FRIEND

감정과 감정 Feelings and Emotions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

“I’m very sorry! Please forgive me!”


A pack of Cass and three Sojus greeted Sunny as soon as she opened the door of her apartment. Taeyeon was holding her hands together and wearing a pouty face, asking for forgiveness.

Tsk, this midget needs to learn a bigger lesson

Sunny snorted and turned around to go back inside her apartment. Taeyeon immediately grabbed her right arm, set a foot forward between her and the door and turned Sunny to face her.

“I’m really really sorry, Sunny-ah.”

Sunny didn't reply and looked at her silently, her annoyance displaying on her face. Taeyeon sighed and looked down at the floor.

“ I didn't mean to ditch you at all. Some…something happened and I couldn't think carefully.I’m really sorry. Please forgive me.”

“You also switched off your phone for four days.”

“…I know.”

“ Do you know how worried we were?”

“…”

“ You should have at least come and tell me that you were leaving. It was very rude.”

“I’m sorry.”

“ And no, I’m not gonna forgive you.”

Taeyeon looked up at Sunny, worried and nervous. Sunny scoffed and glared at Taeyeon,“ Do you think beer and soju can make me forgive you? Dream on, midget.”

“Then…”

“Two BBQ buffet.” Sunny held up two fingers, smirking.

“What?!”

“Treat me to two BBQ buffet, then we will talk.”

Taeyeon groaned.

There goes my budget

 

________

 

Tiffany was putting a book on the designated shelf when she saw a familiar back passing through the rows of book shelves. She immediately put the books she carried on the floor to catch up with the latter.

Taeyeon was bobbing her head to the music when someone abruptly remove one of her ear phones. She immediately turned to glare at the culprit just to find Tiffany Hwang glaring at her, fuming mad. She could see Tiffany breathing heavily, judging smokes seemed to come out from her nostrils.

“Hey.”

Tiffany couldn't believe at the nonchalant greet.

“ You disappeared, didn't pick up my calls, didn't respond to my texts and avoided me by attending classes on different schedule and all you said was ‘Hey’ ?!”

Taeyeon looked around and whispered harshly, “ We are in the library! Keep your voice down!”

Tiffany huffed in disbelief, her anger rising,” What the hell, Kim Taeyeon?!”

Taeyeon groaned at the loud voice. They better leave the building or the librarian would give them an earful of scolding. She grabbed Tiffany’s wrist harshly and pulled her along.

“Now, talk!” Taeyeon told her sarcastically as they now stood at the back of the library building. She knew she would eventually have to face Tiffany sooner or later but she wasn't still prepared. She wasn't still ready to have her heart jumping wildly and the zoo happening inside her stomach. She wasn't ready to face Tiffany.

Tiffany took a deep breath, hoping to calm herself down a bit. She hated when people act like this, passive-aggressive.

“You didn't even bother to tell me that you were leaving, Taeyeon. You also switched off the phone. And I know you didn't let me know your address.” She spoke bitterly.

Taeyeon bit her lips, guilt consuming her at Tiffany’s painful voice.

“Am I that in-important to you or do you still not see me as a friend?”

“Of course not. I told you before, didn't I? I wouldn’t have danced with you if I don't see you as my friend.”

“Then, why…”

“ Can I ask you something?”

“…”

“ Why do you care that much?”

“ You avoided me for a week! What was I supposed to do?”

“Nothing.”

“What?!”

“I texted you I was sick, didn't I? Besides, don't you have other friends?”

“Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany gritted her teeth, feeling offended,” That IS very rude.”

“Whatever, Tiffany.” Taeyeon spoke nonchalantly as she ran her hand through her hair," Now you have seen me, right? I’m fine now. Sorry for making you worry.”

“You like Siwon-oppa?”

“W-what?!” Taeyeon asked, flabbergasted. Where did that come from?!

“ You like him, don't you? I mean, he’s popular so it's normal.” Tiffany spoke bitterly, masking her anger with a smug sarcastic grin. She actually noticed Taeyeon’s demeanour changed when Siwon joined them during the party. Then, she ran off and disappeared until today.

“What are you even talking about?!” Taeyeon asked, finding the accusation ridiculous. She didn't even know Choi Siwon well. She's not the type to crush on guys just based on their appearances and popularity.

“I should have known.” Tiffany muttered darkly as she prepared to leave.

Taeyeon immediately grabbed her hand, only to be shrugged off by the latter.

“Do you even know what you are saying?!” Taeyeon shouted, emotionally exhausted. She had been gritting her teeth, clenching her fists just to have a normal conversation with the latter without her emotions overpowering her logic.

“Oh, I know what I am saying, friend.” Tiffany snarled as she turned to glare at the latter. “ You want distance right? I will give you distance.”

After sending the menacing glare at Taeyeon, Tiffany turned her back and walked off the platform, leaving the latter alone in her thoughts.

 

 

_____

 

“ So, I’m assuming the talk didn't go well?”

Taeyeon looked up and saw Yuri pointing at a certain direction. She followed the latter’s gaze and saw Tiffany laughing with a couple of girls and boys across the room.

She silently returned her focus to the book she was reading. It had been four days and 13 hours since Tiffany had treated her like a mere stranger. Heck, they were practically strangers less than three months ago and yet, the feeling that they were now strangers were extremely painful to grasp in her mind. You did to yourself, Taeyeon

“Taeyeon?” Yuri asked agaon, hearing no response from the latter.

“No.” Taeyeon responded plainly, not looking up from the book.

“What happened, Taengoo?”

“Not your business, Yuri. We talked just like yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter