Making the first move

Playing as Cupid

Being one of the top playboys in the university had its pros. For starters, information that Joshua wanted would be easily revealed to him, without himself raising a finger, and in order to make sure to succeed in his plan of making her fall in love with him. He always knew that one person would open their lips for him, whenever she saw him, Lee Eunji.

“I wonder Joshua Hong, if you would ever play with me like all your other targets that you make me research for you.” The girl with caramel hair in loose girls and a body of a goddess walked into the café.

“Oh no Eunji, I only play with my targets not my providers.” His lips curled up as he sipped onto the espresso.

“What a shame.” She sighed and placed her head on her palm, “Oh well, I always preferred Seungcheol over Jeonghan and you. He reeks of iness and charisma.” She bit her lip and he chuckled at her lewd expression.

“So can you tell me about this girl?”

Eunji knew that Joshua was all business when he wanted something badly, he doesn’t beat around the bush and play innocent unless he wanted to know what a person wanted. To begin with, Joshua was never the innocent angel type, in Eunji personal preference; she knew that he had a poker face where he would only show what he wants to show.

“From your description of her, I believe you’re talking about Lee Seyoung otherwise known to be the flower of our school. She majors in business and management and does dance on the side.-“

“That probably how Soonyoung knew her because he also does dance.” Joshua stated and she nodded with a smirk.

“Well if you want to know more, she was offered to study in the Royal ballet school in London. However she declined for a strange reason. Anyway she likes to read and lives a humble life.” Eunji ended and Joshua processed the small information in which honestly he wished she got more.

“Men preference?”

“She likes the sweet ones that know how to treat a lady like a queen. Someone that would cherish her and love her for who she is and someone that wouldn’t leave her.”

Joshua smirked, “How would she know that I would leave her?”

“She especially hates cheaters if you must know.” said Eunji narrowing her eyes.

“And how many girls still fall in love with me knowing this fact, and yet they hope that they could change me into a wolf that sticks to his mate?” He chuckled and Eunji just shook her head with an amused expression.

“Josh, I think this one will be a hard one.” She took a sip of her cappuccino and Joshua scoffed, she was already such a challenge to begin with. Eunji wasn’t the type to reveal such little information of his target to him and he wondered what she was hiding.

“Stop beating around the bush and tell me the rest you know.”

“Well you see when I was talking to her like I normally do with all your targets, she told me to tell you that if you wanted to know more about her then come to her instead of being a stalker.” Eunji chuckled and Joshua was taken back. Never has his targets figured out that Eunji was his information spy and he was amused that she knew.

For this one, it seemed that he was going have to work a bit to get her heart.

“Stalker huh?” he said in a mysterious tone that made Eunji look at him surprised. She smiled and thought to herself that this Lee Seyoung may be the one for him.

 The one that would change this cupid into a man looking for love as she seemed to already seemed to pull Joshua unconsciously to her. 

***

Seoyoung was walking to her class when a foot appeared out of nowhere causing her to fall over but a familiar arm wrapped around her waist and caught her. When she looked up, she wasn’t surprised to see who was holding her with a gentle smile.

“Are you okay?”

“I am. Thank you.” She smiled back and he placed his hands in his jeans with a boyish smile that made hundreds of girls swoon. She gave him her innocent smile that made boys smile back as they both smiled at one another for a moment.

“So this is your little gentleman act, I assume?” She raised a brow and he blinked, acting innocent like an angel he is.

“No? I just happen to catch you.” he smiled sheepishly, “After all who would dare to let such a beautiful angel fall?”

There was a moment of silence and it made Joshua wonder if she heard him. Naturally girls would blush or at least turn away from him to hide their flustered expressions but she kept eye contact with him, never ever leaving his brown orbs. Then she raised her hand to and let out a small noise, one that resembled a laugh.

“Is this another one of your acts?” She giggled and he was definitely taken back by her actions. “Because I have to admit that they were really chessy words that even make me cringe inside.”

