Chapter 7

Not One Of A Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Detective Kwon, there had been a report at Cheongdamdong. A house got robbed and the General wants us to investigate it" a random officer told Jiyong.
"Araseo...let's go" Jiyong aswered as he took his phone from his desk before stopping for a while to think. "Cheongdamdong, huh?"
"Thinking about your rich boy days?" Seunghyun suddenly interfered behind him, startling the younger.
"Hyung, inform me of your existence first instead of popping out behind my back every now and then" Jiyong complained.
"But it's no fun then, Detective Kwon"

With a shake of his head, Jiyong followed the police officer with Seunghyun and the others followed suit. As they reach the area, the young detective finds the place more and more familiar as they go by. Especially when they stopped at a very particular mansi—house with the family name "Kwon" in a gold plate plastered on the side of the gate.

"No way..." both of them said in unison. 
"Yah, Seokjin-hyung. You sure this is the right place?" Seunghyun asked the older police officer.
"Yeah. This is the right place, wae?" the clueless officer answered.

The gate was opened and a guard of the house went out and judging the look on his face when he looked at Jiyong, he recognized him. Before the man could spit out something like "Young Master" or "Sir Jiyong", the detective spoke up.

"We're from Gangnam Police Station, you guys reported a theft. Do you certify?" he spoke up, giving the poor man a "act-like-you-dont-know-me" look.
"Ah--ne! Please come in" the guard responded as he ushered them into the place and led them into the house.
"Waa...this place is massive" one of the newly recruited officers behind Seunghyun commented as he looked around the place. "They must be massively rich"

Seunghyun chuckled and was looking at Jiyong who glared at him as they entered the house. The house was how Jiyong remembered it, the white marbled floor, the massive living room...His eyes caught sight of a massive family picture placed at the center of the living room. A family picture of the four of them, his mother, father, him and his little sister. It was taken 7 years ago and he could not believe that they still haven't took it down.

"Huh? Detective Kwon, you and the so---" Seunghyun taped his hand over his senior's mouth to keep it from the others.
"Madame, the police are here" Jiyong saw an elegant woman descending from the stairs and forced himself not to hug her so instead he turned his back.
"Thank you for coming after our distress call" the lady of the house thanked each and every one of them. "Omo, Seunghyun-ah! It's been a long time!" she said as soon as she spotted Seunghyun who removed his hand from Seokjin's mouth.
"Ne, Eomonim. It's been a long time" Seunghyun greeted, sweating nervously as the whole team looked at him.
"I have been informed by your father that you did not want to inherit the business yet and decided to live your life on your own" Mrs. Kwon chattered. "So is this what you do for a living now?"
"Ne, that is right" the young police officer answered.
"You have gotten a very decent job, Seunghyun-ah" the woman let out a motherly scent towards the man who was her son's best friend.

With a deep breath, and Jiyong turned to face the woman. His mother. Seeing his mother's shocked expression, he smiled. Who would not be in shock? The woman never saw her estranged son ever again after he left the house.

"You must be Mrs. Kwon, nice to meet you, Madame" As much as he hated to address her like that, he couldn't call her "Mom" for as soon as he stepped out of the house, all those years ago, he stepped out of her life. "Kwon Jiyong, Police Inspector and Team Leader of Special Task Force Group and Anti-Theft Unit. We're from the Gangnam Police Station. We received a report of theft, do you verify the claim?"
"Ne, that is certain" Mrs. Kwon answered, with a pang of hurt in her eyes as she watched her only son act like a stranger towards her.

The interrogation started and the team investigated. Jiyong would sometimes look and see that his mother has her eyes straight onto him.

"Detective Kwon, are you this family's son?" one of the officers asked and the whole room went tense.
"Mwo...mworago?" Jiyong asked as he went to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter