- The House Across The Street Pt. 2 - YOONGI

THIS IS HALLOWEEN - BTS One-Shot Bundle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surprise Update since someone on Tumblr requested a second part. Please enjoy.

~~

It had been one year after you encountered the ghost of a dead boy on Halloween night. In this past year, you had managed to graduate and you even got accepted to a great University.

After you had found out that the boy, Yoongi, had been dead, you had a mental breakdown. Your mother had found you in your room, crying and hyperventilating. She had asked you what was going on over and over again, but as you finally tried to explain it to her – tried to explain to her that you had spent the whole night with a boy who is apparently dead – she told you that you must have been dreaming. But you knew you didn't. You knew it was real.

You spent days trying to get information on the case – what happened and why he would kill himself – but at some point your mother drew a line. She thought you were going insane, so she sent you to a psychologist for a few weeks. But it was no use. You knew that you weren't insane, and there was nothing a psychologist could do for you.

Interested in why somebody would kill themselves and wanting to save kids from sharing the same fate that Yoongi had, you decided to study psychology. But now was October again, and, sitting in your dorm room, it itched your fingers to drive home. To see if he would appear again. And a tiny part of yourself wanted to make sure that you were really not insane.

The free-line signal repeated through the speakers of your phone as you were calling your mother. It took her a while to answer, but as she did, she sounded a little surprised. “Honey, that's a nice surprise! Are you doing fine? How is Uni?” You chuckled to yourself at the endless questions. “I'm fine, Mom. Uni is good. I like it.” “That's great. Why are you calling? Dad and I miss you.” You bit your lip, hesitating to answer as you were already packing a suit case with clothes. “Well” you started, flipping the case shut and let yourself sink on your bed. “I actually wanted to come and visit you this weekend” you explained and waited for an answer.

“That sounds great, honey. Come whenever you want, you still have your key, right?” “Yes” you answered, a little smile plastered onto your lips. “Thanks, mom. See you then!” You hung up the line and fell back on your bed. Excitement spread in your bones. Just thinking about him made you feel giddy and restless.

The next day, October 30, you entered the train that would take you home. The weather wasn't as nice as it was last year, but you were happy, anyway. You watched the rain droplets form into thick, fat drops on the window until they were so heavy, the speed of the train would let them run away. With your finger, you traced the path they made and the glass felt really cold underneath your warm touch. It was even fogging a little around your finger, leaving a perfect outline behind.

You smiled to yourself, but as you noticed your reflection in the window, it faded a little. Your skin appeared really gray and you were still really pale. If even, you've gotten even paler and, due to studying a lot, the circled underneath your eyes became more prominent. A sigh escaped your lips and you drew your eyes away.

As you finally reached your train station, you pushed through the masses of people commuting home. “(Y/N)!” you heard your name being called out and your head spun around o find your mother waving a you. You gave her a warm smile and waved back, walking over to her. The two of you hugged tightly and you followed her to her car.

“Was the drive okay?” she asked as she took the suit case and stashed it in the trunk. “It was alright.” On the drive home, you talked about Uni and the part-time job you got to earn a little money.

At home, a warm feeling wrapped around your heart. The usual scent of fresh coffee lingered in the air, and on the fridge, your mom had put up the family photo taken on your last birthday. “Why don't you go up to your room and unpack?” your mother suggested. “Everything's still the way you left it.” you nodded and slung your arm around her. Your mother hugged you a little tighter and kissed your cheek. “It's so nice to see you back here. Even though it's been only two months.”

You carried your suit case upstairs and, a little hesitant, turned the door knob. As your mom had said, everything still looked exactly the same. It only took you a minute or so to settle in. It was already late, since you had classes in the morning, so you changed into something comfortable and joined your mother, helping to prepare dinner.

“Where's Dad?” you asked as you were already eating. “He's been working late nights lately. We really need the extra money for a new car.” You nodded and a loud yawn escaped your mouth. “Ah, aigo. Is my little baby tired?” she asked, squeezing one of your cheeks. You giggled but turned away. “Yes, Studying is fun, but also hard.” You took a glimpse at the watch above the door leading into the hallway and rubbed your eyes. You wanted to be alone, but you didn't want to hurt your mother's feelings “I think I'm going to call it a night now, or else I will fall asleep standing up.” You mother laughed, but wished you a good night.

Upstairs, you locked your door behind you and, while stretching your arms above your head, you decided to take a quick, hot shower before going to bed. When you were done, you slipped into shorts and pulled your University over your head before diving into your bed. Various thoughts ran across your mind, but most of them circulated around Yoongi, and whether he would appear the next day. You fell asleep remembering the day you spent and how soft his lips felt on yours and how you really wanted to see him again.

You woke up to a sound in the house that made you sit up straight in a split second. As you looked around in your room, you saw a movement in your mirror, but as you spun your head, you couldn't see anything. Slowly, you put your feet onto the cold floor and got up from your bed. You tip-toed to your door and opened it a crack. You heard footsteps on the first floor, somebody opening the fridge and closing it. You figured that it was probably just your dad coming home, so you closed the door again and, since you needed to pee, entered the bathroom.

Your reflection seemed really tired as you washed your hands – your eyes were swollen and your face was really puffy. Groaning sightly, you went back into your room, slipped underneath your blankets and turned to face the door. To your surprise, it stood open a crack. Furrowing your brows, you got up again and pushed it shut, the clicking of the lock assuring you that it was really close this time. “Weird” you mumbled to yourself. “I really thought I had closed it before.” You shrugged and went back to bed, not giving it another thought.

The next morning, you wanted to surprise your parents with breakfast. You got up extra early, got dressed and went to the next super market to buy fresh pastries and fruits. On your way home, you stopped in front of your house and threw a glance over to the house across the street. It seemed really abandoned and there was no sign of somebody inhabiting it.

You had read that the owners of the house had renovated the building and tried to sell it, but nobody wanted it. A lot of people had come to look at it, but they either had a strange feeling about it, or weird things kept happening. Shaking your head a little, you went up the porch and unlocked the front door. Before closing it behind you, your eyes scanned the house one more time, and your heart jumped when you thought that you saw somebody looking back at you through one of the windows on the upper level. You shook the thought off, though, and went to prepare the food in the kitchen.

“What are you up to today?” you asked your parents about an hour later, shoving half of a croissant into your mouth at once. They both laughed at the picture you gave, and you choke a little. It had been ages since you've had a nice breakfast like this. “We're meeting some friends for dinner tonight” your mother explained, taking a sip of her coffee. “And you, sweety?”

You clenched your lips between your teeth and crinkled your nose. “Uh, I've got nothing planned. Maybe jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter