Chapter 8

1 + 10

“Morning” Choonhee’s body stiffens with her hand tightly gripped on the door knob while her heart was beating as fast as a drum. Wei was patiently waiting for Choonhee to come out of the bathroom with his arm resting on the door frame making him tower over her. His bed hair sticking up at random places and his husky voice from waking up made her feel weak to the knees. Both of their eyes locked with one as seconds past, Wei tilted his head to the other side with a smirk enjoying the moment they were having together but that made Choonhee realise her staring. She flashed a quick smile before walking away to make things less awkward but bumped into the bathroom door that she was still holding making her feel stupid inside, Choonhee hid her face from Wei and ended up running to her room with her hand held tight on the towel on her head.

After that Choonhee was too embarrassed to walk out knowing that he saw her do a stupid move and that her face was flushed bright red from the hot water when she had her shower.

That morning when she had to leave her room for breakfast there was three seats left since Hwanhee and Xiao were in the middle of getting ready after waking up late. There was an empty seat next to Wooshin, Wei and Bitto, Wooshin and Wei glance over to Choonhee as she was coming down the stairs contemplating where to sit, she slowly walked over to the table and chose the empty seat next to Bitto as it was the nearest to her and the furthest from Wei. Choonhee decided to stay close to Bitto as she somewhat felt safe next to him maybe because he was very relaxed and spoke to her as if they were already close friends.

After breakfast Choonhee would lurk around Bitto to seem unavailable for Wei to talk to and if he were to approach her she would drift off to another person while Sunyoul and Wooshin cleaned up the table along with Jun.

“Hey Gyujin! You didn’t finish your soup” Sunyoul lifted the half finished bowl of miso soup to show Gyujin and hits Choonhee in the process having the remaining soup slip over her white school shirt and droplets fall onto her shirt. The room fell silent as both Sunyoul and Choonhee’s mouth hung open in shock and in disbelief that they share yet again an embarrassing moment.

Slowly the soup began to sink into her shirt making her bra noticeable to others, the guys all cleared their throat before looking elsewhere to not seem erted.

“Okay we’re going to need some napkins” Sunyoul helplessly continued to hold onto the bowl while Xiao ran into the kitchen to grab a hand full of napkins. Soon after a school blazer was placed in her shoulders to hide her underwear from the others. He placed his hands on her shoulders and leaned in close to her ear.

“Go get changed” Choonhee looked up to Wooshin’s face before lightly pushed her towards the stairs.

The only problem was that she didn’t have a second pair of uniform in her closet, only her sport uniform, so she had no other choice but to wear that for the day while Jun cleaned the soup out of her uniform. She walked out to the front of the house where the guys patiently waited for her to walk to school together.

 

During first break the guys grabbed a soccer ball and headed down to the field for a quick game of soccer while Choonhee sat on the bench and watched the guys play.

The soccer ball was kicked all over the field until the first goal was finally shot by Wooshin, all the guys on his team hooted and cheered in excitement for finally being in the lead. Choonhee was amazed by how sharp Wooshin’s moves were and how he managed to kick the ball past the goalie aka Bitto and applauded loudly to him.

Wooshin side smiled at Choonhee’s cuteness when walking over to his side of the field as did Wei, crossing paths with one another. The two glared at one another and Wooshin smirked remained on his face for winning Choonhee’s attention out of the two of them. The jealously ignited lightly inside of Wei and so the battled began on who can score the most for Choonhee’s attention.

The two became possessive of the ball and the others on their team slowly left one by one until it was just the two fighting for the ball.

“What’s up with these two? They’re normally not like this” Kogyeol wondered aloud,

Choonhee found that surprising, “Really” he nodded.

“Yeah, Wooshin has never associates himself with Wei ever since he joined the Boys’ House” Choonhee sat up as the guys continued, there was still a lot she didn’t know about Wooshin and let alone all the guys. This is the first time she was hearing something about their past.

“When Wei came to the Boys’ House Wooshin didn’t like the fact that Wei ran away from his family and asked Jun to join us, unlike us Jun came to us and we had no family to support us no more, he was our only choice for a bright future”

“Wooshin’s joined the Boys’ House two years ago after his parents abandoned him, so hearing that someone chose to leave their family made him perceive that he was self-absorbed, and from that point on he didn’t want anything to do with him” Hwanhee remained sombre as all the boys sat in complete silence watching the two finally collapse on the grass in exhaustion.

The guys still don’t know the real reason why Wei ran away, Wei only wanted Jun to know and wanted to keep it secret from them. At the beginning he told Jun that he wouldn’t care if they interpret him foully, it would be better than if they knew the truth.

Choonhee frowned down at her feet and thought, why? If he was self-absorbed he wouldn’t even think about joining a boys’ house and if so why would Jun accept someone like him? She thought that there was no knowledge in Wooshin’s misconception but only self-pity. The bell chimed for class that the boys are late for but they all strolled back, both physically and emotionally tired.

 

School ended and Choonhee rested on the lounge while on her laptop, the oldest, Jinhoo, arrived home strained from studying all day at university. They quietly greeted one another as he placed his bag down at the edge of the lounge before walking into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water and coming back. Jinhoo tip-toes behind Choonhee to take a sneak peak on what she was doing on her laptop.

“You have Facebook?!” he said in amazement, Choonhee jumped up startled.

Choonhee quickly regrouped herself after the scare; “It’s my old one from middle school” he nodded with his mouth half opened. Choonhee continued to scroll down her old profile filled with nearly two year old selcas and awkward statuses from when her parents were still around.

“Are you going make a new one?” she shrugged her shoulders while still scrolling. Jinhoo sighed already seeing the sorrow in the corner of her eye, jumped over the lounge to sit beside her and removed her laptop from her lap into his to sign her out.

“Kept the old one for your memories, and get another one for the new ones” Jinhoo smiled and set Choonhee a new account for her new life. The best experience of living in the Boys’ House for Choonhee was being around people that understand and care for her, she thought she already had that but when life got tough all those people disappeared from her life within a blink of an eye.

“And to finalise your new account is to have a selca with your favourite Oppa for your profile picture” Jinhoo took his phone from his back pocket and smirked while opening up his camera. Choonhee gave a small smile for their first picture but Jinhoo glared at her disappointed, “aw come on you can do better than that”.

The photo shoot continued until he found a photo that he said made them look “y”. Choonhee couldn’t help but to laugh at his weird comments, Jinhoo started adding all the guys’ accounts one by one, they were the only friends she had but she couldn’t care less and wished that it could stay like that forever.

 

 

Any ideas on what Wei could be hiding??

 

Comment, subscribe and upvote :)

 

Thank you.