Cold Savior | 콜드 구세주

Who Are You | 후아유
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Headache woke up Sehun and as he gets up from bed, he felt like hitting his head on the concrete wall. If only rubbing his temples could take away the pain, he could’ve felt better. At the mirror in his bathroom, reflected his messy hair and slightly swollen eyes. Before his fingers could reach the back of his head, a voice suddenly spoke. He’s alone and no one can speak other than him.

You’ll never win, Oh Sehun. You’ll never win. The voice said.

Sehun travelled his eyes along the bathroom and as he went out of the area, in his bedroom, the voice still echoes the same words. ‘Who are you?’ He asked but the same words responded to him. You’ll never win, Oh Sehun. You’ll never win.

‘Who are you? Show up!’ he asked once again.

The voice suddenly laughed; a laugh familiar to him. His brother used to laugh like that. ‘Hyung?’

The voice laughed repeatedly as if it’s mocking Oh Sehun. And then it says again, You’ll never win. It won’t stop, until Oh Sehun finds it deafening that he has to cover his ears by his hands. ‘Stop it! Hyung, stop it! Leave me alone!’ He cried, when he’s already crouching on the floor.

--

The park looks so quiet this morning and the cold weather embraces her to chill. It’s the day she agreed to meet Oh Sehun who asked her out after that day at the orphanage. It’s just a friendly hangout but Arin wore something brighter, something that somehow her boyish style could vanish but it didn’t help at all. She rubs her hands and blew them off with cold air. ‘Is he coming?’ she whispered to herself.

From a far, Oh Sehun drives pass by the park and he could notice someone sitting at the swing. As he went towards that figure, he knew he wasn’t mistaken and it’s Arin who seemed to have dressed something a bit different than her usual style.

‘Yah, you’re out this early and cold? What do you think are you doing?’ Sehun suddenly said and hissed.

Arin hissed and rolled her eyes. She traveled her eyes wondering if her friend is already there. But he’s out of nowhere. But his look-a-like is in front of her, probably be messing up her day again.

At a distance, someone seems to be rushing towards them. Arin’s attention turned to that direction and her smile suddenly appeared. Sehun watched her. Arin seems so happy seeing that figure of a man who seems to be coming towards them. Is she seeing another man? He asked himself and then turned to her. Now, he knows she might be meeting a guy. He then chuckled. He couldn’t take it even more when the man appeared to be someone else that made Arin just drop back to her seat. Arin whispered to herself, ‘What takes him so long?’

‘Yah, are you meeting someone?’ Sehun asked.

Arin nodded and kept looking around. She was stopped when Sehun suddenly blurted out words she never expected to hear.

‘You think he’ll like you by just wearing that kind? Have you had time to go shopping for a dress other than those jeans? Have you had time cutting your hair or even curling your hair? Have you had time to put some make-up on? Do you think you can attract them just with that?’

Those words were just so painful for Arin to hear. To her, she’s been mocked. No one has ever mocked her like this before. Besides, she thinks she doesn’t have to change her style just for someone. She’s not that kind of girl you can force to show a skin just to attract anybody else. Silence responded Oh Sehun. He didn’t hear anything from her and for a while, he hasn’t noticed his words were like bullets to Arin. But when the silence started to poke his mind, he realized his words actually hurt her yet for him, he still believes it’s the truth.

‘I-I didn’t mean to---’

‘I know people like you don’t watch their words. But it’s fine. You’re used to it. Why do you always appear just to mess up with my day? You’re making yourself even more hateful. Can you just leave me alone?’ Arin said. Her eye show that she’s about to cry but she won’t let him see her tears. She can’t cry just because of someone so foolish to throw words like that.

‘Moon-Arin, I---’

‘Just leave.’

Oh Sehun left just as she said it twice. He regrets saying those words to her; if he could only take those words back. He went back to his car and didn’t drive. He stayed inside, and she could see Arin from afar, who’s finally, gave up the feelings she must’ve been holding back earlier.

Arin at first, you’ll see her strong, full of courage and brave but inside her, is as soft as a bubble that once you try to hurt, she’ll broke down to tears when it’s impossible to see. She’d always wanted to live every girl’s fairytale. Every night in front of her vanity mirror, she’ll imagine being dressed up elegantly and treated respectfully, just like a princess. Oh Sehun just slapped her with the reality that it will never happen.

Sehun, who still regrets his words stayed inside his car which was parked outside the park that can overlook Arin’s figure.  After an hour, no one showed up. He’ll always see Arin looking over the place and he feels pity for her. She’s just waiting for nothing.

He got out of his car and ran back to Arin who’s still there, embracing herself with the coldness of the vacancy at that time; waiting for someone who’s not coming.

‘Yah, aren’t you going to worry about yourself?’ Sehun asked and took off his jacket. He covered his jacket on her. He rubbed his hands and held into her cheeks just to make her feel warm. Arin who’s just watching him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter