Chapter 11

1 + 10

Wei’s eyes waver down to Choonhee’s lips and back up to her eyes, he swallowed, no idea what had overcame him but thoughts lingered in his mind, tempting him to do something that he maybe shouldn’t do.

“WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!” Wei closed his eyes in fault by the sound of Jun’s shouts, yet he wished that he did it before it was too late. Choonhee flinched and quickly pushed Wei off her, she stiffy positioned herself towards Jun with her head down ashamed.

The boys came out of their rooms simultaneously after hearing Jun. This was a first to hear Jun raise his voice aggressively ever, it brought a fright to everyone in the house that they had to see what triggered him.

“DATING IS FORBIDDEN!”

“Hyung, you got the wrong idea” Wei begged, but Jun was too furious to discuss. All the boys’ faces in shock by the news, it was bittersweet for Wooshin as at last Wei is being punishment but cannot admit such information about her until he hears it come out of . Choonhee wanted to cry as her eyes welled up in tears but they wouldn’t spill, she felt that it was all her fault, all she wanted to do was defend Wei but the words couldn’t come out of nor could she move.

“Choonhee sure is quick isn’t she” Gyujin snickered to Wooshin, who just glared him down to silence.

 “Regardless! If I catch any of you dating you would be kicked out of the Boys’ House!! She is your sister and they are your brother! Is that understood?!”

“YES, Sir” the boys responded formally before walking back into their rooms silently. Jun took one last glare at Choonhee and Wei before exiting the room. Wei turned to Choonhee and bowed while apologising, her head stayed down to hide her teary eyes.

Jinhoo stayed, resting his head on his hand, watching the scene break off. Choonhee ran off crying too ashamed to face anyone, Jinhoo’s hair swayed along with Choonhee when she ran past him. Sighing as he watched Wei ruff his hair baffled.

 

“Jun, can I talk to you?” Jinhoo jarred the door opened,

“What about?” Jun rubbed his face before standing from his desk.

“I think you know”

“If Choonhee starts dating one of the boys-” Jun paused, “what good is it going to be when it doesn’t work out or the other guys start feeling the same. It’s not safe for the house”

“Hyung, I get that you’re worried. But you know what will happen if you kick them out, it’s a cycle that doesn’t need to continue” Jinhoo left with that last statement, closing the door behind him. Jun sighed greatly to his words. He remembered that only Jinhoo has shared the most steps with him through this journey, how a young boy seems so much wiser than he himself. Glancing over to his desk, his eyes sunk. As he approached he picked up the picture frame, well cleaned and simple, so hurt in what is right and not. Jun the glass so delicately and sorrowfully as if it would break.

After such a gloomy night, the sun rose once again for a new day. Choonhee cried herself to sleep that night, as she looked in the mirror to see the bags and red eyes with no make up to cover it up, she knew it was going to be another bad day. Choonhee reached for the bathroom doorknob for it to be drawn away from the inside, Wooshin’s eyes softened by the sight of Choonhee’s sunk face. Hiding away her face away from him, Wooshin draped a clean towel over her head before walking out. The white light passing through the towel brought comfort to Choonhee as there was only darkness until now.

“Hm just because you put a white towel over you doesn’t mean that no one can see you” a cheerful voice spoke. Xiao lifted the towel off of Choonhee’s head and onto her shoulders; “Ah there we go hehe. No longer a ghost but human” he smiled before walking down to eat.

The corners of Choonhee’s lips curved ever so slightly and she processed to the bathroom to wash up.

Jun left early that morning, only one can assume where he wandered off to.

 

One small mocha… Have a good day” sooner or later Choonhee would have to face Wei again, she just hoped that it wouldn’t be at work.

“Choonhee-” she jumped in fright, “give this to number 5” she nodded, still ignoring eye contact from Wei she collected the tray and served it to the customers. Wei rubbed the back of his neck,

 

Choonhee winced by the sudden wet coldness that touched her cheek,

“Here, you worked well today” Wei waved the sprite can in front of her face. Choonhee’s throat dries at the sight of the refreshment, she swallowed when grabbing it with both hands and subtly tried to gulp it all down, Wei held in his laugh for her sake.

Choonhee wiped after stopping herself half way through the can, she looked up Wei who grinning hard in order not to laugh. Shying away, Choonhee sped her pace to avoid him again.

“Yah! Wait up!” he chuckled at last as he runs up to her.

Once the house came in sight Wei halted, making Choonhee turn back to him.

“You keep going, I’ll catch up in a bit” he smiled, Choonhee bowed puzzled. It was only when she continued that she knew why, to realise that your relationship wouldn’t not be the same again because of a little misunderstanding.

In hope that the situation will die down quick, Choonhee knows it’s also hard on Wei, how his smiles have now sadden and aura has weakened. Everyone is on edge when with Choonhee of the fear of being assumed of flirting in front of Jun whether if he’s in sight or not. She felt it during breakfast, even though Jun wasn’t there less than half of them were willing to interact with Choonhee; while the others act as if it was taboo she’s a ghost, frightening and forbidden.

 

 

Comment, subscribe and upvote :)

 

Thank you~