The Twin Who Disappeared | 사라진 쌍이

Who Are You | 후아유
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*phone rings* Sehun took his phone and excused himself for the call.

'I need to take this call...' he said before walking away from the swing.

'You must be calling because you've found what I asked you to.' Sehun said to the caller.

"You're right. I've found him, Sehun.''

'Send me the every details and the address, then I'll come.'

He came back after a minute, with an anxious look on his face. 'Something urgent came up, I'll take you home.' he said hastily, towards his car and opened the door for Arin.

---

Kim Junmyeon, a young detective and a close friend of him, has been helping him find out the reason of Jihoon, his brother's disappearance. Oh Jihoon's disappearance was a nightmare Sehun couldn't forget. He was the brother he respected and looked up to as they grew up. Jihoon was the older twin, serving as the protector of their twin bond while Sehun was always considered the weak, cry-baby who needed that protection from his brother.

Junmyeon gets into Sehun's car and started discussing his findings. 'You read my email, right? Are we heading to Gangwon-do now? Will you be alright? You know, we don't have to come today if it's hard for you.' he said while buckling up his seatbelt beside Sehun.

He started the engine and held onto the gear stick, 'I have to find out the truth, hyung.' 

'The witness was an old lady. She owns a mini restaurant across the temple so she sees everyone who comes in and out of the place. She saw your brother on that day of his disappearance.' Junmyeon shared, while scanning his notebook. 'Ah, another thing, she definitely said there was another person with him.' 

Another person. Words that made him step on the brake. Jihoon's disappearance was a vague case. He was suddenly dead, returned as an unidentifiable beheaded body. The body's belongings were all Jihoon's so it was certainly him as identified by his family, by Sehun personally through that polo he gave him on his recent birthday. He was seen last near the temple when his body was found back in Seoul.

As their converse through the details, they've finally reached the old lady's restaurant and it definitely was across the temple. Junmyeon knocked on the door and greeted by a young lady serving food to one of the customers. The two guys headed to the counter and waited for the lady. 'Is the owner a woman in her late 50s?' Sehun asked as he travelled his eyes around the restaurant.

'Ah, you mean Mrs. Gong? She's indeed in her late 50s. But may I know why you're looking for her?' the lady asks, while brushing her hands on her flower-patterned apron. 'We'd like to ask her something. Is it possible to talk to her right now?'

The lady walked to the restaurant's backroom and called for Mrs. Gong. A minute after, she came back with an old lady who fits the witness' description. The old lady in her late 50s. 'Oh, Detective Kim? You came. It's nice to see you. Would you like something to drink?' Mrs. Gong suggested, staring at the guy behind the petite detective, and gesturing her younger assistant to go make something for the two guys. 

'Mrs. Gong, we'd like to go over the details you told us over the phone. About the man you saw 6 months ago near the temple.' with his notebook and pen ready, Junmyeon asked. The old lady's eyes are locked onto Sehun, with a strange look on her face. 'Since i'm getting asked, might as well know what is going on? Are you after a criminal lingering around the temple?' she raised with a frightnened expression. 

'It's nothing like that. That man you saw went missing after that day you saw him. And you did say there was another person, will you describe us the person with him?' 

Sehun, who's patiently waiting for her answers, scared by the old lady, 'Oh. Then why is he with you right now?' she exclaimed.

'Ah, I'm his twin brother. Please give us some details regarding the other person.' Sehun clears her assumption. 

'Well, I really couldn't see that person's face, but he was wearing black, it was covering his head. They seemed acquainted that it didn't look strange at all. They're headed for the temple, most likely. Since they took the staircase. I'm definitely sure it was the guy looking like him *pointing at Sehun* 'cause when they came back down from the temple, I got to talk with him when he asked for the nearest convenience store's direction. I saw the guy in black was already inside the car that time.' Mrs. Gong explained in details.

---

Arin arrives early at her workplace and searched for Oh Sehun. 'Oh Sehun's not early today, huh?' she asked silently. One of her co-workers responded to her, 'You didn't know? He's out! It's been over a week. Well who knew! We all thought he was just on-sick leave.' 

She th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter