There are things we don't know completely | 우리가 완전히 모르는 것들이 있다

Who Are You | 후아유
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His words keep echoing.

‘You keep asking me that. Every little thing about you matters to me. I- I always have you in my mind. If I see you running in here, I can’t help but chase you. This isn’t hide and seek, but it seems like you’re always hiding from me that i needed to find and see you. Things got worse, do you think what I feel is just as easy as that?  I didn’t know how to stop. I can’t make my day without seeing you.’ this batch of Sehun’s words consistently echoed to her. Arin is overwhelmed that she couldn’t even face him. A part of her wants to say his words in reverse, as if these are coming from her. 

She runs into the elevator, ignoring Sehun who’s is left with his words. She pressed the button of the floor where her unit is then, decides to go up to the rooftop. As the elevator moves up, the door reflects an image of herself who’s bothered of her own self, of her foolishness. She can’t trust herself for feeling this way. Suddenly, it hits her that she must confirm her feelings and if this man is the reason why she feels this way. As she reaches the topmost 9th floor, wishing that Sehun didn’t leave yet, she presses back to the ground floor. 

The elevator stops halfway down. She knows she didn't press any button but the ground floor's.

It seems like Sehun has chosen the right door...

Sehun is trembling, hoping that the door would reveal Moon Arin. The splitting doors slowly revealed the girl he was waiting for, confirming that he has chosen the right door. He runs inside, with his eyes straight towards her while the doors are still stuck opened. As he reaches inside, he pressed into the topmost floor button while Arin can’t figure out what is he up to. Their eyes meet while the elevator started its journey up, again. The glass behind Arin’s back flashes the building lights from a few streets across the place. Arin can’t take her eyes off him who is now approaching her. By her surprise, Sehun suddenly lands his lips on hers and she can’t help herself but freeze. His thumb brushes along her cheeks, and his lips on hers makes her realize the feelings she has for this man. 

Her world at this moment brings her back the truth, the reality that is confusing her if she should still continue seeing this guy or not.

The meeting with Oh Sehun’s uncle flashes back to her. 

'Our Sehun is having quite a hard time adjusting. I hate to break this to you but if you would agree with it, it might turn things better than they are now...If you care about his career, you will do this for him, right?' the CEO clears his throat after.

‘Right now, am I being asked of a favor?’ she asks.

The CEO nodded then, continued.

‘A few months ago, our Sehun suddenly became confused of things. He and his brother were really close and when Jihoon disappears, Sehun was really depressed. We couldn’t reach out to him. He stayed in his room all day without eating, and he was just... just someone you wouldn’t recognize.’

Arin cleared and recalls that name, Jihoon. To her curiosity of that name being mentioned, she then asks, ‘Jihoon... is his brother?’

The CEO nods again then, intertwining his fingers. ‘They were really close, inseparable twins. After two weeks of Jihoon’s disappearance, we were informed...’ he pauses and couldn’t keep his tears to fall, ‘...of his death. Sehun's depression got worse. It was harder to deal with him...’

But then, that flashback slowly fades and it hurts her to recall them all at this very moment. Her tears are flowing down her cheeks while her lips are still under Sehun’s control. 

Sehun notices her tears, Arin suddenly tells him, ‘I’m sorry...’

Thinking that Arin is apologizing for running away, he buries her into his chest then, holds the back of her head firmly and gently like he wants to hold her like that forever. Arin cries inside his embrace. In her mind, she feels sorry for not knowing what this man has gone through. She didn’t know he is hurting, she didn’t know he is suffering. That outrageous image of Oh Sehun gradually disappears as she’s being buried deeper in his embrace. She won’t let go if she can, as long as she could take away the pain that Sehun has in his heart. She has finally decided to keep track and be with him... be that someone who'll understand his weakness in times of his difficulties in accepting reality.

--

There are two things that won't give Arin her desired peace. Worse, these things are related to Oh Sehun. Again, that meeting with Sehun's uncle flashes back to her. It's a tape without ending. It's like someone's pressing a replay button inside her mind.

‘They were really close, inseparable. After Jihoon disappeared, Sehun's depression got worse. It was harder to deal with him...'

It gets more confusing. Arin just couldn't respond. Seeing him cry says how serious it is. In his eyes were sorrow and sympathy for his one and only favorite nephew. 

"Sehun has a dissociative personality disorder... he's having different identities. We thought he was cured after but seeing you dealing with with what seemed like different versions of him, I think we failed. We had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter