Chapter Seven

Love is Blind/ Crazy for Love

“Woobin make sure you schedule is open tomorrow, we arrange a meeting for you to meet your fiancé for the third time” said his mother.

“Mom really” said Woobin, “neh you always want to go off whenever you’re trying to meet her, this time you cannot run off, so tomorrow you will be home and first thing we’re going to go visit them” said his mother.

Woobin’s mode was ruin when he heard he had to meet his fiancé again. He first met Jiwon when they were done with high school and the second time when they got done with college. Ever since then, he’s been running away with meeting with his fiancé.

Jiyeon got home and her parents were so happy that she was home, “oh my Jiyeon is home safe, I miss you so much” said her mother.

“I miss you too omma, I got you and father something” said Jiyeon, “what is it” said her parents.

“Here you go” Jiyeon bought her parents two matching shirts and two matching jackets. “Thank you so much Jiyeon, we love it” said her stepfather and mother.

Jiyeon received a text, “Sorry again, I probably won’t make it today, and something urgent came up.” It was a text from Woobin.

“Who is it?” ask her mother, “ah no one, it’s just work, I am going to go to bed, I had a long day” said Jiyeon, “okay, go ahead, I’ll put your things back” said Jiyeon, “it’s okay I will unpack my stuff later, love you guys” said Jiyeon as she walk into her room and lay on her bed.

“What am I thinking, he’s from a rich family and he’s getting engage, you must be crazy Jiyeon, don’t fall so hard in love now” as she was talking to herself. 

The next day, Woobin had no choice but to go meet his fiancé again with his parents. Jiwon was also irritated because she had to go meet him too.

“Do I really have to go?” ask Jiwon, “yes” said her parents. Jiwon’s mood was down, due to the fact that she had to go meet her fiancé.

“Oppa, I have to go meet my fiancé today, sorry, I’ll call you later okay.” Kimbum saw the text and was upset about it but he couldn’t do anything about it, so he continues doing what he was doing at work although he was hurt.

“Aish!” said Kimbum as he got frustrated, “are you okay?” one of his coworker who was worry about Kimbum.

“I am okay, thanks though” said Kimbum, “go take a breather if you need it okay.” Kimbum got up and went for a walk, he didn’t go anywhere far from his work.

He sat down where no one will see him, he was thinking to himself, all of a sudden he started crying to himself with no one to lean on. Kimbum was so hurt due to the fact that he cannot be with the person that he loves because of her parents.

A woman came up with a handkerchief, Kimbum look up and stopped crying, “here you go, it’s okay to cry if you are struggling or if something isn’t working out” said Jiyeon.

“Thank you” said Kimbum, “can I sit down with you” ask Jiyeon, “sure” said Kimbum, and “I’m Park Jiyeon by the way” Kimbum look at her, “I’m Kimbum” as he was still crying.

“Are you okay?” ask Jiyeon, “not really” said Kimbum, “if it’s about a girl, then let her know how you are feeling, if she’s your girlfriend and nothing is going right, let her know how you truly feel. Us girls wants to know how our man is feeling in the inside, don’t keep it inside of you, it’s only going to bring the worst out of you” said Jiyeon.

“Thanks, but no thanks I won’t say anything to her” said Kimbum, “why not, she’s your girlfriend, if you’re hurting and making her happy, then it will hurt the both of you guys, she will come to realize that you were always hurting in the inside and that she never saw that because she thought you guys were happy” said Jiyeon.

“She’s getting marry soon, to someone rich” said Kimbum, “wow, I am sorry to hear that Kimbum, but still let her know, in this world we need someone to help carry and share our pains with, if she loves you, she will always find a way to be with you no matter what and you will not give up on her” said Jiyeon.

“Thank you, how do you know so much about this?” Ask Kimbum, “Someone I know is going through something similar, he’s getting marry but he doesn’t want to get marry to her, so I told him something similar” said Jiyeon.

“Thank you, did you say you were Jiyeon” ask Kimbum, “yes, well, I hope you’re feeling better, don’t give up okay” said Jiyeon as she got up and was heading out to her work place.

“You be safe now Jiyeon” said Kimbum, “you be strong, hwaiting” said Jiyeon as she continued walking to the bus station.

Woobin sat on the table and Jiwon was across from him, they both smile at each other but weren’t happy about the situation that they’re put in.

“Nice to meet you again Woobin” said Jiwon’s step mother. Woobin nod his head, “well nice to meet you guys again, how is everything” said Woobin’s mother.

Woobin stayed quiet during the meeting and quietly ate. “Why are you so quiet” ask Jiwon’s step mother, “oh I am just enjoying my food, carry-on” said Woobin.

“Ya, ever since we got here, you only say little words” said his mother, “you know I didn’t want to come to his meeting” said Woobin.

“Woobin!” said his father, “sorry, but I have to get going, thank you for this lunch” said Woobin as he got up. “Sit down” said his father, “sorry father, I don’t want to be here” said Woobin as he walk out.

Jiwon’s parent looked at Woobin and his parents apologize for his behavior, “he’s right, I don’t want to be here too, thanks for the lunch, see you guys later” said Jiwon as she got up and left. “Jiwon” said her father, she ignored him and walked off too.

Woobin was waiting for his car, Jiwon walk and stop next to him, “thanks for walking out first, I was about to walk out cause I couldn’t stand it” said Jiwon, “your welcome, and don’t worry, I know how it feels to marry someone you don’t love” said Woobin.

“Thank you” said Jiwon, “how are you and Kimbum doing?” ask Woobin, “He’s doing fine” said Jiwon, “next time if we’re going out to eat, bring him along, I have someone who I want you to meet” said Woobin.

“Oh really, okay, how about later, we all can go have some soju and Korean bbq” said Jiwon, “sure that sounds like a plan, see you later okay” said Woobin.

“See you” said Jiwon and smile, she then walk to her car.

Woobin called Jiyeon. “What are you doing later?” ask Woobin, “nothing why?” ask Jiyeon, “let’s go out and have some Korean bbq and soju, my treat” said Woobin, “okay, sure” said Jiyeon, “where will you be later” ask Woobin, “at home, I just came back from my work place after dropping off some reports to them” said Jiyeon, “okay, I’ll come get you later at your house okay” said Woobin.

“Okay, I’ll text you my address” said Jiyeon as they hung up the phone. Jiyeon was happy that he called her and so she text her address to him.

Woobin smile and continued driving.

“What are you doing oppa?” ask Jiwon, “I am still at work why?” ask Kimbum, “are you off?” ask Jiwon, “I just got off, about to go home now” said Kimbum, “let’s go get something to eat and go drink some soju” said Jiwon.

“Why? I forgot to ask you, I was busy the whole day, how did the meeting go?” ask Kimbum, “it went well, he walked off on me and I walked off on my parents, I was really happy” said Jiwon. “Wow” said Kimbum.

“Stop frowning and smile oppa” said Jiwon. Kimbum was confused so he looked around and saw Jiwon looking at him, she walk towards him and hung up the phone and hug Kimbum, he hug her back.

“I miss you so much” said Jiwon, “I miss you too” said Kimbum.

“Come on, let’s go get something to eat, my fiancé is going to be there” said Jiwon, “then why are we going?” ask Kimbum, “because he wants us to meet someone” said Jiwon, “okay” said Kimbum, “come on” said Jiwon as they got into his car and drove off to the place.

Jiwon and Kimbum got to the place, Woobin and Jiyeon was waiting for them, “ya you didn’t tell me anyone is joining us” said Jiyeon, “well now you know” said Woobin.

“Hi” said Jiwon. “Hello” said Woobin. “Who is that?” ask Jiwon, “my girlfriend” said Woobin. “Wow, she is pretty, nice to meet you I am Kim Jiwon” said Jiwon, “I am Park Jiyeon” said Jiyeon.

“Oh it’s you” said Jiyeon, “oh it’s you too” said Kimbum, “you two know each other” ask Woobin, “ah, I just saw him..” Jiyeon was looking at Kimbum and she had a feeling she didn’t want her to say anything, “he help me fix my car when I was at the car mechanic” said Jiyeon.

Kimbum look at Jiyeon and smile, “neh, I helped her” said Kimbum, “of course, my handsome boyfriend is always helping his customers he forgets about me” said Jiwon, “hey, don’t say that, you’re busy yourself” said Woobin.

“Jiyeon, this is my fiancé that I was telling you about” said Woobin, “wow, you are straightforward” said Jiyeon as she was shock. Kimbum was shock and surprise too at the fact that the world is so small.

“Woobin, did you really have to say that?” ask Jiwon, “well why not, and plus did I tell you I just walk out of the meeting, I was like dying in there, you just didn’t know” said Woobin. “Really?” said Jiyeon.

Jiwon took off her coat and when she sat down she saw Jiyeon’s necklace and it look quite similar to her, “nice necklace where did you get it from?” ask Jiwon, “oh, thank you, my mother gave it to me when I was a baby” said Jiyeon.

“Your mother, when you were a baby?” ask Jiwon, “neh, she said it’s one of a kind necklace, it protects me and tells me who I am and said no one else have the necklace besides me” said Jiyeon.

Jiwon was a bit conflicted because she had another necklace similar to her and didn’t understand if what she saw was true.

“So, how are you doing these day?” ask Woobin, “I’ve been fine, nothing new in life, well beside you know what, but yeah, nothing in my life is interesting” said Kimbum.

“Can I ask you again, would you want to work with me?” ask Kimbum, “what you ask him to work with you?” ask Jiwon, “neh, why not, he seems like a cook guy” said Woobin.

“Thank you but I would pass again, I have a dream of my own” said Kimbum, “really” said Jiwon.

“Nice, what are you thinking about, I can probably help you” said Woobin, “I was hoping to open my own business, like my own radio station and a wrestling ring underneath for those who wants learn boxing” said Kimbm.

“Oh nice, boxing, I love that, why not, how about this, I help you build your dream business in one return” said Woobin.

“What?” ask Kimbum, “make sure you take my place, my place in hand and marry Jiwon, I know the hardship you two face and it’s just not me, marrying someone who already have a lover” said Woobin.

“Okay, deal” said Kimbum.

“Oppa” said Jiwon as she was worry with Kimbum and Woobin’s deal.