STRUGGLE

감정과 감정 Feelings and Emotions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“My eyes are here, ya know.”

Taeyeon looked at the brunette just to see the latter’s pouting. She smiled sheepishly as she swayed along to the music. She was supposed to be letting loose and yet, here she was, and mindlessly moving her body along to the beats without any adrenaline rush she supposed to feel.

They were all dancing together when Tiffany suddenly pulled her closer, holding her arm so close to her that she could feel the shape of her through her dress. Oh

Taeyeon gulped, suddenly alarmed of her thoughts, shaking her head to push the thoughts away. She tried to slowly remove her hand from the brunette’s hold to no avail, which resulted in her looking at everywhere but her classmate.

“Are you still uncomfortable with me, Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon immediately turned to the sober voice of Tiffany who actually looked sober and somber at the same time. She could sense the hardened voice, hiding the sadness that the latter felt. She immediately shook her head to answer.

“No, I am comfortable with you! I won’t be even here dancing with you if I wasn’t.”

Tiffany’s mouth curving upwards at her answer also made Taeyeon smile. She chuckled and hugged the latter by her shoulder and swayed together to the music. Tiffany also held Taeyeon by the waist with one arm to keep them together in this funky crowd.

“Stay close to me!” Taeyeon heard the husky voice in her ear, too close that her ears reddened in the process. She heard Tiffany’s chuckle to her reaction despite the loud music, the excited voices of HyoYul from dancing and the occasional yells from the crowd.

She looked at Tiffany sideway and saw the girl smiling widely, her eyes showing her favorite crescents again. Ignoring her inner voice warning her to be careful, Taeyeon squeezed the girl’s shoulder and nodded.

“I will.”

 

 

 

“Now, that wasn’t so bad, was it?”

Taeyeon nodded and silently drank her lemonade. She decided not to drink anymore as she sensed her friends would be drinking their heart-out as they were having the time of their lives at the party. She should be the one who would be sober enough to make sure they all arrive their respective home safely.

“You should get out more, TaeTae.”

Taeyeon couldn’t still get used to the cheesy nickname that Tiffany called her occasionally. Ignoring the cringing feeling, she replied, “I still prefer to be a homebody, to be honest. I like peace and quiet over noise.”

Tiffany chuckled at her reason and crinkled her nose playfully, showing her dislike of being a homebody. Taeyeon then realized the latter was a walking seduction, knowing how to make one’s heart jumping out of their chest. Even her small little habits were so endearing, she knew Tiffany also knew that about herself, considering the dating record she had.

“I’m not saying to party only.” Tiffany smiled,” We can go shopping, watching movies and visit museums.”

Taeyeon felt her heart warm at Tiffany remembering her hobby. She remembered a pair of tickets that Sunny gave her a week ago. Excitement and nervousness ran through her veins as she contemplated to invite the latter.

“What’s the matter?” Tiffany leaned across the small bar table to observe her. They decided to stand around an empty bar table near the dance floor in case they could go back easily should they feel like dancing again,

“N-nothing.”

 “It’s definitely not nothing.” Tiffany pouted as she tiptoed a bit to leaned towards the latter across the table. Taeyeon flustered at the movement and scratched her head nervously.

“Tell me, Taeyeon-ah.”

Taeyeon swallowed and grabbed the edge of the table.  it, she thought, it’s not even that important anyway. She calmed herself and willed herself to look at the earnest eyes of Tiffany who’s looking at her expectantly.

 

“Y-you see, I have th-“

Her words cut off short when she saw a hand suddenly hugged Tiffany’s waist from the back and pulled her backwards. Tiffany’s face froze for a second and Taeyeon went on full alert. She was going to shout at whoever the jerk was until Tiffany smiled suddenly and turned around to hug the culprit’s tightly.

The guy was lanky, thin with messy hair, wearing nerdy clothes.

 

 

That was what Taeyeon wished to describe the guy but reality was always a bitter pill to swallow.

The guy was a tall, handsome man with broad shoulders and a lightweight rugged beard styling his features more prominently in a good way. With an undercut hairstyle, the guy sure looked straight out of the magazine.

She would usually feel tingles and excitement seeing such a guy with greek-god beauty but she was feeling the opposite. And it made her angrier.

Choi Siwon

The hunk of the Drama Major, the hottest and the most desirable guy in the university, if Tiffany’s the It-Girl, he’s the It-Guy.

“Siwon-oppa!”

Tiffany’s excited voice broke Taeyeon from her thoughts. She looked at the duo embracing each other, exchanging talks. She could only focus on the hand that was squeezing the guy’s biceps and the guy’s hand that was holding the slender waist.

“I thought you were joking when you called me.”

 “And yet, you come.” Siwon replied playfully, poking Tiffany’s nose. Tiffany laughed heartily and swiped his hand away.

He then looked across the table, meeting Taeyeon’s eyes. He smiled at her and bowed his head as a greeting, which Taeyeon returned in response, her hands gripping her pants.

“Oppa, this is Taeyeon. She’s from my major.” Tiffany introduced her to the guy besides her, her hand still holding Siwon’s shoulder.

“Nice to meet you, Taeyeon. You are Yoona’s friend, correct?”

Exhaling softly, Taeyeon calmed herself down. Why was she in such a misery? Tiffany’s a friend, nothing more. She shouldn’t be feeling like this. She tried her best to give a sincere smile and shook the hand that Siwon extended.

“Yes, Sunbaenim. Annyeonghasaeyo.”

Siwon chuckled, as he retracted, “Please don’t be formal. I’m gonna graduate early next year anyway. Just call me Oppa.”

“Ya! She’s my friend! Stop flirting.” Tiffany warned Siwon as she slapped his chest. Siwon chuckled and leaned into the latter, “Jealous?”

Tiffany made a vomit sound and pushed his head away, “You wish.”

 

“Excuse me. I need to go to the restroom.” Taeyeon spoke as she grabbed her phone. She could no longer endure the suffocation she felt standing on this particular table. She faked a smile at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter