Chapter 3

1 + 10

The boys and Choonhee arrive at school with three minutes still available. They all branch away into their years and classes. Gyujin is in his second year, the kids and Choonhee are in first year while the rest are in third year.

 

“So Choonhee, where do you sit in our class?” Hwanhee asks while having his arm around Xiao (like always), Choonhee swallows before speaking.

“I sit... I sit next to- next to Sook-joo...” she stutters as she felt the imaginary pressure that the boys weren’t putting on her,

“Sook-joo? ... I haven’t heard of her before” Hwanhee tilts his head, trying to make out the persons appearance, Xiao giggles at Hwanhee’s confused face that he thinks looks funny.

“I guess we’ll just find out when we get there”

 

The three of them continue to walk and eventually just arrive to class before the bell went, although it doesn’t matter because their homeroom teacher always comes in late, but when she arrives she just marks the role and slacks off for the rest of the lesson, so they can’t get in trouble with whatever they do, not that she will care anyway. I guess that’s what happens when you get the lowest class.

The boys handshake and goof around with the other guys that were near the door while the few amount of girls were there giggling and attempt flirting with all the boys including Xiao and Hwanhee, but the kids are too childish to notice. Choonhee took the opportunity to sneak away from them and speed walks to her seat while hunching down to the tables level. Unfortunately for her Xiao and Hwanhee notice her absence and follow her like ‘spies’ to her desk.

“So this is where you sit?” Hwanhee slumps himself onto the empty window seat in front of Choonhee’s desk, she has a window seat in the second row on the left with the school basketball court as the view. Xiao places his hand (that is holding his body weight) on the desk next to Choonhee’s where her ‘neighbour’ sits.

“Hey, you’re Sook-joo right?” he charmingly smiles. Sookjoo blushed like crazy and giggles by how close he is to her and the fact that he is talking to her. Sookjoo is one of those students that focus a lot on their work; she wears her rectangle glasses with the same simple boring ponytail, the bags under her eyes shows how hard she works.

“You know me?” she got all excited, she’s like Choonhee in some way, she don’t talk to many people because of studying (especial boys), but she still has time to fantasies of the ‘perfect boyfriend’ she hopes for, (Choonhee is not like that).

“Yeah of course...” he lies, knowing Xiao he’s only focused on having her seat “you~ are~... Choonhee’s seat buddy~!” Xiao quickly covers up his minimum knowledge for her smoothly, “but how about you find yourself a new seat buddy? That sits right over there” Xiao points over to the other side of the room to his seat that is surrounded by the cute guys in their class. Xiao’s voice was nice and husky when talking to the girl, making her melt in her seat.

Sookjoo nods her head spastically and agrees with no hesitation. She smiles widely when collecting her equipment and bag.

Xiao grins when sitting down in his new seat and hooking his bad on the side of his table while Hwanhee giggles lightly at how Xiao’s plan actually worked... for once.

As always Choonhee doesn’t pay attention on what is happening around her while she’s doing her work, all she knows is that the boys followed her to her desk and that was it, but she didn’t expect them to become her new seat buddies! Although she doesn’t know... Yet.

Xiao patiently waits for her to realise while rests his head on his hand and smirking at Choonhee as she is too focused on her work.  

The teacher then walks in, without a care in the world while the students remain in their friend groups all laid back.

“Morning class” the teacher greets, “calling the roll now so listen up” and she begins.

 

When the teachers marks the roll they do it by family names in alphabetical order and for the boys their ‘family’ name would be Jun’s which is ‘Yook’, although it’s not his real family name because he changed it long ago, they all agreed to it because he is their guardian and it hides the past. As for Choonhee, she and Jun agreed for her to keep her family name ‘Woo’ so the school board and council don’t pick up that she is living with them.

The Homeroom teacher tosses the roll on the empty teachers’ desk and slumps like Hwanhee on the leather wheel chair and starts playing amazing brick on her phone.

