(Note +) Chapter 7

Because of You

Note: Hello, Hello!! Umm... I don't know if anyone reads this anymore, but I just wanted to say thanks for subbing&commenting! Also, I realized.. I am WAY too slow and lazy, which is very bad when trying to write a fic, so I decided to just write non-stop until this story is done. Then no more writing for me! (unless I become insane again..) WEEEE :D Thank you so much for supporting it! (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yejun POV

The party, or "ball" as Henry likes to call it, started a little while ago and ______ went off to get ready. I could hear the maids yelling at her to be more ladylike. And of course she just stands there doing what they tell her, where's my mom when you need her?

"Yejun!" someone called from behind me.

I turned around, "Oh! Seunghyun!" We shook hands.

"Where's ______-ah?"

I pointed to the stairs. He looked like he needed to talk to her, but I don't think the maids would let him pass anyway.

I brought him to her room, but as I predicted, the maids just blocked the door.

"Umm... She's still getting ready. You can see her in 20 minutes," Annabel said.

I nodded and we went out to the patio to wait.

"Yejun.." Seunghyun started, "Do you remember that cafe we just to go to when we were small?"

I thought for a bit, "How small were we?"

"When _____ still called you oppa."

"Oh! Yeah I remember. We were evil little kids." I laughed.

"Do you remember who we hung out with?" Seunghyun asked with hope.

I looked at him strangely, "You don't remember? Um.. Well there was you, me, Henry, ______-ah, and I.. I think there was someone else too."

Seunghyun brightened, "Yes! I knew I wasn't the only one! Do you remember who it was?"

"Yeah.. Suzy? Right?"

Seunghyun deflated, "That's not who I meant.." He mumbled.

I was about to ask him what he meant by that, but Annabel came out. "You should go down now, your father has an announcement."

We nodded and followed Annabel to the ballroom.

When we got there, Krystal and Henry called Seunghyun over and I went to my dad.

"Oh! My son. You came just in time!" he beamed

"In time for what?" I asked, but he just turned to our guests.

"Hello, and thank you for attending this special event." He paused for a bit, and I sat down. There was an empty seat across from me, it's supposed to be ______'s. I wonder where she is.

"First off, I'd like to introduce my family." Henry and my mom got up. "My youngest son, Henry, and my beautiful wife." They both bowed and the guests clapped. He continued, "My eldest son, Yejun." I got up and bowed as well. I could feel the smiles of approval from the parents. "And lastly, my wonderful daughter, _______." My dad gestured to the staircase.

My jaw dropped. _____ came out from the stairs in a elegant white dress and light make-up. She looked angelic and the other guests couldn't help but stare. I don't blame them, because I couldn't either. She looked so different than from what she usually wears. I seriously didn't think it was possible for her to get more...

I snapped back to reality, and shook my head a few times. I could see how uncomfortable she was, and all the guys going crazy over her right now isn't helping. She waved a bit. I could still see and hear some of my dad's friends grin creepily and whisper about her. es..

My dad continued, "As all of you know, I hosted this event for Yejun. But not just for his return."

I looked at him, confused.

"I'm growing old, and my family needs to branch out to bigger and better things." I grew nervous. What does he mean by that? "Once Yejun finishes high school, I want him to be successful and have a good future. To do this, we have to plan ahead." Umm.. Is he giving me a job or something? I glanced at Henry and _____. Henry had stopped texting, but he looked just as confused as me. _____ just stared down.

"I've decided. Yejun will get engaged before he graduates high school." My eyes widened. The guests titled their heads, but considered their daughters. Henry dropped his phone, my mom didn't even smile, and _____ had no expression whatsoever. "Please consider your daughters."

"WHAT?!" I shot up.