He rubbed his neck playing along with his shy boy act but deep down he was truly amused, her reactions were unpredictable and impulsive like by nature his words never would ever seem to affect her. He played along and asked her if his words were really chessy enough to affect her and she giggled again.

“Oh no, words like them don’t work on me.” She her heels and started to walk back in the direction she was heading towards.

“I- uhm! Can I walk you to wherever you’re going?”

“Sure, I’m heading towards the library to read.” She beamed and he walked along side with her. He peeked a glance at her and noticed that her expressions showed she wasn’t affect at all by his presence nor his words.  

Suddenly she stopped and he was confused because clearly they weren’t anywhere near the library and she looked like she was ready to walk into one of the lecture rooms. Seyoung stopped and her heels to face him.

“I was curious, what happened to the all alpha male last night at the club?”

His eyes widen but a smirk played on his lips, “Why? Do you remember our rendezvouses last night? Even though you claim you wanted nothing to do with me?”

She snorted and shook her head with an amused expression, “I only remembered because about half of the school population asked me what I was doing with you last night, Mr playboy.”

Joshua walked closer to her and she didn’t budge from her spot, even when he bend down to lean in and look more closely at her. His lips curled up into a smile and she frowned at his suddenly beaming expression.

“Lee Seyoung, I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime with me. Just us two.” He raised a finger, gesturing to only them, “What do you say, love?”

Seoyoung only raised a brow and scoffed before turning around to walk into her class but stopped to only look over her shoulder at Joshua who stood with hands in his pocket and a confident smile. She internally scoffed; he was a splitting image of the devil yet the angel. There stood a young man who smiled and acted like the angel but is evil and devilish as the devil himself. He the worst among the trio she thought to herself. After all, Jeonghan was of course the nicest and sweetest but he lacked a wickedness that Seungcheol had too much of. Even if Seungcheol seemed like the worst because he would only play with the girl and throw her away like she was a tool, Seyoung always thought he was probably was the nicest because he had a policy where there was no strings attached, while Jeonghan had always felt guilty so he would try to maintain a friendship with the broken girl which often led girls on. However Joshua was a mixture of both, a man that charmed his woman with sweet nothings but played with them like Seungcheol.

He really was the worst.

“Should I change you name from Mr Playboy to Mr Stalker?” She asked and he chuckled but raised his hands in defeat, almost saying ‘you caught me’ in which she knew already that weird woman who talked to her this morning was after information for him.

“I think Mr Playboy still fits you,” she concluded, “Oh by the way, I think I will have to decline your offer.”

His eye brows rose with pure interest and amusement, “Oh I am hurt, love.”

“Sorry, but you ought to try harder if you wanna win this heart.”

She chuckled before walking into class and he stood there with grin on his lips. She was definitely right, he was going to have try harder to win her heart. It had been a while since he had gone to both of them for advice as normally girls would play right into his palm; however this one was evidently different but a good different. She made him re-think his ways of approaching a girl and for the first time he became conscious of himself around a girl, in which he definitely knew he never had felt that way before.

He suddenly realised that she had broken another one of his rules in his playbook.

# When a girl rejects you, forget and move onto the next one.

Like his playbook stated, he would never pursue a woman if she already told him that she wasn’t interested then he would forget about running after her and move onto the next one in line. However for this particular girl; not only has she broke two of his rules, but she has dodges his first move on the board and it has left him wondering in puzzlement.

What moves should he do to get the Queen’s heart?


Heyyy!

I am honestly so happy and thankful to all the people who have subscribed to this story and I love you guys!!!! xx I hope that i am living up to your standards :') Anyway here is the second chap and honsetly I wished i wrote more for you guys, so next time I will try to aim to write more! Also please remember to comment, upvote and subscribe if you havent already!

Lastly, I will try to update ASAP :)

love missachi xx