Chapter 11

When Worlds Collide

- Hyunwoo's POV -

"And then what happened?" Youngdo aksed. The guys and I were walking back to the dorms from breakfast and they refused to let the whole date with Haeun thing go. They had been asking me questions about how everything went since last night. 

"And then she went inside" I said 

"And that's it, no romantic movie scene moment? No kiss goodbye?" 

"I mean we hugged" I said trailing off as the guys laughed at me, I even saw Joowon chuckle a little which made me a little less nervous considering he wasn't that thrilled that I asked Haeun on a date to begin with. 

"Wow, you've got no game" Youngdo says laughing before Dohyun chimes in 

"Well I guess that's a good thing since we don't know what Joowon would have done if he had kissed her" they both start laughing and Joowon just chuckles again. Were almost at the front of our dorm when Dohyun speaks up. 

"Speaking of Haeun, isn't that her running with all the girls?" We all turn around and there they are all running and laughing with each other. They see us and wave, and we all wave back.  

"Looks like Youngdo likes something he sees" Joowon says, I add on glad that the topic of discussion is no longer about me. 

"Yeah so when are you going to finally confess to Isabella?" I ask and we all look at him smirking as he just laughs it off saying "What? You guys don't know what you're talking about." We all begin laughing and teasing him as we walk into the dorms. 

- Haeun's POV -

"Finally" Rebecca says falling onto the dorm's front steps. "I would have dropped if we had gone any longer." we all laugh. We had just got finished our run and had made it back to the dorms. 

"It wasn't that bad" I say 

"Yeah well you had Hyunwoo for motivation so I'm sure you were ok" she says and the rest of the girls start teasing. "Yeah yeah whatever. I have work today so I'm going to go shower and leave." 

"Wait I thought we were going to the movies today. Can't you just call in sick? Just this once?" Isabella says making me stop and think.

"No I can't I'm sorry." all the girls begin to protest. "I'll make it up to you guys I promise!" I say walking into the dorms and saying hello to a few girls that I happen to see on the way to my room. I have about an hour to get ready. After taking a shower and putting on my work clothes I head out. I still have a little while so I decide to walk. Joowon had been taking me sometimes and I couldn't help but to smile at the fact that I felt as if I was getting closer to him, and for some reason I liked that. I let my thoughts drift off towards random things and I begin to think about Hyunwoo. I really like him. He's kind, and handsome and smart. I didn't know boys like him still existed. It made me happy that he seemed to feel the same way, for reasons unkwown to me. I arrive at the resturaunt, saying hello to everyone and clocking in ready to get to work. 

****

To say I am tired would be and understatement. It's only five but it was so busy today. I was a little dissapointed that I got off a little earlier than usual today but now I'm grateful! I decided to take the bus back to campuss since I was really tired and didn't feel like walking. After reaching my stop I begin to walk back to school grounds, showing my school badge and saying hello to the security guard as I walk through the gate. I'm walking back to my dorm with the mindset of taking another shower, doing some studying since it would be quite with all the girls gone, and then going to bed for the night. That is until I hear someone yell "mos-saeng-gin bwa (hey ugly)". Me being the idiot that I am decides to turn around. 

"Wow, look girls she responses to it." Seoyeon says laughing with her followers. "You must like that name, I'll remember to call you that more often" she says as if she's making a mental note. 

"Look I'm tired and I really don't want to be bothered today so if you would excuse me...." but she cuts me off before I could walk away 

"Did I dismiss you? Did I dismiss her?" she's now looking at her friends who respond with a no as if they are confused. I'm quickly getting more and more irritated and tired. All I want to do is go back to my room."I mean I know you're stupid, but I would think you would still have manners" she says in fake disbelief, her friends laughing the entire time. I go to walk away but she stops me again. "I'm not done with you. Didn't I tell you to stay away from our boys?" Her friends are all backing her up and she's pushing me with every word she says. I've learned over the years to not retaliate out of fear of losing my scholarship and being sent home, even if it is self defense."I told you not to hang around them! Especially Joowon. He doesn't even like you. I bet he hates you. I bet they all hate you. I mean it's not like there is much to like. You're just a pathetic, little, ." At this point I'm fumming. I'm so sick of her and her friends! I push her and she stumbles but her friends catch her. They all look at me in disbelief. Before I could even register what was happening my hand was on my face. She slapped me, and with the smirk on her face it's safe to assume she was proud of it. "How dare you tou..."

"Dangsin-eun dangsin-i museun il-eulhaneunji saeng-gaghasibnikka!? (what do you think you're doing!?)" Someone yells, and they sound angry. We all turn to see Joowon walking over to use. 

"O-oh...Op-Oppa..." Seoyeon starts but Joowon cuts here off 

"Do I look like your oppa to you?" she doesn't say anything and she looks really nervous. "Answer me"

"Excuse me" Seoyeon asks confused as all her friends begin to back away. 

"I said answer me. What were you doing just now? Who were you hitting just now !?!" It's obvious that he is angry as he yells at her and I'm confused as to why he seems to continue to care so much for me but right now I'm fustrated and tired and agry and all that trumps me being confused so I just look on, happy that he is speaking up for me. 

"Oppa you don't understand she...."

"Who are you calling oppa !!!? I asked who did you just hit just know !? Who did you just call a just now !?!?" Joowon sighs with fustration and rubs his hands on his face before looking back to Seoyeon."Apologise"

"What?" Seoyeon begins to question. 

"Now ! Before I lose my patience." And with that Seoyeon looks at me with disdain and spits a sorry out through her teeth. "All of you! Properly!" Joowon demands and they all bow slightly and apologies without questioning. Joowon looks at them and then for the first time looks back at me. He grabs my hand and yanks me away leaving the girls there angry and confused. It takes me a minute to realise whats happening sense I'm still in shock and for the most part in my own world. 

"Where are we going? Let go of me!" I say finally deciding to speak up as I tug on my arm but Joowon doesn't seem to be letting go. "Are you not going to let go?" I ask as im trying to pry off his hand. "Really let go. I'm tired and I want to go! Let go of me!" I yell before he stops and turns to me abruptly, catching me off guard, but I take the opportunity to get out of his now loose grasp. He's just looking at me with so much fustration and it's bothering me but I still decide to thank him before leaving. "Thanks for your help" I say before turning to walk away.

"Why do you never stick up for yourself?" he asks with an annoyed tone. 

"I don't want to talk about this"

"Don't you ever get tired of being weak?" 

"I'm not weak" I say getting angry 

"Gosh you're so frustrating! You can't even defend yourself but you can have a crush?"

"WHAT ?  What are you even talking about?"

"Hyunwoo ! You and your date with Hyunwoo!!"

"That has no relevence to whether or not I am defending myself!"

"And why do you work all the time? Don't you ever take a break?"

"You're confusing me nothing you're saying is adding up Joowon !!" At this point im getting so frustrated with him. It seems like he cares but he just keeps rambling on and hoping from one subject to the next.

"You're not making since ! I'm tired and I'm leaving" I say

"I'm tired of having to protect you all the time becuase you won't protect yourself!"

"No one asked you to ! I never asked you to protect me ! I can take care of myself !"

"Yeah because letting random girls slap you around all day is taking care of yourself"

"You barely even know me ! Who are you to pass judgement on me?"

"And who's fault is it that I am passing these judgements? WHO'S FAULT IS IT THAT I BARELY KNOW YOU ?"

"WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH YOU'RE NOT MY DAD "

"BECAUSE I HAVE TO ! BECAUSE YOU DON'T CARE FOR YOURSELF LIKE YOU SHOULD ! BECAUSE I'M SUPOSE TO !" 

"WHY ? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO?" 

"BECAUSE I'M YOUR BROTHER !!" 

"..........What ?" we just look at each other, both looking surprised, both trying to catch our breath as Joowon looks at me carefully as if he's trying to figure out whether or not to repeat what it is he has said. "What did you just say" I ask again 

"Your brother Haeun. I'm your brother".