That Cafe Across the Street

Agent 103 (Sequel to: Agent 004) [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’ll check it out and then head back to Korea.” Baekhyun got a quick nod from Myungsoo and together they approached the door. Upon closer inspection, Baekhyun finally found a key conveniently laid by the entrance. He slotted the key and they were greeted by another whiff of disgusting odour.

 

“It smells as if someone died in here.” Myungsoo said frankly and saw Baekhyun already a step ahead. For someone who was eager to head back to Korea, he sure was keen with the room. Once he heard what Myungsoo had spoken, he sneaked a look back and part of his brain lighted up. An instant change of expression from curiosity to wide-eyed realisation came upon the senior field agent’s face.

 

Following his guts, Baekhyun lightly took a few steps forward, not forgetting to light up the dark path in front of him. “Why is it so dark in here to begin with?” Before he knew it, Myungsoo lighted up the room with lights after finding out where the switch was. Unlike the outside, beyond the so-called mystery door was yet another fascinating discovery.

 

“This looks familiar though.” Baekhyun whispered but loud enough to be heard as it was in a complete silent. There was a what-it-used-to-be white table with more papers scattered all over it. There was also computer screens, four of it and it seemed to be connected to a large system unit located beneath the long table.

 

Baekhyun carefully examined each and every component possible and was surprised to see the computers were still in good shape, as if someone had been looking over them. As he was trying to power up the computers, he sneaked a glance at the wandering Myungsoo. He was the senior field agent so keeping an eye on the rookie was a necessary thing to do.

 

“Uh... Byun... You might want to check this out.” Myungsoo’s hesitant tone caught Baekhyun’s attention. He left the system unit he had been checking and only to see what the rookie had found. His legs stuck on the floor once he saw Myungsoo’s finding. “I... I’ll call the team to collect all the evidences we found.” Baekhyun suggested, stumbling at his words out of nervousness.

 

 

“I have checked the pictures you had given, Baekhyun. The mysterious door, the cafe’s schematic and the data you collected from the system unit.” Luhan informed through their call.

 

Staying in the guest’s room in the China’s HQ, Baekhyun and Myungsoo immediately contacted their two assistants back in Korea. They sent the pictures and all the information laid around the scene so they would able to crack more reliable facts about the mission.

 

Baekhyun had placed his wristwatch on the coffee table so the holographic video call could also be seen by Myungsoo. Since using two were bothersome, Sehun thought it was good to just stay connected using one-to-one communication device. He tiredly sighed in relief once Luhan began to explain what they managed to come out with.

 

“So, it is indeed the same door located in the Wu’s mansion, the replica of Kiseop’s office and yeah... that is all apparently.” Baekhyun and Myungsoo’s eyes connected for seconds as thoughts filled their minds. Breaking the contact first, Myungsoo asked about the schematics.

 

“Ah, the schematics given though were a bit blurry at some point it confuses the hell out of me but Sehun managed to find the exact plan and yes, it is the cafe Yunhee loved to go to. Mind if I add, it is beginning to be mine too.” Luhan told them but ended up in a whispery voice on the last sentence. “I don’t know about you guys but I have a feeling that the cafe is the last place Yunhee should go until this mission is done.” Sehun added on.

 

“Why aren’t you guys coming back? I thought you wer-”

 

“We were planning to do so but we need to wait for the forensics’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter