Sign

감정과 감정 Feelings and Emotions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Have you finally decided?”

“On?”Taeyeon looked at her best friend.

“Your holiday. What are you gonna do?” , Sunny asked. Holidays had finally started. Despite their claims about doing spontaneous things, here they were, cooped up in the flat scrolling TV Channels. 

“Yul asked me if I wanna go with you to Jeju but I don’t think I should." Taeyeon replied," It’s rare for you to have all of your family members in one place right?”

“It’s okay though. Why aren’t you with you family this time?”

 

“Once I go there, it will be hard for me to come back on time” ,Taeyeon smiled remembering how she had to run away from her mother just to get on the bus on time when she returned to Seoul after visiting her family, "Besides, I could make some extra money here. Can I start working on that part-time job of yours by the way?”

“You gonna start working now??The school just ended four days ago.”

 

“I know. I just wanna take my mind off some things for a few hours and I think it will be a nice idea to work instead of lazing around the house.”

 

Sunny looked at her and scoffed,“If you DO want to keep your mind off some stuff, I suggest you go on a trip either with me or your family. Because the reason of your conflict is here and it won't do any good if you are hanging out four days a week. And don't you dare deny it cos I’m not judging or commenting about it. “

 

Taeyeon huffed in air, trying not to retort when she knew Sunny was right this time,“…I know. I just need to confirm something. That's about it.”

“Well, good luck cos you will need it. “

“Yeah, I do need that.”

 

A lot, apparently

 

 

____________

 

 

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

“Coming!” Taeyeon turned off the gas oven and went to open the door.

 

A smiling Tiffany greeted her as soon as she opened the door. Covered in trench coat and a pink scarf, Tiffany looked like she came out of a movie. Her brunette hair was stylishly cascading down her shoulders and the latter was wearing a minimal make-up, revealing her cheekbones and sharp nose more distinctively. She immediately agreed in her mind that she liked this version of Tiffany, less guarded and more friendly and more beautiful.

 

“-aeyeon?”

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

“Y-yes?!”

 

Tiffany chuckled at the stuttering girl in front of her and crinkled her nose playfully. “Aren’t you gonna let me in? It’s cold out here.”

“Of course!” Taeyeon squeaked which caused more laughter from the latter. She groaned at her own demeanour and moved away a bit to welcome the brunette into her humble apartment.

 

“Wah! It’s really warm here!” Tiffany smiled as she felt the warmth as she stepped in. A hand tugged her coat and she turned her head to see Taeyeon pointing at the coat

 

“I will hang it for you.”

 

Tiffany smiled brightly in appreciation and removed her coat and gave it to Taeyeon. She went over to the dining table, taking off her scarf along the way. She helped herself a cup of tea that Taeyeon put on the table.

“I can see that you are getting used to my apartment.”

“Are you kidding me? I feel like this is my home already.” Tiffany grinned as she sat down and  put her legs on the table to prove her point. Taeyeon snorted at the girl’s comment and proceeded to continue with her cooking.

 

Tiffany visited her flat at least twice a week. She would stay on for hours until late night and Taeyeon would have to push her out of the door or the girl wouldn't stop pestering to have a sleepover at her place. Three hours of them being alone was already making her struggling to function properly. Sleeping next to each other would give her a mental breakdown. She had to even copy Yuri and chant a mantra to herself these days just to push away unnecessary thoughts.

 

On the other hand, Tiffany and her friends had been getting closer and she was happy for it. She knew Tiffany didn’t have many close friends as people always had their own image of Tiffany in their mind before they even started chatting and Tiffany resented that, hence she didn’t trust anyone enough to have close friends. But she had a few close friends back in US who she’s still in touch with and a small number of best friends. 

 

“What are you cooking? It smells nice by the way.” Tiffany asked as she leaned over to peek at the oven.

“Oyako Don.” Taeyeon replied as she drizzled the beat egg over the chicken and onion.

“Really?! Can you cook one for me?”

“My grocery expense has increased after you have started coming to my flat.” Taeyeon commented drily as she covered the lid on the pan and started to take out the chicken thighs from the fridge.

 

“Hehe” ,Tiffany laughed sheepishly, “I can repay you though. Because I know I eat every time I come visit your house.”

“Oh? I thought you didn’t notice.” Taeyeon teased at the brunette who had her lips pouted.

“Ya! I know,okay?” Tiffany whined as she folded her arms, “Your cooking are delicious, you can’t blame me for liking them.”

Taeyeon laughed and winked at the latter, “Thank you for your compliment. At least you like my dishes.”

“On a serious note though, let me repay you. I know that you have a cap on everything you spend.” Tiffany replied, feeling apologetic about the increase in bills. 

 

Taeyeon shrugged nonchalantly as she chopped the onion, “I was just kidding. It’s not necessary.”

“I do want to.” Tiffany’s insistence was evident in her tone. Taeyeon paused her preparation and turned around to look at the brunette.

“You are my friend. And this is my home. My house, my rules.”

Tiffany shook her head, “As your friend, I can pay for your grocery expenses. Besides they go into my stomach, not yours. How about we buy the groceries together?”

 

“How about you start learning to cook instead?”

“Nope.”

“Why?”

“I won’t get to eat your dishes anymore. I want to enjoy the food cooked by you. If I start to cook, you will just make me cook every time I come just for practice and I don’t want that. I prefer watching you cook and eat with you together afterwards.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t reply and silently pour the omelette to the rice bowl. If she turned around now, she wouldn’t dare to imagine what she wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter