Drunk

Playing as Cupid

Joshua poured down another glass of whiskey in attempt to make the numbness go away. This wasn’t the first time he was here in the club like this. Sometimes he wished that life wasn’t like this for him, where he didn’t have to watch someone he loves suffer. But life is cruel like this.

He opened his phone and scrolled down his contacts looking for a person to keep him company. He didn’t want any of his friends because they would just tell him off for drinking this much, especially Jeonghan and Seungcheol even worse they would tell her what he was doing. He didn’t want any of his ladies because they either craved from him or seek attention. Then he scrolled down to someone’s name that he was confused about, but made him curious yet so confused.

He couldn’t comprehend what happened that night.

***

When he went to one of the private rooms in the club where he would take his girls for some fun time, he discovered two people lips locked. Seungcheol and Seyoung. He didn’t know why but he felt cheated and hurt when he saw the way Seungcheol held Seyoung like he was hers. When his hands roamed dangerously low at the hem of her shirt he let his actions take over his thoughts. The next thing he knew he punched Seungcheol and grabbed him only to shove him against the wall before grabbing Seyoung’s arm. The whole way out of the club she complained about the upcoming bruise about to appear on her arm but he ignored her. When they were out of the club he let go but caged her against the wall nearby so she couldn’t escape.

“What are you doing?!” She snapped at him but he didn’t respond except he looked at her with eyes that hid multiple emotions. Hurt, anger, betrayal and confusion, something he didn’t understand was why he was so angry. Nothing ever happened like this before.

“Why were you with Seungcheol?” he asked rather quieter than she expected despite all the anger she could see in his eyes, something she didn’t understand either.

“Why are you asking? It’s obvious isn’t it? I want someone that will make the pain go away-“

“Why him? You should know he’s a playboy. Why not me?” he whispered the last part but she seemed to have heard every word.

“Because I know that he would have just ed me and then left me alone, not me around like you, only to make my heart break worse!”

“I-..I-“ Joshua was left speechless because she was right. For any woman he would have played with their feelings then break it like it was nothing.

“Tell me Joshua Hong, why exactly are you so bloody interested in my life?”

“Because I like you!” he raised his voice something he hasn’t done in a while.

“Don’t lie to me.” She muttered and he looked up at her with a confused face. “You’re only confusing me.”

“How?” Joshua scoffed, “You’re the confusing one here if you ask me.”

“At least I don’t play sincere then not, I am so confused whether you actually like me or you’re just saying it to around with my feelings to only break my heart.” She snapped at him.

“Excuse me? At least I’m not ing around and leading someone on, only to let them fall.”

“What are you even on about? That’s what you’re ing doing!”

He scoffed loudly, “You mean that’s exactly what you’re ing doing to me!”

“Look if you are actually not interested in me then don’t ing try and play with me.” She pushed him away and walked off. Joshua mentally cursed at this situation, this never happened to him before and if he didn’t resurrect this situation then he would lose her. Before she could walk any further he grabbed her arm and twirled her around.

“I am ing serious about you, love. Don’t ever think I only play with woman. I’m man as well Seyoung Lee, not a ing doll.”

“Are you sure? “She asked and leaned in, “Because if you actually like me then approach me, like a real man then.” She pushed him a bit before she stormed and for the first time in his life, it wasn’t him walking away but him standing there feeling conflicted with himself.

 ***

It was almost three in the morning before Seyoung went to sleep but before she could even place her exhausted brain onto the soft cloud of dreams, her phone rang. She grabbed the phone with irritation and swiped the screen to answer the call.

“What do you bloody want? Because I want to sleep so you have 30 seconds to explain yourself.”

“My loveeeeeee from another staaaaarrr~ Where are youuuuu???” She heard Joshua slur over the phone. She sat up with a frown slowly appearing on her face.

Joshua Hong where are you?”

“Love, I’m waiting for youuu why don’t you want me???”

“Where are you? And are you drunk?”

“Lovely Seyoung please tell me why are you so confusing and make my heart feel like this???”

Seyoung sighed and pulled her coat over her shoulder as she grabbed her keys and held her phone by the shoulder. “What’s the club name?”

My love…. You should know where I am, we always happen to meet when I go~”

“See you in 5 minutes.” She hung up as Joshua fell asleep on the bar top with a grin embed on his face.

 

When Seyoung arrived she could see him from a mile, laying his head on the top of the bar bench with a silly grin on his lips. She sighed and softly touched his shoulder to wake him up but got no response.

“He’s been like that for some time, hun.” The bartender claimed and she looked at him as if she remembered him. It was her senior from her dance club, Oh Sehun.

“Thanks Sehun, I’ll take him home.”

“Seyoungie you’re hereeeeeee~!!!” Joshua smiled with glee as he flung himself onto her, almost making the poor young woman collapse.

On the way back to her apartment, she fell down a couple of times with Joshua tumbling over her as she couldn’t exactly hold his weight on her own. She would have drove him home but she didn’t know where he lived and didn’t want to know henceforth, here she was in her apartment complex, a couple of steps away from the door, but Joshua decided to trip over his own foot and brought her down along with him as they lay on the concrete floor in the cold winter night. Seyoung sighed in frustration however Joshua beside her laughed and stared into the night sky. The air that they breathed out became a small puff of smoke and it was only till then that Seyoung realise how cold it really was.

“Seyoung, would you ever believe that maybe I have feelings for you?”

“I don’t know, I’m scared to believe it because I know that it’s only a bunch of lies for you to have fun breaking my heart.” She replied honestly as she stared at the dark sky.

“I still don’t know why you picked Seungcheol.” He pouted, still slightly drunk but sober.

She turned her heard and looked at him, then she felt something soft touch her cheek and then she watched him slowly turn his head to the side as well. Both looked into each other’s eyes and his next movement shocked her but was also one of the greatest disappointments she felt in her life because she knew it was a lie.

“I love you.”

She didn’t say anything but kept quiet and closed her eyes, she knew it was a lie but it gave her this small spark that made her smile. Of course it was a white lie because on the first day of snow you could lie even to God and he wouldn’t lift a finger at you, it was the one day you could murder someone and still get away. But even if it was a lie she could hold on, it was funny how she wished that maybe she could have hold onto his words.

But a lie is a lie.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

***

Joshua was greeted with a splitting headache and the after taste of alcohol from the previous night, he turned to his side to see a glass of water and some medicine on the bedside. He didn’t hesitate to pop two pills and gulp them down with water. When he had finished the contents he noticed a familiar silhouette, Lee Seyoung. There she was standing there, drying her hair with a towel and wearing a simple tee with shorts.

The questioned that struck Joshua was why the hell was she in his room? Or how did she get to her room?

“Morning how is your hangover?”

Joshua rubbed his face with sleep still in his system. He flipped back onto the bed with exhaustion and when he opened his eyes again, she was sitting on the bed with a concern look on her face.

“Are you okay?”

He blinked wondering if he was dreaming, all of a sudden she was concern about him and it looked as if there was hope still that he could make her fall for him. When he didn’t reply she placed her hand over his forehead and he felt his heart flinch, then thump again.

“You don’t have a fever.” She removed her hand but he caught it and she gave him a look that asked him what was wrong, in which Joshua didn’t understand. When he didn’t reply she moved her hand to his cheek which caught his attention as he looked up into her eyes that were gazing down at his.

“Joshua Hong, Are you really okay?”

That moment felt like time had stopped and it was just them in the world that was moving yet they were so still. When his eyes got caught in her trance, he couldn’t look away.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He managed to choke out, with eyes still locked with hers.

“Are you sure?” she leaned in closer and he swallowed his salvia loudly. His eyes now moving from her eyes to her small plump lips, slowly he couldn’t help but lean in. He inhaled her sweet scent that smelled of sweet peaches.

“Yes.” He said in almost a trance, hooked onto the melody that she was singing to his heart.

“Good! So I presume you can leave my apartment now?”

Suddenly the kiss he was anticipating had turned into a push and he was now back on the bed with his view becoming a white ceiling instead of her beautiful face. Then reality hit him, of course this woman wasn’t going to be easy like all the other girls. ‘Wait a moment, did she just say my apartment?!’ he shot back up and she was dusting her hands and walking into her kitchen to make breakfast.

“Isn’t this my house?!” He winced in pain and regret for yelling as his headache from the hangover was still there.

“No? I remember that this is MY apartment.” She sipped onto her coffee and he took the cup from her grasp before drowning the contents down his throat. Coffee always seemed to work for the young lad.

“Then why am I in your apartment?” he held the cup close to him in which she tried to snatch the coffee back.

“I don’t know, some drunk idiot called me at three in the morning.” Sarcasm clearing dripping form her voice only made Joshua chuckle.

“Did you tell my friends?”

“About what?”

“Nothing.” He disregarded the topic, before placing the mug onto the bench top and holding her shoulders.

“I must say I’m impressed and thankful, henceforth as a token of gratitude, would you like to go out for lunch or possibly dinner tomorrow.”

He asked formally and she was impressed by his smooth moves to ask her out so soon. It was almost like her planned to get drunk so he could play innocent but something about his eyes and the way he was last night said something different.

“I must decline, I have something on but I will give you a call to arrange a day.”

She smiled at him and he couldn’t believe how easily she dodged that date with ease. He honestly wondered if she was created by god to be a difficult task.

“Then I will be awaiting for your call, love.” He grabbed her hand and looked into her eyes about to press his lips onto the back of her hand but she swiftly pulled away.

“Even if I don’t call, you will wait?”

God why does this woman have to be hard?!

Joshua mentally screamed but smiled and gave her a charming look that would make girls fall like it was raining. “Anything for you, love.”

“Then if you leave my apartment in the next thirty seconds there might be a chance you get a phone call.” She smirked and he knew she was just acting nice but in reality she was kicking him out and he left voluntarily but her last question really got to him.

“Joshua, are you really okay?”

Joshua lifted his hand and walked out with a chuckle. Before he stepped out of the door his words found their way into her heart.

Thank you, Seyoung.”

It wasn’t in a mocking or playful, but an sincere way. She wondered why he was drinking that night and why he asked if she had told his friends anything. It was rather odd to see Joshua drunk for starters he seemed like he was a heavy drinker and knew how to handle his alcohol, but last night seemed like a different story.

 

Funnily enough, Joshua Hong did get a phono call not too long after he left her apartment.

But for a different reason.  


Hi!

I'm SO SORRY for the LONG wait TT-TT!!! I've been so busy with work and other things happening in my life but from now on I will try and update more than before! On the good note, I can't thank you all enough for reading and subscribing (80+)  to my story! You guys are the best and I'm sending hugs to everyone! Also don't be afraid to comment your thoughts!

love missachi xx

P.S Hope to see you in the next chapter! :)