Episode 18

Between Me and You : Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
EPISODE 18 Lee Ya Na   "Please get ready for the surgery" Dr.Cho said to us.   "Ne!!" today we will perform a surgery for Jung Ju Ri, 12 years old kid that suffered from Pancreatic Cancer.   "Dr.Lee , you wil be First Assistant for this surgery" he told me.   "Ne" I answered him spiritually.   Kring Kring Kring Kring   "Hello" I pick up the phone call immediately.   "Mr. Nam Woo Hyun's wife ?" when I look back at the caller it shows a public number. What happened to Woohyun?   "Yes I am" I said to her nervously.   "Mrs.Nam had an accident just now and please come to the Seoul Hospital immediately"  she told me and I cupped my mouth due to shock.   "Dr.Lee something is happen?" Sungyeol asks me. I hang up the phone call and the information still loading in my mind.   "Dr.Lee" and now Dr.Do called my name.   "Dr.Do, you have to replace me" I said to him.   "What?" I know he can do this.   " but I think Dr.Hwang is more capable to do this since he's from HPB department " Dr. Do said and I ignore his request.   "No, you have to do this" I told him.   "I'm really sorry but I have to go" I said to them and bow. I know my decisions are wrong but Woohyun is more important than everything.   Woohyun-ah , hold yourself .. don't go anywhere.. love that keeps us alive right?

 

