Love

Playing as Cupid

The boys were in the club that was booming with music and a sea of bodies bouncing in time to the music while people had to scream to one another to talk to one another. Joshua and the boys had different substances of alcohol on their table with a few girls giving winks and looks that made them smile and give them a nod. Even the youngest, Lee Chan was in the club and was enjoying the thrill. Lee Seungcheol, Yoon Jeonghan and Hong Joshua were known to be the notorious playboys of the school. Seungcheol is the devil that everyone feared to dance with but no girl could refuse his devilish charms; on the other hand you have Jeonghan who is the angel out of the three and always softly played with girl’s heart strings rather than snap them. Joshua is neither the devil nor an angel, he was your sweet charming boy that charmed girl like Jeonghan but broke them like Seungcheol. However he was known to be Cupid, he was well known to tie the red strings of fate of two people. So naturally one of his closest friend, Kwon Soonyoung would ask him to help him with a girl.

“What’s wrong Soonyoung?” Joshua chuckled as he swirled his whiskey.

“N-nothing…. I- just… Well… you see…. There this girl in my dance class.” He started and Joshua urged him to go on while he was sober at least. “She is so pretty and I would really like to take her out one day but… I’m just terrible with everything…”

“That’s not true,” Joshua placed the alcoholic drink down and swung an arm around his neck, “Look, tell me which girl she is and I’ll get you a date for sure.”

“How do you know she is here?” Soonyoung turned to him and Joshua grabbed his drink and pointed towards a crowd of girls dancing. He explained how his eyes were trained on that particular group of girls dancing then Joshua knew which one it was.

 It was her.

She wore simple attire but it screamed y and innocent at the same time. She wore shorts that revealed her long milky legs and a white crop top that showed her stomach and a thin cardigan that was see through. He whispered to Soonyoung that he already knew which girl he was after as he kept his eyes trained on her. Soonyoung was surprised but knew what his friend was doing. After all he practically did it for a living, playing the match maker. He took a sip of his whiskey and he almost choked when he saw her glance at him. Her eyes were bright yet a sly grin played on her lips as she danced to the music along with her friends.

Joshua knew she was his next target.

He was going to capture her heart and crush it because that was his job. He would crush their soft hearts so that someone could come along and place the pieces back together, maybe adding a bit more.

But Joshua wasn’t someone that mended hearts, but he was a heartbreaker yet he was cupid.

Even the irony made him laugh.

He got up with dark eyes and the woman besides him, naturally stood up with her arm around his but he disregarded it. It was time to move onto a new prey he chuckled at the thought and turned around to her with his sweet smile.

“Baby, I’m sorry to break it to you but I don’t love you.”

“What…?” she was confused and he tilted his head with an affectionate smile as he her cheek.

“I’m sorry but you should know that you’re playing with one of the notorious playboys where we use girls like they’re tissues that we wipe dispose after we use to blow our nose.” He smiled again and before she could slap him and make a scene, he stopped her and leaned in.

“You shouldn’t be mad, darling.” He leaned away and placed her hand by her side. He continued his venture towards the mysterious vixen in the sea of people.

When he was close enough to her, he accidently put his foot out in which she stepped and fell, however he caught her just in time- being the gentleman he is. She looked up at him and he gave her his charming smile that all girls fell for. She blinked at him and he propped her up so she could stand but kept his arms around her so she was trapped into his web. She didn’t blush nor had any reaction that Joshua would have predicted however he wasn’t sure if his pride was hurt or was he too amused by her expressions of what he was doing to her.

“Thank you. Can you let me go?”

“Sure, if you come and have a drink with me.” He worked his charming words and she stared at him for a moment. She knew who he was, he was the playboy that was between an angel and a devil, he was probably the worst out of all of them. She wondered why he suddenly had interest with her considering he never seem to pay attention to her before- not saying she wanted him too- however why would a playboy be interested in her?

“Sure, if you pay.” She replied and he nodded and both walked towards the bar.

“So what is your name, love?” Joshua asked, surprised by the sudden new pet name as he normally called his victims, 'dear', 'honey', 'darling' and so forth but never love.

“Why would I tell a heart breaker like you?” she snickered back and he chuckled while swirling his whiskey.

“True. Well I can say that there is at least another person in this world that knows not to play with fire.” He took a sip, “however Seungcheol says that girls are always attracted to that flame that will burn them.” He glanced and swallowed the rest of his drink.

“There are also some girls that know better and overcome that attraction.” She sip her martini and he had to admit that this one was a smart one and had a brain unlike all the others that practically fall for him within the first thirty seconds.

“You’re an interesting one, love.” He commented and she raised a brow at the pet name. He offered his hand, “I’m Joshua Hong.”

The girl looked at his hand and drowned her drink before getting up and giving him a sly smile. “I don’t believe giving my name away unless I want a bond or a string attached to that person. Sadly I don’t want to have a connection with you, Mr Playboy.” She remarked as she disappeared into the sea of people leaving Joshua shocked yet amused. She broke one of his rules.

# When two exchange their names, a string of fate links them together. As they have a connection by knowing one another by each other’s name.

She was a very smart one, she knew his game and she played with him back with equal fire. This one was going to be a challenge, and Joshua liked a challenge because life is too boring if its predictable. Thus he made a promise with himself that he would especially capture her heart and crush it till there was nothing left.


Hi!

Firstly I hope you enjoy the first chapter even though it's not much and secondly I want to say a big thanks to the people who subscribed! You guys are amazing and I hope you guys enjoy this story and give it lots of love! Also don't forget to comment and subcribe if you havent already! ;)

love missachi xx

P.S I'll try to update ASAP :)