Chapter 3

When Worlds Collide

After school hours I like to go to the dance studio and relieve all of my stress. I had probably been in there for hours. I dance in the dance concert for the school every year and I was working on a solo piece to perform this year since it was a few months from now. It was starting to get a little dark outside but I didn't really care. I had already completed my homework for the next two days so it's not like I had anything better to do. I was really tired but I had just finished the piece, so I decided to run over it one more time. I get up beginning to play the music and grabbing a chair, letting the music take over. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_awoNthAXM

Right after the music ended I hear someone slowly begin to clap and I trun immediately only to see one of the new guys with a big grin on his face walking towards me.

"That was really good! How long have you been dancing for?" he asked stopping a few feet away. 

"Well I've kind of just always remember dancing, I didn't really start taking lessons until a few years ago though.

"I wouldn't have guessed. You're a natural" He says and I smile in response.

"Thank you....."

"Youngdo, Choi Youngdo" he says, sticking out his hand.

"Sorry" I respond "names aren't really my strongest suit, but thank you Youngdo" I say taking ahold of his hand and bowing slightly.

"So, you are korean?" He asked, as if he already knew the answer.

"Yeah, well half but still.." I say, letting my sentence go and becoming shy, worried he might not continue being as nice as he seems.

"Well I think thats cool. My friends and I were trying to figure it out so I figured since I found you here I'd just ask."

"Well that's the first time I've really had another korean find any intrest, let alone think it's cool" I reply, not really knowing what else to say.

"Yeah we kind of noticed that too, I mean there are other koreans here and you don't seem to be friends with them. Why? Is it language? Are you not fluent in korean?"

"Well, yes I am, but the other korean students don't know that, they believe me to be incompetent. And they don't really consider me korean, let alone someone they would consider a friend." I say as I grab my bag and begin to walk towards the door, Youngdo following me.

"Well, that's alright, let them be idiots. We can be friends now." He says smiling down at me as he holds the door open. 

"Are you sure that's a good idea" I ask as we begin to leave the building. "I don't want you to not make friends with the other korean students because of me. And speaking honestly that would probably make the girls hate me even more" I say laughing awkwardly.

"Well I know I'm handsome and all, but those girls approached us many tiems today, and they aren't really my style, to bitter." He says making us both laugh.

"And what about your other friends?"

"You mean the other three?" He says and I nod in response "Oh they aren't like that, they'll be completely fine with it, they might even try to steal you!" He says nudging me as we walk down the path towards the dorms.

"Well then I guess we are friends then" I say stopping and facing him.

"I guess so" He says looking down at my hand and taking my phone.

"Yah ! What are you doing ?" I ask giggling as he looks at me.

"Putting in my number of course" He puts the phone to his ear after typing for a while and then phone in his pcket begins to ring. "And now I have your number too. I'm going now, go inside, I will see you later Haeun!" He says walking in the direction of the boys dormitory.

"Annyeong Chingu!" I yell after him laughing to myself. As I walked into my dorm I couldn't help but notice that I couldn't remember telling him my name. 

****

After going to my room no one was there so I went to take a shower and when I got Isabella and Rebecca were sitting around in the room.

"Oh hey guys." I say. They both look up at me, smiling really wide. "What? Why are you guys being creepy?"

"Because we saw a certain somone walking with another certain someone looking rreeaaalllyyy happy." Rebecca says

"Yeah they've been here what a week and you already have him wrapped around your finger?" Isabella says laughing with Becky.

"Guys seriously? No. No no no, we are only friends, besides thats the first conversation I've had with him since they got here." I say laughing. "Gosh you guys are so stupid" I say pushing past them on the floor grabbing clothes from my drawer and walking into my closet to change.

"Whatever you say Haeun, whatever you say" Rebecca says loud enough for me to hear through the closet door.

I walk out and plop onto my bed grabbing my phone and opening up Instagram, scrolling through. After a while I got bored so I got off Instagram and asked Izzie and Becky if they wanted to watch movies so thats what we did for the next few hours until we were tired and decided to go to sleep. I packed up my bag for school the next day, crawled in my bed and said goodnight to Isabella before turning off the lights and goign to bed.