+++   " Ahjusshi, drive faster please " I ask the driver. I clasp my hands together because I'm so scared and nervous.   "Please Woohyun... please be okay" I murmured. I called Sungkyu just now to pick Minguk's up and straight away come to the hospital.   "We're arrived already" he told me. I pay him some amount of the money and run to the hospital as fast I can.   "Nam Woo Hyun" I ask a nurse that works there and she founds for me.   "Room 212 " she told me.   "Thank you miss" I search his room promptly. I really hope there's nothing serious happened to him. I open the door slowly because I'm afraid to look at his conditions.   "Woohyun-ah" I feel sorrow when I look at his condition. There's nothing wrong with his face but his right hand wore forearm cast from finger up past to his wrist but below the elbow I can tell his wrist is fractured. Usually, this type of fracture takes 3-6 months to heal. I look at him silently without making any noise because I want him to rest.   However, his condition is weird though I mean only his wrist is injured and there's no other injuries.   Then someone enter the room..   "You're his wife?" the doctor asks me.   "Yes I am”   “Can we talk outside?” he said and I follow him. Is something bad with Woohyun’s condition?   “Yes Dr.” suddenly there is two policemen appear and approach us.   “What is happening here?” I ask them. The doctor and the policemen look at each other , sending a worried face. Then, the doctors leave me alone with the policeman.   “Mrs.Nam , actually Mr.Nam’s cases is not a mere accident” the policeman with plump and fair skin started first.   “What do you mean?” then the other policemen speak,   “According to the report, Mr.Nam is being hit at the back by using blunt object”   “Hit by a blunt object?” I hold my breath.   “Ne, the exact causes of the Mr.Nam’s fractured wrist is due to direct blow from the culprit after he got fainted and we believed this is sabotage case” sabotage? But who wants to sabotage him?    “Do you perhaps can list down the possible suspect for this case?” I shook my head .I’m still perplexed with the news and I don’t know if Woohyun has enemy.   “Omma!!” when my face turns to the direction of the voices, I saw Minguk is running towards us.   “Minguk-ah” I hug him right away and how can I bring him towards his father.   “Sungkyu-shi , thank you so much” I thanked him and he nods. He must be shocked when he saw there’s two policemen here.   “Who are you?” the plump policeman asks me about Sungkyu.   “Oh, he is Woohyun’s bestfriend , Kim Sung Kyu” I introduced him to them.   “Ya Na-shi, what is happening?” he asks me.   “I’m not sure” I answered him.   “Mr.Kim can we question you a bit?” they said and Sungkyu nods. Then , I took the chance bringing Minguk into the ward. He promptly runs as he saw his father laying vulnerably on the bed.   “Appa!!Are you okay?’ he stands on the chair to get better view of his father and thanks to Minguk . Woohyun is conscious now.   "Minguk-ah" he looks at us tiredly. It must be the side effects of the drugs. Don't wants to disturb them, I walk out from the room and joins Sungkyu instead.   "Thank you so much" Sungkyu bow to them and I'm also do the same. What the two policemen has been said it's not real to me because I know Woohyun doesn't have enemy and I'm sure he is kind to everyone.   "Has Woohyun gained his consciousness ?"he ask me and I nod.   "Good then, later, they will questioned Woohyun" Sungkyu told me and again I nod.   "What else they told you?" I ask Sungkyu and he sits on the chair without saying anything. Then, I joined sitting beside him.   "It's really a sabotage cases " he told me confidently.   "What makes you said that?"   "They found Woohyun's camera broke , the film was cut and all the things necessary for photo shoot is literally damaged" so someone really jealous with Woohyun's career?   "Do you have someone in your mind?" yes I am. The only person who hates seeing Woohyun happy with his jobs is his parents.   "No" I lied.   "How about you ?" I ask him.   "Ra Hee" how did he knows about her?   "Kang Ra Hee? Do you know her?" I ask him more.   "We've never met before but Woohyun talks a lot about her and how much he hates her. For me, all the bad things must be planned by her" I didn't think the same though. Ra Hee is not like that.   "You can't accused her like that" I said to him and he sigh.   "Let's go inside"   "Ne" I followed him and we saw Minguk is laughing happily with Woohyun.   "The new teacher is old ?" Woohyun ask him.   "Ne, she's very fierce" Minguk said with fierce expressions.   "Hey, bro how can it be like this?" Sungkyu ask him.   "I don't know" he answered vulnerably. Then, I sit beside Woohyun on the chair while Minguk sitting on my lap.   "I don't even remember anything" he adds.   "The last thing I remember I bought cake and then someone hit me from the back. I don't know how my wrist end up like this" I can see he is telling the truth.   "Cake?" Minguk ask him.   "Ne, that's for your mom and not for you" I feel touched when he said that. If only he's not buying the cake for me….   "Dr.Lee you don't want to say anything?" Woohyun said to me and I smile because he mentioned the word ' Dr.Lee'.   "Rest well" I said to him.   "I'm so hungry, can I eat something?" Woohyun told me and then I reply….   "You will eat hospital food after this" I said to him and then Minguk smirking   "Appa, will taste hospital food just like me" yeah, I still remember Woohyun complained about hospital food when Minguk admitted to the hospital.   Kring Kring Kring Kring   I answer my phone calls immediately.   "Hello" I heard Dr.Cho voices.   "Dr.Lee, please send a condolence message to Jung Ju Ri's family" no no no!! The surgery is failed ? Jung Ju Ri is not survive?   "Ya Na-ah, are you okay? What happen? " Woohyun ask me as I hung up the phone call sadly.   "I have to go hospital" I said to him and peck Minguk on his cheek.   "Woohyun-ah , I'll call you later and Sungkyu please take care of them both" I said and left them hurriedly. I can't believe the surgery was failed and is it my fault?

 

+++

 

As soon as I entered the office department everyone is sending me a solemn looks. I don't know how to face them especially Dr.Cho.   "Follow me" I follow him to the office.   "You can't do this! How can you left us in the middle of surgery?" he’s scowling.   "But the surgery is not even started " I fight back.   "And how can you ask Dr.Do to replace you?" he ask me.   "Because he's capable to do it for me"   "He's capable? He's almost fainted during the surgery because of anxiety and that cause the surgery to delay about one minute" he said with angry voices.  I don't know Dr.Do has anxiety.   "However, Ju Ri can't stay strong during that one minute" Dr.Cho told me and I'm in verge of tears. The moment I walk out from the office room everyone started to chat about me.   "If only she let Dr.Hwang to replace her ….that girl might be survived" I heard one of the nurse said.   "Ne, ah she thinks she's so good" I heard another one.  It’s not that I don’t want to give chance for Dr.Hwang but he is in 1st year residence. I can’t stand this kind of bad assumptions anymore and I need to rest. “I’m sorry for yo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter