Chapter 6

Not One Of A Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So this is where you and Eomma used to go to?" Minsoo asked Jiyong who nod at his son's question. "How did the two of you meet exactly?" he asked.

"You know what, baby? I will tell you when you're old to know it" Jiyong said. Minsoo huffed angrily at his father's answer.

"When will I see Eomma's face, Appa?" Minsoo asked his father.

"When Appa's ready to let you see it" Jiyong answered. Minsoo only nods. Even at a young age, he can feel his father's pain when asked about her, his Eomma.

"Appa, can you buy me ice cream?" Minsoo asked.

"In this cold weather? No" Jiyong declined. "We still have to eat dinner, what do you want?" he asked.

"Appa's kimchi fried rice" Minsoo answered. Jiyong just smiled at his son as they went home.

"Hello, Eomma? Can I ask you?" Dara called her mother. 

"What do you want to ask, dear?" Mrs. Park asked her daughter.

"Eomma, did Jiyong and I really broke up 8 years ago?" Dara asked her. Silence filled the other line.

"Dara...why are you asking that now?" Mrs. Park asked defensively.

"Eomma, did Jiyong and I really broke up, 8 years ago?" Dara repeated the question.

"Of course! You hate him to death!" Mrs. Park said, voice a bit wavering. Is she lying? "Why are you asking this now, Dara-yah?" she asked.

"Ah...I was just curious" Dara answered. "I kinda saw Jiyong not too long ago" she lied.

"You met Jiyong?" Panic was heard from her mother's voice.

"He didn't see me" Dara quickly added. "Why do you sound scared though?" she asked.

"Dara, ummm...Eomma needs to hang up now. Talk to you later, darling" her mother said as she quickly hanged up.

"Eo--aish!" Dara got irritated and threw her phone away. "Why is it that they don't want me to remember anything?" she mumbled, hands through her hair. She can't ask Seungri or any the guys...they don't even know what happened to Jiyong. He just disappeared like thin air.

"Yah...Noona, what's with you?" She lift her head up and saw her younger brother, Sang Hyun. "Noona, did you throw you phone?" he asked in awe. Never in a million years, well maybe 5 years he had seen Dara throwing things.

"Sang Hyun-ah" she called him.

"Oh, Noona...what's wrong?" Sang Hyun asked worriedly.

"Did...by any chance...do you know what happened after Jiyong and I broke up, 8 years ago?" she asked her brother. She saw the way her brother stiffen at the mention of her ex's name. What happened? How come she doesn't remember?

"Why? Did that bastard show up? Did you meet him? Noona, don't you remember how much pain he gave you?!" Sang Hyun exclaimed. "Don't ever ask anything about him, Noona. He's not worth it" he said and left his sister alone in her apartment. What happened? What are those memories that they don't want her to remember?

"Can't believe I'm stuck with you" Jiyong grumbles as he drives the police car around the streets.

"It's not my fault that you lost a bet with Officer Wu" Seunghyun said as he looked at the window.

"What kind of luck do I have? I'm stuck with you and Youngbae keep nagging me that I should give him some news" Jiyong continued to complain.

"Yeah, here I am. Listening at your constant complains. I'm really lucky" Seunghyun said sarcastically which earned him a glare from Jiyong.

 

They continued to patrol and saw a commotion forming on one side of a road. 

 

"Hyung, there might be an accident over there" Jiyong said.

"Pull over" Seunghyun commanded and Jiyong pulled over as he put on his cap. 

 

The two men got out of the car and walked towards the crowd to see what is the commotion.

 

"What's going on here?" Jiyong asked one of the bystanders.

"The two cars crashed and the drivers and the passengers fight" the bystander answered.

"Ah, I see..." Jiyong said as he signalled Seunghyun to intervene. 

 

Seunghyun groaned before approaching the bickering group of people.

 

"Is there any problem here?" he asked them.

"And who the heck are you?" one of them snapped, clearly drunk.

"Are you the driver?" Seunghyun asked, teeth clenching, clearly pissed off. Jiyong just watched from afar, he can't help him here. He took out his phone and called to report an accident and asked for some back-up.

"So what if I am? Who are you to intervene?" the drunk man said.

"Choi Seunghyun, police officer, Gangnam Police Station" Seunghyun introduced, showing his badge. "We all want peace, trust me" he said.

"No way, TOP-hyung?" Seunghyun looked at the guy who called him.

"Seungri? Daesung, is that you?" he asked with uncertainity.

"Hyung, you're an officer?" Seungri asked with disbelief.

"You're involved in this accident?" Seunghyun asked him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter