gotta catch them all (or maybe just you)

i'll be yours if you'll be mine

A/N: I'm back to writing my dear moomoos ~


 

You must be crazy." Hyejin proclaimed as she glanced up from the magazine in her hands to stare up at Byulyi who was putting on her jacket.

 

"I most certainly am not crazy Hyejin-ah."

 

Byulyi sped towards the girl on the sofa, cell phone in hand the famous Pokemon Go starter screen staring back at her.


"There is a Pikachu near here, I've been trying to find one for weeks now. I dunno if I'm some kind of Pikachu repellent but they honestly don't step foot near my house."


With a huff Byulyi turned the screen around and showed it to the younger girl, the other just stared uninterested at the screen.

 

There most certainly was a Pikachu on the nearby page in front of Hyejin's eyes. However, what Hyejin could not comprehend one bit was Byulyi's obsession over a cell phone game. If the older girl wanted to go around looking like a fool, nearly getting run over by cars and being yelled at by house owners; Hyejin could have easily released her dog and made it chase after her — so what was the big deal about this?

 

"Look it's going to rain soon... You'll get wet and soon you'll be in bed sick and I would be standing hovering over you after telling you 'I told you so'. This would not be the first time, Byul-ah," the younger girl flipped through the page of her magazine, poking her long fingernail into Byulyi's ribs causing the older girl to drop her phone in surprise.

 

"Your phone wouldn't even survive five minutes out in the rain—"


"I'll take my umbrella," Byulyi interrupted, "or I can put a bag over it and presto."

 

Hyejin jabbed another finger into the girl's rib cage, this time Byulyi held on tight to her phone and swatted the younger girl's hand away.

 

"You are such a nerd, Byulyi. Honestly, I don't even know why I am associated with you."


Byulyi shook her head, index finger poking Hyejin's mole on her cheek as she exclaimed, "You, my dear Hyejin-ah, are a loser for not knowing nor caring about Pokemon. Where has your childhood gone?" Byulyi paused for a second, poking the beauty mark once again, "Wait— don't tell me you never played Pokemon as a child?"


Hyejin pushed Byulyi's hand away, instead focusing on the magazine in front of her, "Go, leave. Just call me when you catch that dumb Pikachu... Loser."


Byulyi laughed, kissing the top of Hyejin's head only to have said girl push her face away, gesturing toward the door.


Byulyi nodded all the while laughing at the younger girl's reaction. She stopped at the door and grabbed an umbrella, she then unlocked her phone, opening the app once again before clicking on the Pikachu that appeared on the screen under the 'Nearby'.


"Let's do this!" Byulyi exclaimed, opening the door dramatically and stepping out in slow motion.


"Hey, try not to get run over by a car — you know what, do yourself a favor and stand in the middle of the road and let's see what happens."


"I love you too, Hyejin-ah," Byulyi called out as she closed the door behind her and walked down the hall towards the stairs leading to her apartment entrance.


-

 

Byulyi's gaze turned upward, toward the vast gray cloud hanging overhead. She gripped her phone tighter in her hands, turning the corner just as the little compas indicated. She adjusted the umbrella in her hands trying hard not to losen her grip for the wind was very strong.


She glanced at her screen, turning right and continuing walking foward all while ignoring the Pidgey that was on her left, "I've had enough of you to last me a lifetime."


She pushed past the few people out on the streets saying sorry when she bumbed into them. She could, however, see that she wasn't the only one out catching Pokemon.


On her very left, across the street there was a girl with long black hair, a beautiful side profile, flicking her index finger atop her screen. The hood of her jacket falling down as the wind blew past her.


Byulyi looked up once again a drop falling down onto her cheek and she silently cursed inside her head for having terrible luck.


She stopped and turned right, heading straight for a couple of strides before turning left again and following forward into a straight line.

 

She was getting impatient, utterly so as she couldn't seem to get closer to the Pikachu taunting her.


Finally after rounding a corner her phone beeped and vibrated in her hands, she looked up, an instant frown upon her lips as she stared straight ahead at the house that was right in front of her. She cursed in her head again.


This could not be happening, Byulyi had thought as she approached the house and saw her avatar in the game getting closer to the Pikachu on the screen.


It would be so embarrassing, to knock on the owners door and explain the fact that there was a Pikachu in their house and that she was trying to catch it.


"Byulyi," she whispered to herself as she stood in front the dark wooden door, "you've been trying to catch a Pikachu for ages now. You just need to get in there and do it — no big deal." She looked up from her phone and raised her hand, finger hovering over the doorbell, "You can do it, Byulyi."

She pushed the bottom, doorbell ringing inside the house as her mind fumbled for an explanation normal enough for this sudden intrusion but her mind went blank as the owner opened it and she spotted a real live Pikachu.

 

"Yongsun— oh? Do I know you?"


Byulyi's mind faltered, eyes locking onto the girl's fluffy cheeks and the way her dark hair fell over her eyes, peeking out from beneath the yellow hood of the costume — or was it a onesie, Byulyi wasn't so sure.


Byulyi opened to speak but her mind seemed to shut down and all that was released was a strangled, "Pikachu..."

The shorter girl stared at her incredulously, hand closing around the door knob as she pushed it slowly, "Um... Yeah, this is a Pikachu outfit."


"No, I meant to say... um — There's a Pikachu in your house," Byulyi explained showing the younger girl her phone screen pointing at the Pikachu in front of her avatar.


"Oh...?"


"I'm trying to catch it—"


The shorter girl stared at her quietly, "Did you just begin playing? Is that why you're looking for a Pikachu?"

 

Byulyi shook her head trying to look at anything other than the cute girl wearing a cute Pikachu outfit.

 

"No. I've been looking for one, for the longest time now. I couldn't find any."


The younger girl opened the door fully gesturing for Byulyi to enter, "Go ahead, then."


Byulyi smiled at her and stepped inside, right away her avatar stepped closer to the Pikachu and she squealed in delight.

 

She heard the shorter girl laughing as she stared at her and Byulyi grew embarrassed so she asked gently, "Why the Pikachu outfit?"

 

As Byulyi waited for an answer she clicked on the Pikachu and prepared her index finger to try and catch it.


"Because, I'm Pikachu... don't you want to catch me too?"


Byulyi's finger slipped and she missed her chance, staring at the screen she realized she no longer had any pokeballs.


-

 

"What do you mean, you didn't catch the Pikachu?!"


Hyejin stared at her, Byulyi's hair wet and cell phone in hand as rain drops fell toward the carpeted floor.


"You don't understand Hyejin-ah... There was a Pikachu — a really cute Pikachu so I let the other Pikachu go." Byulyi paused before smiling and stating just above a whisper,  "Her name is Wheein."

 

Hyejin approached the older girl, a menacing expression upon her features as she rolled up her magazine and slapped Byulyi upside the head.

 

"I told you to get run over, you idiot!"


 

A/N: Please leave a comment down below!  If you like it let me know, if you loved it let me know,  if you have a request let me know~ until next time ~ 

stay healthy and love freely 

shadow14