All Grey | 모두 다 회색

Who Are You | 후아유
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arin can't wait to see him now that he's finally got a reply from Black Sehun. He's back. She thought she'd lost in touch for a while since it was White Sehun's in control. On her way near the park, again, looking for a trace of his car, she finds nothing. Ahh, he must not have brought it again like last time. She went straight to the playground and she knew he won't break that promise. She then shouts his name, 'Sehun-ah!' excitingly meeting her boyfriend again. Her smile disappeared as the person by the swing turns around, looking oblivious. She apologized for the mistake and sighed for not being able to recognize him like last time. Did I come too early this time? It's 6:30. Maybe after 15 mins? She thought.

An hour passed... he didn't come at all. Did he forget we're meeting tonight? Did he fall asleep? Ahh, he must be so tired. She tried to understand him. It's not like he's done this before?

---

A loud ringing sound coming from his left side shook him up awake. As he turns off his alarm clock to start this new morning, pulled off the sheets and tossed it just over the bed and headed to the bathroom for a rinse. From his face down to his clothes that seemed like he hasn't changed for bedtime last night, that's when he realized he missed something important. He rushes to his bed and took his phone to check back the time, then to Arin's message box. He missed the meeting. He asked to meet her yet he failed to come himself. As to how he failed to come, he recalled...

He went into his counterpart's house, finally getting the idea of how to spend more time with Arin. By now, he's caught on Arin and his counterpart's relationship. 'You think you could still come back? Hyung has finally made it easier to win the woman over. Sehun-ah, let me borrow your phone for now, huh? Can I just borrow the whole you instead? Can't you be a little more generous to hyung?' he said while searching the room for the phone. As he slips his hand underneath the pillow, he finds his counterpart's phone and did the fingerprint system to unlock it. Now, he has access to his conversation with Arin. He clicked his tongue, 'You were having such a good time when hyung was away, Sehun-ah.'

'Arin-ah, I'm sorry I couldn't reply back. I was working on some papers all day. Can we meet after your work? 7 pm at the park.' *message sent*

While waiting for Arin's reply, he yawned and sat on the bed until he slowly felt sleepy, making a space for himself to dreamland. In short, he slept.

'Are you coming? You must be tired. I actually came late so it's okay. Let's meet some other time. Rest well, Sehun-ah.' says Arin's last message on his inbox.

---

'Mrs. Hong!' shouts a lady from the shrubbed fence of the orphanage. Arin then opens the gate for herself as if it was left open for her. She was looking for the kids but saw none of them running and playing around. Mrs. Hong walked from the lobby towards her, assuming that she must be wondering where the kids have gone to. 'Oh, Arin, you came? The kids went to the zoo with Ms. Lee. They were so excited that they forgot to close the gate.' she explained. 

As the two walked around the garden, with Mrs. Hong checking the plants by one, Arin takes out the photo she borrowed from last time. 'Mrs. Hong, about Oh Jihoon from this photo, when did he started volunteering here?'

Mrs. Hong continued walking and took the photo from the younger lady. 'Jihoon... we met him 2 years ago. One of the kids got lost during our trip to a temple in Gangwon-do. He happened to have found the boy and brought him to us. We had a short conversation, he asked if he could visit the boy next time. Then he just kept coming back. He seemed to have loved the kids' company a lot. Then he suddenly stopped coming... has it been 6 months now? We never heard of him until you brought his name up. Why, did something happen to him?' 

'I honestly don't know, Mrs. Hong.' she paused for a while and thought maybe this conversation shouldn't get any deeper. 'A friend of mine is just curious about him. I'm just running an errand, no need to worry.' she continued.

---

Her work is done and as she was about to put to padlock hooked back to her locker after changing back into her casual clothes, she hears a knock by the door. 'Arin, are you free tonight? Everyone's going out for a drink, it's Haein's treat. Wanna go?' the girl said while gesturing a soju sign with her hand, clicking her tongue. Arin thought she rarely go out for a drink with other people except for Jooyeon, she's a casual drinker after all. However, maybe she'll let this night pass and spend time with her co-workers since tomorrow is a weekend and she won't be working. 

Across the long wooden finish table, A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter