since someone new has moved in.

“A girl is moving in!”

“Hyung, don’t you remember this is a Boys’ House” Wooshin reminds Jun, but already knows that.

“Just hear me out, she’s has been living by herself for two years with no Girls’ House available for her. She has been through the same situation as most of you... And she’s fifth-teen” the whole house went quite. When the boys came it was all at different times and at different ages, from 5 to 16.

 

“Okay Hyung... Okay”

“Thank you... And another thing, no one can know about her moving in. The government and council don’t know about this, and will not except this if they find out, if they do... There will be no more Boys’ House”

“Hyung, it’s alright. You can trust us” the oldest informs and the boys supported it.

“So Hyung...” the youngest speaks, “... Is she pretty?” the two kids move their heads closer to Jun with wide grins. But Jun’s face fired up,

“Are you crazy! How can you change the topic like that?!”

“It was too serious” Xiao pouts and Jun sighs.

“And another thing I like to add: The moment Choonhee walks into this house she will become your sister, like how you all are like brothers to each other” the kids whine,

“okay Hyung let me clarify something. You know you can trust Hwanhee and Xiao with the secret... But are you sure you can trust them with Choonhee?” Bitto questions since Xiao and Hwanhee are the trouble makers.

“Let’s just say, it took me a long time to convince myself that” the boys laugh.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The clock strikes 10: 50 and Jun parks in front of Choonhee’s apartment building. From memory Choonhee said she would be coming back from work around this time, so Jun waits in the car until she arrives.

A few minutes later in the dead slight street Jun spots a deflated figure approaching the building, and Jun gets out of the car with the instinct that it’s Choonhee.

“Oh! Mr. Yook” the figure murmured,

“haha, just call me Jun, it’s more comfortable that way” he tells, “do you have your belonging packed already?” Choonhee nods slightly. Jun smiles and insists to help her carry them down to the car.

Choonhee was silent on the way to the Boys’ House and avoided communicating with Jun, whenever he brought up a conversation she would continue to look out the window.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After a 20 minute drive they arrive at the Boys’ House. Jun parks in the drive way next the same Hyundai Sonata except a beautiful white instead of blue. Choonhee’s eyes were glued to the house. The house is tall and long two-story with a balcony that you are able to see over the others houses roofs.

 “It’s nice” Choonhee whispers softly when admiring the house,

“We got it renovated about a month ago so it’s a lot bigger than before with a modern design. You know there use to be only two rooms, so when the tenth boy came there were five in each room and I slept on the couch” they continue to talk about the house while taking Choonhee’s suitcase out from the backseat.

“Wow, it must of been really small back then” Jun agreed,

“yeah, it took a long time too. Imagine ten boys in two motel rooms for half a year... Complete nightmare” and told her that they used to have a lot of land to run around in, but when they got older they didn’t use it anymore and needed more indoor space. The house now has seven rooms, two boys in one room, and Choonhee and Jun have their own rooms.

Jun unlocks the door and greets Choonhee to her new home. Choonhee was even more amazed by the inside of the house than the outside. It has stairs that leads to an indoor balcony which is the second floor with four doors from the first floor on the right side. While underneath the balcony has another set of four doors.

If you turn to your left there’s a hallway that leads into the kitchen, and in the centre of the house is the dining that has a table that holds 12 people, and the living room closest to the rooms.

After Jun gave Choonhee a brief tour they walk upstairs to her new room that is at the far end from the stairs.

When walking up the stairs Choonhee notices the first door open with a yellow light glowing out of the room,

 “Oh hey Hyung you’re back, I thought I heard something” one guy standing in his room and upper body out of the room appears from the yellow room while gripping on the side of the door frame with one hand.

“you’re still up, Jinhoo”

“yeah just some late night studying with Kuhn” Jinhoo sheepishly eye smiles while ruffling his own hair, he then turned his attention to the new member, “oh, you’re Choonhee right? Nice to meet you, I’m Jinhoo” Jinhoo smiles wider with a slight hand raise with his free hand.

But no matter how comforting his greeting was Choonhee still panicked with a 90 degree bow,

“Hello!” Jinhoo chuckles,

“haha, it’s okay, you don’t have to be formal to me. I am your Oppa” Choonhee awkwardly smiles as she tries to mentally adjust to what he said.

“Choonhee, this is Jinhoo. He’s the oldest in the house hold” Jinhoo nods to Jun’s words. Choonhee felt more relaxed when hearing he’s the oldest, because he was very welcoming and friendly to her and not harsh and scary as she feared he would be like.

But seconds later her eyes expand when a tall white blonde guy with intimidating facial features walks up beside Jinhoo,

“H-Hello!” she hesitates with another 90 degree bow.

“whoa, what’s going on?” the tall guys chuckles, while Choonhee feels like she’s going to have a heart attack,

“don’t worry Choonhee, Kuhn is a care bear. Don’t be scared by his appearance” Jinhoo gives a heads up while patting Kuhn’s back.

“O-okay” Choonhee nods, continuously.

“Well we should let you both continue studying, see you in the morning” Jun farewells while moving Choonhee along to her new room,

“okay, night~!” both Jinhoo and Kuhn wave before walking back into their room and closing the door behind them.

“so here’s your room” Mr. Choi says when unlocking the door, “ah~ there you go” he opens it and turns on the lights,.

Choonhee walks in and places her suitcase in the left corner near her bed, “all set” Jun observes Choonhee’s actions to make sure she’s comfortable with the room. “Since it’s late it’s probably best if you shower in the morning tomorrow, because you will get sick if you have one now and the boys already had theirs earlier today” he adds in advance.

“Okay” Choonhee nods once again and Jun leaves the room but first hands her a copy of the house keys and her room keys before exiting and closing the door behind him.

Choonhee walks over to her bed and caresses the soft bed cover, she felt so blessed that she got accepted into the Boys’ House, even though she’s going to be the only girl at least she can restart the life she left behind.