to love is to receive a glimpse of heaven

i'll be yours if you'll be mine

(A/N): this one is for Rimel who encourage me to right more wheebyul, I hope it's okay. I worked more with wheebyul than wheesun but I'll make it up~ Anyway hope you guys like it.


 //

It never was like this.

"You're so hung up on the guy Wheein-ah."

"I... he was all I really wanted -- turned out I was just a toy for him to play with."

Byulyi sighed as she tried to pry the bottle from her grasp but Wheein wouldn't relent and just held it closer before taking a long sip.

Usually it would be the other way around -- with Byulyi being tipsy never quite drunk, talking to her about all of her worries.

Other times it would be Wheein walking in to see a very drunk Byulyi with another girl, sometimes she wondered why the older girl had given her a key to her apartment.

Even in her slightly drunken haze she knew why.

Byulyi sighed as she studied the younger girl.

She never did like the guy, he was too overbearing. She once saw him with another girl -- granted Byulyi had confronted him and it turned out the girl was his cousin.

She never did believe him but she had no option seeing as Wheein already knew about it.

It broke her heart, watching Wheein being torn to pieces by her own foolishness -- how in the world did she even fall for the guy? But who was she to judge, she hasn't been in a relationship for so long -- hooking up with strangers doesn't really do much as a relationship, well in a way it did. Her relationship with her bed had increased deeply so she guessed that counted, maybe.

Wheein just sighed before a sob escaped her as she tried to explain to Byulyi what had happened but even if she tried, Byulyi wouldn't have been able to understand her either way.

"Come here."

Byulyi pulled her towards her, Wheein took comfort in her arms before another sob raked her body and Byulyi sighed against the chestnut brown colour of Wheein's hair. She rubbed circles on the younger girl's back hoping to calm her down somewhat.

"I really didn't expect him to break up with me, I gave him everything -- everything!"

Byulyi sighed already understanding everything that Wheein meant but it didn't stop the thoughts clouding her mind, thoughts that cursed the guy and also the younger girl.

"You'll find someone better Wheein, there's always someone better... you don't deserve to be hurting, you know."

Byulyi was never good with feelings. She didn't like to dwell on them too much. She felt it was overwhelming, feeling something and then trying to comprehend why you feel that way -- Byulyi never liked it.

So she never paid attention to feelings.

"Come on, lighten up."

Byulyi said as she stands up and walks over to where her phone is before picking it up and plugging it to her speaker, music soon emitted throughout the small apartment complex.

She walked over to where Wheein still sat before she grabbed her hands and pulled the younger girl up.

Wheein simply stared at her blankly not quite understanding Byulyi's thoughts. She was about to complain before the older girl grabbed a hold of her waist and started tickling her.

"Come on, you look better when you're smiling."

Wheein shrieked before pushing herself away from the older girls hands. Her laughter resonated among the walls and filled Byulyi's ears, she only smiled before proceeding her attack.

In her drunken state Wheein managed to trip and fall on the couch bringing Byulyi with her. Suddenly the atmosphere changed between them and as Wheein's laughter died down all Byulyi could do was stare at the way Wheein's lips parted, her breathing ragged.

She looked back up at the youngest eyes and questioned her softly but she couldn't distinguish anything apart from the way her eyes had dilated gradually and she suddenly felt trapped -- it was ironic since Wheein was the one pinned to the couch.

She was about to stand up before Wheein grabbed her by her neck collar and pulled her back in, her eyes staring intently at the older girl, it was as if she were challenging Byulyi -- gauging what she would do.

Oh, how Byulyi hated these situations.

"Wheein -- let's stop..."

Byulyi tried to stand once more but the older girl resisted and only tugged her shirt even harder.

"We're not doing anything..."

Byulyi tried to ignore the unspoken words that soon fell after.

At least not yet...

"You're drunk, come on -- I..."

Wheein managed to close the gap between them in a chaste kiss and Byulyi couldn't help but feel something. She never expected to kiss Wheein -- ever. Of course she'd hook up with a few girls here and there but never her friends -- never Wheein.

"You know I'm not that drunk, you're the one who was watching over me... You're always the one watching over me. This is nothing -- just help me forget him..."

"Wheein..."

The younger girl only sighed before grabbing the back on Byulyi's neck and pulling her forward. She kissed her, never letting Byulyi speak and soon Byulyi gave up and reciprocated.

"Oh god, you taste so much better..."

Byulyi tried to ignore the way her body flamed up at the younger girl's words. All Byulyi could taste was the alcohol on her sugar coated lips -- tasting strawberries.

She didn't like strawberries.

They had ended up in Byulyi's bed with their clothes all over the floor and with Byulyi's back against the bed with Wheein hovering overhead. Her lips trailing kisses all over her neck and collar bones, Byulyi could only reprimand herself for being so weak, but it felt so good.

Byulyi soon rolled them over, Wheein only groaned as Byulyi's lips connected with her exposed chest.

"This will only be a one time thing -- ..."

Byulyi nodded before she felt Wheein guide her hand downwards.

"One time thing, right?"

All she got as an answer was Wheein's moan close to her ear, sending shivers throughout her body.

//

"What are you doing here?"

Two weeks later Byulyi found Wheein seated on her couch flipping through her magazine, feet propped on the coffee table, hair messy and eyeliner slightly smudged as if she had been crying.

"Byul, guess what?"

Byulyi closed the door behind her, shrugging her jacket off before laying on the couch and pulling on her dress shirt and popping a few buttons.

She ignored the way Wheein's eyes never left the exposed area of her collar and the way Wheein had dropped the formalities. She also ignored the way a surge of want rushed over her whole body at the sound.

"What?"

She sat down and she noticed the glass of wine in Wheein's hands, the younger girl leaned in and all she could smell was alcohol and strawberries. Those stupid strawberries. And the scent of Wheein's flowered scented perfume.

"He got together with another girl... weeks after we broke up."

She tried to ignore the way Wheein sounded at the realization. She simply stayed quiet. Byulyi was not in the mood to hear Wheein rant about the jerk of an ex.

"Wheein, just let it go. It shouldn't affect you."

Wheein sighed before she set the glass down and moved closer to the older girl, hand on her thigh. Her breathing was heavy as her eyes fell towards Byulyi's lips, the older girl tried to ignore the way it was affecting her.

"It doesn't bother me."

They both knew that she was lying.

"Good."

Byulyi made a move to stand up, wanting to distance herself from the younger girl; not knowing what she would do to her if she remained there but Wheein grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down. Lips searing against Byulyi's own. Flashes of their night together crossed her mind and she inwardly groaned.

"I thought you said it was going to be a one time thing?"

Wheein had sighed against before kissing her again and biting her lip at the realization that Byulyi wasn't responding.

"Does it matter?"

Byulyi tried to tell her that it did. That never in her twenty-four years did she expect to screw her friend, even if it was Wheein who wanted it.

That the thought of their night together left Byulyi wanting more.

That it did matter because she didn't want any problems she couldn't control.

"You have better things to do."

Wheein laughed before moving her lips against Byulyi's jawline and nipping at her neck, her breath left Byulyi's skin on fire.

"Well, I want to do you."

//

"Your state of drunkenness seems to diminish each time I find you in my apartment."

Byulyi muttered against bruised lips as Wheein pulled away only to brush her lips against Byulyi's neck and placed open mouth kisses along her chest.

"Your state of undress decreases every night I come over, does it mean you wait up for me?"

Byulyi laughed before rolling them over, "You and I both know that's not the reason," Byulyi leaned down only to pull away again and proceeds to rake her fingernails against Wheein's taut stomach, "besides you come over unannounced so it doesn't really matter much for me to wait up for you, not that I ever would."

Wheein laughed before she sighed against Byulyi's neck. She let out a moan as she felt Byulyi slide her fingers inside.

"Make it quick --"

Byulyi stopped with a smirk and a teasing glint in her dilated eyes, "Oh, that's something new? Got any plans for tonight?"

Wheein shuddered as she grasped the cover in her hands, tightening her hold as Byulyi's pace increased.

"Actually I do."

She felt Byulyi stop and before she could question it her pace increased as she felt Byulyi bite her inner thigh before soothing it over with her tongue.

//

"This is the last time."

Byulyi chuckled against her neck, "That's what you always say but if I'm correct, you're the one who always comes back."

"I'm serious," Wheein muttered as she threw her arm over her eyes, "I met someone..."

Byulyi had taken her time with her then. Teasing the girl until she had been begging for it and Wheein had never felt so good out of all the times they had done this as she did at the moment.

//

And so things go back to square one.

This is what she means when she says she doesn't like to deal with feelings.

What the hell was this.

After that night that Wheein had paused -- ended whatever they were, Byulyi had set out to find a new girl or girls depending how many times Wheein's eyes flashed behind her closed eyelids, or the way she kept tasting alcohol and strawberries in her kisses.

Was it that every girl wore strawberry flavoured lip balm or was Byulyi going insane?

Never had she ever loved and despised a fruit so much in her entire years of living.

A freaking fruit.

It wasn't supposed to be this way. They had both agreed for it to be a one time thing but since the second time Byulyi couldn't deny the younger girl anymore -- hoping to get intoxicated with strawberry flavoured alcohol and the way her name sounded perfect coming from Wheein's lips.

She should have guessed something was up the moment her lips connected with Wheein's their third night and she felt something unrecognizable writhing within herself. It had unnerved her but it didn't stop her from having Wheein muttering and her name against her neck as she reached her peak.

It hadn't left her until Wheein had climbed out of her bed and had gotten dressed -- her eyes never leaving the curve of her back as she pulled her jeans on or the way her hair looked perfect post . She knew then that whatever she had expected from their arrangement didn't compare with what was actually happening.

They still hung out outside her bed room walls and the perfect setting of her apartment complex but it was different.

It was like she expected Wheein to treat her differently just because she knew every part of her body and knew exactly what made the younger girl feel good.

(It was unexpected for her to feel that way.)

It was expected for Wheein to act like nothing happens upon leaving Byulyi's apartment, she even continues to use formalities -- something she dropped when she's calling out Byulyi's name with profanities lacing her every syllable as she comes.

It was strange and she hated the feeling that Wheein manages to emit with just eye contact.

But that feeling never compared to the way her heart clenched against itself at the sight of Wheein with the other girl she had introduced to both her and Hyejin.

She was beautiful, Byulyi couldn't deny that and she knew she had no right to claim what really wasn't hers aside from their nightly rituals.

She was nice and she had an amazing voice and she was such an easy going person that often times Byulyi wished she weren't, just so she could justify the hatred she felt for the older girl.

Byulyi had learn that she was older than both Wheein and herself that night out at the club with Hyejin, the younger girl spilling everything Wheein had told her about Yongsun.

Byulyi had wondered that night as her head was buried against the neck of a stranger no less beautiful than Wheein herself -- if the younger girl had said anything to Hyejin about them; whatever they were.

Since that night Wheein had said it would be the last time, Byulyi never wanted anything more than for the younger girl to break their unspoken promise.

Even when they both were tipsy and a little to touchy it never went anywhere and Byulyi was never the type to break a promise -- at least not to Wheein.

//

She never was good with feelings so when Hyejin had noticed her constant stare upon her best friend, she had question the older girl about it.

"What are you talking about?"

Hyejin just stared at her before shaking her head, "I'm not dumb, unnie. I can see the way you look at her -- it's all love sick and sad."

Byulyi laughed it off as she pulled her legs against her chest trying to put up her walls in any way possible.

"You're delirious, I can't ever possible like my friends, Hyejin-ah. Especially Wheein, she's not my type."

Hyejin had remained quiet not saying anything to the older girl about the way Wheein had confessed to her what was going on with them that night that Wheein had come back to their shared apartment, wearing Byulyi's clothes and hickeys covering almost every part of her.

Nor sharing with her the way Wheein had cried a few nights later after another encounter with Byulyi, reprimanding herself for the way they had gotten involved -- Wheein perfectly knowing that Byulyi would never bring herself to love her.

Wheein had confessed to her that sleeping together was just as good as anything a month after their first night together, Hyejin just remained quiet.

The night Wheein had come home smiling and with a handful of flowers in her hands, Hyejin knew that it wasn't about Byulyi anymore.

That night Wheein had talked about a girl as beautiful as the sky itself, who shone as bright as the sun, whose smile was capable of blinding you. (Wheein's words not hers). She couldn't be anymore happier for her best friend.

So when she noticed Byulyi's fleeting gaze upon her best friend and the way she never treated Wheein as she used to, she had come to the conclusion that something was up with Byulyi.

She never expected to see love in her eyes directed to her best friend who had the same look every time she was looking at Yongsun.