 

“Ah~ I’m so bored already!” Hwanhee complains after finally losing interest in his phone. There was a moment of silence between the three of them as Hwanhee looks up at the ceiling feeling completely blank and Choonhee finally realising the boy’s presence, she looks at Xiao very confused and disappointed that her ‘neighbour’ has changed.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The bell rings once again for their first proper class to start,

Legal studies, the class that Hwanhee and Xiao hate, although it wasn’t always like that.

The teacher, Ms. Kim walks in and greets the class as usual; she’s very fragile and frail, with an innocent face.

 

Xiao’s aura turns black when seeing her walk in; he rolls his eyes and grabs his bag. The tension already fills up the air as Xiao flashes his timeout pass to the teacher when walking past to the door. The timeout pass is for students that are easily emotional or short tempered that need time off to regroup and calm down before coming back to class, and all of Jun’s boys have one, even Jinhoo and Kuhn did when they were in high school.

But sometimes students that have the pass usually abuse it and walk around the school whenever and not go to class.

 

“You know Xiao, if you keep leaving my class you won’t pass” Ms. Kim tells. This happens every lesson: The teacher tries to convince him to stay, but he shuts her down and walks out.

“Why would I want to learn from someone who doesn’t even know what she is talking about” Xiao turned his head slightly when he spoke, he walks out without another word with the teacher helpless with her power as she fears him.

 Xiao hates Ms. Kim, with a passion actually, ever since she decided to shove her nose into his personal life that’s when the boys experienced the dark times where they almost split up. The boys and Jun all dislike Mrs. Kim as well, but not as much as Xiao after what she did to him, it was only a year ago but it will forever haunt them thanks to her.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Xiao~ what did you do this time?” Sunyoul whines and lightly bounces away from the boys to the troublemaker sitting down on the floor doing his punishment.

“Hehe” he sheepishly smiles. When Xiao was returning to class he bumped into the strictest teacher, Mr. Choi. When a student uses their timeout pass it’s only for five to fifth teen minutes with it signed by the teacher and have the current time written on it also, Xiao had either. Mr. Choi smacked him on the head with the stick he always carries around and drags him to his classroom by the ear.

When they arrived Mr. Choi requested Ms. Kim to punish him but she was too scared to, but she had no choice so it was a simple one that is meant to be used when texting or talking in class where Xiao had to keep his arms up for the rest of the lesson in the hallway, but instead of standing and doing it he lazes on the floor with his arms shown through the window for the teacher to see.

 The bell rings and the teacher comes out and the awkward tension between the boys and her builds up as the boys glare intensely at, making her feel nervous.

“You can go back inside Xiao” Xiao drops his arms, hiding in the pain and walks into the room without a word but with only a glare that says it all. The boys soon follow him in.

The boys arrived to the kid’s class early with the use of their timeout passes to check up how Choonhee is doing.

 

 “Hey Choo-”

“Oh My God! Hi Wooshin!” a random girl, that seems to be a fan girl for Wooshin randomly calls out to him when they all walked in, cutting him off from talking to Choonhee. Wooshin felt startled but didn’t show it since he likes to keep his cool but just uncomfortably smiles softly just to be polite to the weird girl.

“How is your first day going with these two Crazies?” Kogyeol jokes,

Choonhee and the boys were expecting to hear the words ‘crazy’ or ‘weird’ as the kids are, but after what happened last lesson with the teacher an Xiao she ends up whispering “intense” still making all the boys laugh at her response but also on how cute she spoke.

“You have a cute voice, yet you don’t talk that much” Hwanhee randomly points out, causing Wei to pushing him even more into his seat,

“don’t worry she will get there” Sunyoul supports, even though they had shared an embarrassing moment earlier that day, Choonhee can sense an comfortable vibe from him just by his supporting words that she hasn’t had in a long time.

“Aw Hyung~ I’m hungry~” Gyujin does aegyo to pillar Wei when he felt his stomach rumble,

“yeah so am I” Bitto adds, soon making the rest of the boys agree as well. So after they all go down to the cafeteria before the bell goes for the rest of their subjects to start again.