- The House Across The Street - YOONGI

THIS IS HALLOWEEN - BTS One-Shot Bundle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„What's the legend behind Halloween?“ your teacher asked the class. It was the last period of the day before you were released into the weekend. Apparently, your teacher was American, and she loved the Halloween tradition.

“The ghosts of the dead are able to walk among the living on Halloween” one of your smarty-pants class mates answered and you sighed to yourself. Turning your face to the window, your reflection was visible in the glass, revealing your more than bored grimace.

“The traditional Jack-o-Laterns are supposed to keep the evil spirits away from your house” your teacher explained now, and you scoffed to yourself. Never had you heard such bull. Uninterested, you watched the leaves, the wind had picked up, whirling around on the floor outside. As the bell finally released you into the weekend, you grabbed your bag and were about to storm out of the room, when your teacher stopped the class. She decided it would be fun for you to carve pumpkins, and so she handed out ideas for faces to carve into it.

You rolled your eyes while grabbing the paper and squeezed through the students and finally reached the exit. As soon as you stepped a foot into the hallway, you crumbled up the sheet and tossed it into the trash can without a second thought.

When you reached your house after a 10 minute walk home, you unlocked the door and stepped in. You peeled your coat off of yourself and unwound the scarf around your neck. The house seemed pretty quiet, and after putting away your jacket, you entered the living room.

“Mom? Dad?” you called. “Are you home?” When you got no answer, you moved on to the kitchen. There, you found a note on the counter. You dragged yourself over to it and picked up the piece of paper, reading it to yourself.

“Hello (Y/N). Your Mom and I are spontaneously visiting friends in Busan. We left you some money and there's food in the fridge. Take good care of yourself. Love, Dad.”

You pumped a fist of victory into the air and a smile appeared on your face. You liked being home alone. You would slouch around on the sofa the whole day, watching movies or the new episodes of your favorite shows. And that was exactly how you would spend this weekend as well.

You quickly stuffed the money your parents left into your wallet and shrugged on your coat again. You were going to visit the closest super market, since you would need popcorn and a lot of sweets for your movie binge. At the door, you slipped into your favorite pair of black boots and threw one last glance at yourself in the mirror.

Your skin was very pale. A lot of people were actually jealous of it, but you just though that, along with the dark circles under your eyes, you looked sick. You sighed quietly, turned away and pulled the door open, just as somebody was about to ring the doorbell. Both of you jumped a little, and a high pitched squeak escaped your throat.

“Who are you?” you asked rudely, the shock still deep in your bones. “I, uhm...sorry” the boy stuttered and held up a box with his hands. “My name is Yoongi and I just moved into the house across the street” he explained and pointed at the house with his chin.

You eyed him cautiously. He wasn't very tall and his platinum blonde hair highlighted the paleness of his skin. At least you weren't the only one that looked like this. The way he stood on your front porch seemed hesitant and he was still holding the box in his hands awkwardly. “These are for you. Rice cakes. My mom wanted me to bring them over” he mumbled.

You took them and placed them in your hall. “Thanks a lot, but I'm heading out now.” “Where are you going? Maybe you can show me around a little since I just moved here?” You pressed your lips into a thin line, but gave up a second later. It hadn't been long since you moved here, after all, so you knew how much it to be new.

“I'm just going to the supermarket, though” you replied and he nodded. Digging your hands deep into the pockets of your coat, you set yourself in motion and Yoongi followed you. It seemed like both of you weren't the ones to talk much, so most of the way was spent in silence, except when you pointed at interesting stores or buildings that lay on your way.

In the store, you packed popcorn, chocolate, ice cream and coke into a basket. You found Yoongi giving your selection of items a weird look, and your mouth pulled into a lopsided grin. “My parents aren't home. I'm going to spent the weekend watching movies” you explained and he nodded, his mouth shaping a small O.

“Are you alone often?” he then asked, and you truthfully shook your head. “No, but I enjoy it when I am.” Yoongi bit his lip and faced the cracked tile floor. “I'm alone often” he said quietly, and sadness filled his voice. You tried to ignore it, but you instantly felt bad for it.

He followed you to the check-out and with the miserable look in his eyes and his hands visibly balled into fists in the pockets of his black jeans, he really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter