The Pretender | 요구자

Who Are You | 후아유
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here he is, washing the dishes, playing quiet, acting slow, and pretending to be someone else, Arin thought as she watch her co-worker Oh Sehun doing his chores. She has almost forgotten to do her part until Taemin pokes her shoulder. Arin, out of a sudden while she’s filled with confusion of what she saw that night, suddenly went near Sehun. She watched him, brushing her fingers through her chin. ‘Sehun-ah.’ She called. For a while, Sehun didn’t answer. Now, you’re ignoring me because of last night, huh? ‘Sehun-ah!’ she called again and that’s when Sehun look.

‘Oh, sorry, you were there. What is it?’ Sehun said and asked without being interrupted from washing the dishes.

‘Where were you last night?’

‘Me?’ he looked confused for the sudden question from Arin. Arin nodded and Sehun answered, ‘I was at home, resting for today’s shift. Why?’

Arin’s world paused. This Sehun won’t lie. Or maybe she just doesn’t know. She just nodded as she says, ‘Nothing.’ and leaves him at the dishwashing area to do her part, still thinking of these two similar looking persons. Who are they? Are they aware of each other? Or she is just hallucinating? For another time, she knocked her head for thinking too much.

--

Arin went home late tonight and she can’t stop thinking of it. Was that night just a dream? She asked herself while lying on her bed, wearing her pajamas in the middle of the afternoon when her shift is finally over. She thought of coming back to that place, just to find an answer. If she doesn’t see him there, well then, maybe he’s not real. If he’s there, then it’s another story she has to think of.

Arin, without any questions, went back to the place to see if that guy is there. She walked in, looking around for this guy. As she turns to her left, she failed to prove he’s just an illusion. He is real, and he is right there, walking down from the mezzanine and seems like she met his eyes. Meaning, he might have seen her too.

Omo, he saw me? He can’t see me. I must get out of here. Arin ran before this guy could catch and grab her again. She’ll never want to go back here again just to make sure she’ll never see him again.

She was stopped by a sudden call from her back, her feet went numb and her heart stopped, thinking of this guy who seems to have caught her. ‘Moon Arin!’

Arin slowly turned, shaking, and nervous which she doesn’t know why she is feeling this weird. She has finally heaved a sigh when she saw its Siwan, Jooyeon’s boyfriend. ‘Siwan-ah… you scared me.’

Siwan frowned, chuckling, thinking he didn’t do anything to scare her at all. ‘You’re not with Jooyeon tonight?’

‘Jooyeon just got her night shift, it would be a little impossible to see her here every night. And I think it’s better that I won’t have to go here and get her.’ Arin said, still sighing… really heavy’’

Arin is about to be finally free from anything until…

Yes, he appears. Oh Sehun appeared again, driving his red sports car, while his tinted window slides down and revealed his face to Arin. ‘Hey, Moon Arin.’ *Insert rock background music here*

Arin frowned for seeing him again. Pretend he’s not there. One. Two. Three. RUN! She ran just as she thought of her 3rd count. But… she’s too late when her arm was grabbed from the back.

She pulled her hand from his grab, ‘What is it that you need?’

Sehun looked at her in a serious way, and walked around her with his crossed arms. ‘I have to ask you the same. What is it that you need, knowing that your friend just got her night shift and she couldn’t be here? Perhaps, you were looking for me?’

Arin is just there, standing frozen and realized what she came there for. ‘Does that even matter to you?’ she said and started to walk away but she felt her arm being grabbed again and now to his car.

‘Open the car. Why are you doing this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter